Coronavirus (COVID-19)

43 minutes ago, PWL said:

That's my seat confirmed for Dumbarton v Edinburgh City on Thurs. 

Season ticket holders getting priority but taking names for a public sale too. 

Enjoy mate 👍

Well, when I went to bed this morning I didnt expect to wake up to anything positive in the media, but I certainly didnt expect to wake up to read about utter freaks wanting to bring back lockdowns because of a few cases. Pretty strong confirmation that there is at least a significant minority in this country who actively do not want normality.

The likes of Whitty should be getting wheeled out to crush this damaging pish. Unless of course its govt approved, scare vaccine compliance higher tactics.

The last few days is pretty much this...

Freaks; "The indian VaRiAnT is here and it evades vaccines!!!!!! LOCKDOWN HARD!"

Scientists; "actually, it does no such thing"

Freaks; "ehhhhh....... LOCKDOWN NOW!!!!!"

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The likes of Whitty should be getting wheeled out to crush this damaging pish. Unless of course its govt approved, scare vaccine compliance higher tactics.

I told you on Friday this is being driven by the Government Nudge Unit. 

The Germans aren't messing about. No vaccine, negative test or certificate of recovery and you are under curfew. Crazy but the UK media are giving it a Gillet Juene style wide berth. 

Screenshot_2021-05-18-13-34-50-699_com.android.chrome.jpg

So the Indian Variant is on the rise. Areas being kept in Level 4 (should read Level 3)and no sign of the FM doing a daily briefing.   She was on as often as she could prior to the election but hey it looks like job done, re-elected and get on with the day job prioritising indy.

Time we were updated with what exactly is and is going to be happening.  She has already ruined the entertainment and travel industries in the country and is doing her best to finish football off. What next?

Edited by Elric
error

So the Indian Variant is on the rise. Areas being kept in Level 4 and no sign of the FM doing a daily briefing.   She was on as often as she could prior to the election but hey it looks like job done, re-elected and get on with the day job prioritising indy.
Time we were updated with what exactly is and is going to be happening.  She has already ruined the entertainment and travel industries in the country and is doing her best to finish football off. What next?
Which areas are being kept in level 4? Please show your working

4 minutes ago, Elric said:

So the Indian Variant is on the rise. Areas being kept in Level 4 and no sign of the FM doing a daily briefing.   She was on as often as she could prior to the election but hey it looks like job done, re-elected and get on with the day job prioritising indy.

This post will look pretty old in around 8 minutes time.

Perhaps you would like a public Inquiry with the usual 8 hour grilling as the briefing today is at 2pm and not at 12.15pm as you expected?  

8 minutes ago, Elric said:

As soon as the rates started dropping to the numbers a few weeks ago there was no real need for a briefing every day. Even if the election hadn't happened i think they would have stopped for the weekly update in the Scot Gov. If the cases start to rise again to any significant number and there is a need for tiers to be moved up and down (or heaven forbid another national lockdown!!) then i've no doubt daily updates would be back.

268 new cases of COVID-19 reported

17,515 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

1.7% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

4 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (3 yesterday)

70 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (68 yesterday)

3,045,152 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,669,469 have received their second dose

6 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 hours ago, mizfit said:
Telegraph is running with a story that the UK Gov is drawing up plans for a full lockdown with businesses being given £18k each.

1) I take it there is a magic money tree

2) why?

3) get fucked

I get having a worst case scenario plan but they literally just acknowledged vaccines worked. This can’t happen again.

The dreaded "circuit breaker" was brought back up by "experts" on Newsnight last night. Seems some sort of short sharp shock is at least being considered again.

These "experts" should experience being a circuit breaker in a fucking substation. That might buck their ideas up a bit. 

1 hour ago, PWL said:

That's my seat confirmed for Dumbarton v Edinburgh City on Thurs. 

Season ticket holders getting priority but taking names for a public sale too. 

I would have applied out of curiosity but as City shat the bed last night I won't bother. Enjoy. 

I was pleasantly surprised this morning watching TV. There was a public health expert on and I was expecting the mantra again (cases, variants, keep us in lockdown). Instead he was pretty robust and was arguing against "catastrophising" every variant. He said there was too much hysteria based on little knowledge, and the "50% more transmissable" thing being bandied about is based on one tiny subset of data rather than all the data. That, and the vaccines work so go get a jag. 

Pleasing to hear, just sad I didn't catch his name.  

The Scottish Sun and The Times saying Pubs may be closed in the coming days in Scotland due to the Indian Variant. 

