Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Well done! Why not have a parade to celebrate?

We'd never agree on the band to lead it.

The Loyal Bobby Sands Defenders Emerald Sons of Ulster Harp Reformation 1916 Memorial Crown and Faith Loughgall Martyrs Luther Commemoration Orange and Purple Maze Escapees Faithful and True Steadfast Pallet Burners Flute Band might do the job but I don't know how many big drums you would need to fit all that on it.

22 hours ago, oaksoft said:

They just cannot bring themselves to be optimistic without a string of "ah buts" attached to it.

I genuinely don't think any of them know how condescending they are being. Actually, scratch that. Having worked alongside these weirdos I know for a fact they don't realise it. The "how to hug" guide was an absolutely hilarious example. I can guarantee you that these people are genuinely baffled at the criticism they are receiving and cabn't fathom out why they are not being treated like the all-knowing geniuses they truly believe they are. They think they have saved the country from catastrophe and it kills them to know that not only are we not bowing and scraping before them but that we actively take the piss out of them.

Our 10 year old grandson has been hugging both of us for weeks whenever he leaves the house and his wee sister gives her granny a hug, too. (I don't get one from her.)

21 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
21 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
Decided to have a look at hospital admissions in this wave. 
Highest single day admission was 241 on the 11th January.
I'm always wary of single day figures so looking at the 7 day averages.
In the week to the 11th January the 7 day average was 196.9 per day.
In the week to the 11th February the 7 day average was 92.1 per day.
In the week to 11th March the 7 day average was 34.6 per day.
In the week to 11th April the 7 day average was 17.9 per day.
In the week to 11th May the 7 day average was 9/day.
On 3rd and 4th May the 7 day average was 7 per day so that will suit some who wish to be cautious and point out there is a small increase from 7 to 9 per day on average over the last week or so but given where we were in January there is a very impressive decrease.
In mid January the number of ICU admissions peaked at a 7 day average of 16.4 per day. It is currently 0.7 per day.
Hospital and ICU Covid admissions

Those hospital numbers have fairly dropped over the past few months. Any idea what's caused it?

We just don't know...

19 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
On 17/05/2021 at 18:54, Paco said:
Prime Minister Peston has announced June 21st isn’t happening in England.

So are we just going straight from the 20th to the 22nd? What if its your birthday that day? Seems unfair.

You won't need to take any cake into work, so there's that.

I see that some Dumbarton fans are being asked to turn up between 5.45 pm and 6.10 pm for a 7.35 pm kick-off. No kiosks either.

I also see that John Swinney is leading the coronavirus recovery. I hope he does a considerably better job that he's done with education; it's a disgrace he's been simply re-employed in a different role.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Daily Express (I know) reporting an indian study showing AZ 97% (ninety seven) effective against the "Indian variant"

That headline is based on a misunderstanding. 3% of health workers contracted it, but they have no way of knowing how many were exposed so you can't really extrapolate that 97% were protected. The number will be high though 

Edited by madwullie

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

That headline is based on a misunderstanding. 3% of health workers contracted it, but they have no way of knowing how many were exposed so you can't really extrapolate that 97% were protected. The number will be high though 

How does any study know who was exposed out of thousands of participants? I'd imagine health workers in India might be the most exposed people on the planet ATM so happy to attribute some credence to this tbh

Is it a Glasgow flight? Quite a few tour operators are consolidating to Manchester etc due to the Scottish government being a bit flakier than others. 
Afaik, wasn't offered any alternative, just cancelled and refunded.

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

If you are an Indian with a bit of cash in the bank and start feeling Covid symptoms do you.

(I) Isolate immediately and fingers crossed you don't end up in one of the pyres of burning bodies outside a hospital. 

(II) Drop some change for a fake test result and book the first flight to NHS land.

Or go and get the Punjab😄

Looking at the games tonight across England and Scotland that has fans makes me a little upset why us or the St.Johnstone fans can’t be at Hampden on Saturday. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Looking at the games tonight across England and Scotland that has fans makes me a little upset why us or the St.Johnstone fans can’t be at Hampden on Saturday. 
Because we just don't know.

It’s for yours and everyone’s safety. You’re welcome. Jason x