Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Once the pandemic is over, those who used to claim to champion migrant rights and freedom of movement, but instead turned to the same scapegoat that is always used in a crisis, should not be allowed to pretend like this didn't happen and be able to go back to pretending like they care. It won't be forgotten. Some of the rhetoric that has been 'normalised' because 'public health' is vile and a tactic Enoch Powell and Nick Griffin could only have dreamed would occur.

did New Zealand not do blanket bans on freedom of movement which is why they have basically been open as normal for last 12-18 months

Edited by BigDoddyKane

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:  Another rising day but just 1.79%. Positivity up a tick.    Excluding Glasgow & East Renfrew case numbers in  Scotland would actually be down today.

In Glasgow the 2 Hotspots may just have peaked. Both small drops since yesterday.  In East Renfrew the pockets are fairly close by. 

In decent news Moray is an absolute shoe in for level 2 next week now. I think Midlothian has peaked and will drop sharply. 

Lower down the charts good to see Dundee & Aberdeen still showing falls in numbers.  South Ayrshire lights up again.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 9th May to 15th May  were 1903 now 1937 up 1.79%.  Positivity was 1.5% now 1.6%.   Cases per 100k were 34.8 now 35.5

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  23.8 to 23.5 down 1.26%, England 23.6 to 23.0 down 2.54%,  Wales 10.0 to 10.5 up 5.00%, Northern Ireland 34.7 to 35.2 up 1.44%

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 250 to 284, Netherlands  259 to 219, France169 to 152, only destinations over 150 cases per 100K     

Sun worshiper areas currently are Malta 11 to 7 (How is this not on Green list ?), Portugal 24 to 26,  Bulgaria 72 to 59, Spain 84 to 80, Italy 95 to 80, Turkey 128 to 104, Greece 152 to 141  Cyprus 272 to 199   

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Glasgow City  100.3 to 104.6    Positivity 4.1%  Pollokshields West 1437 & East 1211 per 100K both possibly starting to drop. No other area above 400.

East Renfrewshire   86.9 to 94.2  Up another 8.40%.  Mostly fairly close to Pollokshields.

Midlothian   55.2 to 57.3  As 45% of all cases are concentrated in Pentland (which is now dropping), I suspect this will start to fall sharply in next few days.

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

South Lanarkshire  47.1 to 48.4 

Moray  59.5 to 48.0  Down near 20% and sure to move to level 2 next Monday.

East Dunbartonshire  46.0 to 46.0  

Fife  35.9 to 39.1  Kicking off Kirkcaldy down to Rosyth.  Hardly a case in the North & East

North Lanarkshire  34.0 to 35.7

Stirling   27.6 to 30.8 

City Of Edinburgh  26.9 to 27.6  

Perth & Kinross   31.6 to 27.0

Renfrewshire   26.2 to 26.8

North Ayrshire   28.2 to 26.7 

Falkirk   24.2 to 25.5 

Clackmannanshire   31.0 to 25.2 

West Lothian  25.7 to 23.5

East Ayrshire  21.3 to 21.3

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

South Ayrshire   20.4 to 16.9  Back in Cigar Land

Aberdeen City  17.1 to 16.6

Aberdeenshire  14.9 to 16.1

Inverclyde 15.4 to 15.4

Dundee City   15.4 to 12.7  Excellent 17.53% drop

East Lothian   7.5 to 10.3

West Dunbartonshire 10.1 to 9.0

Angus  9.5 to 8.6

Orkney Island  9.0 to 9.0

Western Isles  7.5 to 7.5

Highlands   7.2 to 6.4

Scottish  Borders   4.3 to 4.3

Dumfries & Galloway  4.0 to 3.4  

Argyll & Bute  1.2 to 1.2     

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

Be interested to know what other areas of Glasgow are at 100+ per 100,000.  Hopefully, if its areas neighbouring Pollokshields, it may be the rate starts to drop fairly quickly - if its more endemic across the city, may take longer.

I dont get the accusations of xenophobia for calling for tougher travel restrictions from a country that is going through a spike in infections, especially if there's a concern it's due to a variant with increased transmissibility.  Whilst none of the variants to date seem to have any impact on the rates of hospitalisation and death, it doesnt seem particularly sensible not to learn from the mistakes of last year and try and push through more vaccinations.  I think the frustrating part of it is that the government were quick to ban travel from Bangladesh and Pakistan but India was treated specially due to trade deal considerations.