Also East Renfrewshire and MIdlothian may be moved back a level due to spike in cases in both areas. 

Why are Pubs being specifically targeted here? 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

The Scottish Sun and The Times saying Pubs may be closed in the coming days in Scotland due to the Indian Variant. 
Also East Renfrewshire and MIdlothian may be moved back a level due to spike in cases in both areas. 
Why are Pubs being specifically targeted here? 

The real issue here is taking the Scottish Sun as fact based on....what exactly

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Why are Pubs being specifically targeted here

Because alcohol is bad.  We should all be going to church instead of the pub.

Surely we're at a temporary base level for hospitalisations here.  It's determined to not drop under 60.

Hospital numbers were 42 in September last year before rising again (no vaccine of course). They do seem a bit stuck at the minute but given they were at 2053 on 22nd January it’s still an impressive decline overall.

Daily Cases Update:  Another rising day but just 1.79%. Positivity up a tick.    Excluding Glasgow & East Renfrew case numbers in  Scotland would actually be down today.

In Glasgow the 2 Hotspots may just have peaked. Both small drops since yesterday.  In East Renfrew the pockets are fairly close by. 

In decent news Moray is an absolute shoe in for level 2 next week now. I think Midlothian has peaked and will drop sharply. 

Lower down the charts good to see Dundee & Aberdeen still showing falls in numbers.  South Ayrshire lights up again.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 9th May to 15th May  were 1903 now 1937 up 1.79%.  Positivity was 1.5% now 1.6%.   Cases per 100k were 34.8 now 35.5

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  23.8 to 23.5 down 1.26%, England 23.6 to 23.0 down 2.54%,  Wales 10.0 to 10.5 up 5.00%, Northern Ireland 34.7 to 35.2 up 1.44%

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 250 to 284, Netherlands  259 to 219, France169 to 152, only destinations over 150 cases per 100K     

Sun worshiper areas currently are Malta 11 to 7 (How is this not on Green list ?), Portugal 24 to 26,  Bulgaria 72 to 59, Spain 84 to 80, Italy 95 to 80, Turkey 128 to 104, Greece 152 to 141  Cyprus 272 to 199   

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Glasgow City  100.3 to 104.6    Positivity 4.1%  Pollokshields West 1437 & East 1211 per 100K both possibly starting to drop. No other area above 400.

East Renfrewshire   86.9 to 94.2  Up another 8.40%.  Mostly fairly close to Pollokshields.

Midlothian   55.2 to 57.3  As 45% of all cases are concentrated in Pentland (which is now dropping), I suspect this will start to fall sharply in next few days.

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

South Lanarkshire  47.1 to 48.4 

Moray  59.5 to 48.0  Down near 20% and sure to move to level 2 next Monday.

East Dunbartonshire  46.0 to 46.0  

Fife  35.9 to 39.1  Kicking off Kirkcaldy down to Rosyth.  Hardly a case in the North & East

North Lanarkshire  34.0 to 35.7

Stirling   27.6 to 30.8 

City Of Edinburgh  26.9 to 27.6  

Perth & Kinross   31.6 to 27.0

Renfrewshire   26.2 to 26.8

North Ayrshire   28.2 to 26.7 

Falkirk   24.2 to 25.5 

Clackmannanshire   31.0 to 25.2 

West Lothian  25.7 to 23.5

East Ayrshire  21.3 to 21.3

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

South Ayrshire   20.4 to 16.9  Back in Cigar Land

Aberdeen City  17.1 to 16.6

Aberdeenshire  14.9 to 16.1

Inverclyde 15.4 to 15.4

Dundee City   15.4 to 12.7  Excellent 17.53% drop

East Lothian   7.5 to 10.3

West Dunbartonshire 10.1 to 9.0

Angus  9.5 to 8.6

Orkney Island  9.0 to 9.0

Western Isles  7.5 to 7.5

Highlands   7.2 to 6.4

Scottish  Borders   4.3 to 4.3

Dumfries & Galloway  4.0 to 3.4  

Argyll & Bute  1.2 to 1.2     

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

Edited by superbigal

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What happened to the “no more lockdowns, ever” chat from a few weeks ago from certain politicians/experts. Can’t they see the damage they do to people’s mental health, or how unfair it is to shaft businesses yet again? I’m absolutely stunned at there being any appetite for another lockdown when there is a working vaccine to prevent the elderly and vulnerable from getting seriously ill or dying. Where is the justification for it? 

Maybe some gobshite mentioning "bodies piling up in their thousands" as being acceptable rather than another lockdown?