Edit, having checked the public tableau site it does appear its mainly in Pollokshields and the surrounding areas.  Anyone any idea where the outbreak started?

Edited by Aladdin

The Indian variant was not designated a variant of concern by either PHE or the WHO until after India was red listed. 

I am more concerned here about the PCR tests and an apparently massive control gap. Seen it reported that about 4% of people returning from India were testing positive for Coronavirus following arrival. Each and every one of these people will have tested negative no more than 72hrs before their flight to the UK. And yet, on arrival, there we are. What happened there? A not insignificant proportion just so happened to be incubating the virus when they were tested, or did they catch it on the plane? Were people testing positive and not being denied boarding? Or, have people been faking results?

It doesn't make sense. 

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It doesn't make sense. 

If you are an Indian with a bit of cash in the bank and start feeling Covid symptoms do you.

(I) Isolate immediately and fingers crossed you don't end up in one of the pyres of burning bodies outside a hospital. 

(II) Drop some change for a fake test result and book the first flight to NHS land.

47 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Be interested to know what other areas of Glasgow are at 100+ per 100,000.  Hopefully, if its areas neighbouring Pollokshields, it may be the rate starts to drop fairly quickly - if its more endemic across the city, may take longer.

I dont get the accusations of xenophobia for calling for tougher travel restrictions from a country that is going through a spike in infections, especially if there's a concern it's due to a variant with increased transmissibility.  Whilst none of the variants to date seem to have any impact on the rates of hospitalisation and death, it doesnt seem particularly sensible not to learn from the mistakes of last year and try and push through more vaccinations.  I think the frustrating part of it is that the government were quick to ban travel from Bangladesh and Pakistan but India was treated specially due to trade deal considerations.

Edit, having checked the public tableau site it does appear its mainly in Pollokshields and the surrounding areas.  Anyone any idea where the outbreak started?

India was testing far more than Pakistan & Bangladesh so infection figures were a little skewed at that point. That is the Govt line  😉

Where did the outbreak start ?  Delhi per chance.  Somehow it then found itself materialising in Pollokshields even though travel from India into Scotland was banned.

image.jpeg.6d80ca5fb3681c678275f413f2441789.jpeg

13 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:
30 minutes ago, Detournement said:
If you are an Indian with a bit of cash in the bank and start feeling Covid symptoms do you.
(I) Isolate immediately and fingers crossed you don't end up in one of the pyres of burning bodies outside a hospital. 
(II) Drop some change for a fake test result and book the first flight to NHS land.

You're a fucking idiot

A SNP MSP travelled after a positive test. I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that some Indians testing positive on arrival here have basically done a Ferrier. 

A SNP MSP travelled after a positive test. I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that some Indians testing positive on arrival here have basically done a Ferrier. 
I don't think an "Indian with a bit of cash in the bank" would want to come anywhere near this shithole, so that's really a bit of a false equivalency. NHS land [emoji23]

Just now, WeAreElgin said:

I don't think an "Indian with a bit of cash in the bank" would want to come anywhere near this shithole, so that's really a bit of a false equivalency. NHS land emoji23.png

It was reported 50 doctors died from Covid in one day in India. There are also serious oxygen shortages and aid isn't being distributed evenly. Even hospitals in wealthy areas are struggling. 

As Michael W said the number of positive tests on arrival does not correlate with negative tests 72 hours prior to flying. 

43 minutes ago, Detournement said:

thats a bit daily mail-y mate 

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

thats a bit daily mail-y mate 

I'm not saying it's common but if a significant number of people have the choice some will choose the option which is personally safer for them.

Look at the Scottish Ebola nurse as an example. It's not a race issue it's down to personal choices. 

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Good grief, your spelling sir.

I'll let you have that seeing as you've been great on this thread throughout. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS. That is a disgraceful comment.

It's clearly racist and you should be permanently binned for this.

Be careful what you wish for mate. Red dotting me every day seems to be good for your mental health.

Take that away and it's a slippery slope to getting bullied off the SNP lads again.