Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

the UK vs EU vaccine rollout is beginning to remind me of the 2013 falkirk v hibs semi final , where we won the match comfortably in the first half to wave cheerio to all the hibs fans streaming out early,  no possible way that could come back to huant us ...

There are as many restrictions in Germany and France as there are here. 

Germany looks like it's going to dive head first into a two tier vaccine passport society next month. The UK government have a lot of psychological warfare to carry out before the UK population will be ready to accept that. 

Edited by Detournement

I think Scotgov are generally absolutely fucking clueless right now. If you look at the fact devi one of their advisors is constantly pivoting from position to position it certainly doesnt look like they are getting coherent advice. This is also reflected in the constantly changing reporting and posturing from Clownshoes etc. Gregor Smith basically sold this to me with the thread the other day, they genuinely dont know whats happening. 
Say what you will about the German initial vaccine roll out and the EU fucking about, but they’ve all grabbed the bull by the horns now and seem to be strategising for a return to normality. Given how keen they were to triumph how better they were than the EU etc previously they’ve got to accept the EU is schooling them now when it comes to exit strategy planning. Fucking pcr testing for vaccinated people? Masks in summer? No clarity on what the actual levels would need to be for a total exit etc, what a complete farce. 
Isn't the EU exit policy the much maligned on here vaccine passport system, some sort of EU wide green card for the fully vaccinated to be used to gain entry to sport, theatres etc plus other EU countries. Would folk accept that to ditch SD, capacity limits and masks over no obvious exit strategy ?

I have been looking for the ramp up from 12 weeks gap to 8 weeks for 2nd doses for over 50s.
As announced by the UK gov last week and to be a UK wide as recommended by the JCVI
However unless i am going blind the ScotGov have no updated publication or announcement.
Anyone point me to what i am missing.  Why would ScotGov be stalling this important announcement ?
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/most-vulnerable-offered-second-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-earlier-to-help-protect-against-variants

Getting my second vaccine dose this week. Just over 9 weeks since the first one. I’m 62.
My wife got her 2nd one 10 weeks after the first. She is 58.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Isn't the EU exit policy the much maligned on here vaccine passport system, some sort of EU wide green card for the fully vaccinated to be used to gain entry to sport, theatres etc plus other EU countries. Would folk accept that to ditch SD, capacity limits and masks over no obvious exit strategy ?

Isn’t the EU wide certificate purely for travel and not for domestic use?

Absolutely roaring trade being done at the Glasgow south side vaccination centre this morning. Vast majority of people in the queue in their 20s and 30s. 
Received text this morning, first jag booked for 2nd June.

10 minutes ago, Elixir said:

'Long Covid' largely a lot of hypochondriac shite? Who could have known!

The replies to that trying to blame the coding GPs have to do would be a reasonable enough response if the difference between the number of people self identifying as having long COVID in the ONS survey wasn't 250 times greater than the numbers being recorded by GPs.

13 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Yes, I believe it is primarily for the reopening of borders.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

have any European countries announced a roadmap to removal of their restriction? for instance many have mandatory masks outdoors , some have lifted that, which is a start, but i wouldn't be interested in going anywhere with that in place.

36 minutes ago, Left Back said:

23 minutes ago, Elixir said:

https://www.thelocal.de/20210430/in-detail-these-are-germanys-planned-new-freedoms-for-covid-vaccinated-people/

Germany just passed a bill legislating for continuing restrictions only on unvaccinated people. 

UK media haven't covered it as far as I can see. 

Not sure to be honest. I don't think anyone really does yet until someone in Europe actualy takes the leap and scraps all measures. Our masks regs are way more lax than the likes of Spain, Germany, France and Italy.

That's my seat confirmed for Dumbarton v Edinburgh City on Thurs. 

Season ticket holders getting priority but taking names for a public sale too. 

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

Telegraph is running with a story that the UK Gov is drawing up plans for a full lockdown with businesses being given £18k each.

1) I take it there is a magic money tree

2) why?

3) get fucked

I get having a worst case scenario plan but they literally just acknowledged vaccines worked. This can’t happen again.

Worrying the telegraph is basically government Comms also £18k is almost nothing but it would mean Boris would have to pack his bags he kept India on the safe travel list hoping he could do a "Global Britain" event weeks after India's neighbours placed them on a "Red List" 

Also laughable to suggest a lockdown when hospitals and morgues are empty.

21 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Why were the brown people not kept out sooner!

Someone from Good Morning Britain was shouting at a government minister the other day about people pouring into the country "with a virus in their blood" and "infecting people in our nation" which is a nice and fash way to go all 28 Days Later about things.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Someone from Good Morning Britain was shouting at a government minister the other day about people pouring into the country "with a virus in their blood" and "infecting people in our nation" which is a nice and fash way to go all 28 Days Later about things.

Glad to hear Gillian Duffy is alive and well. 

17 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Once the pandemic is over, those who used to claim to champion migrant rights and freedom of movement, but instead turned to the same scapegoat that is always used in a crisis, should not be allowed to pretend like this didn't happen and be able to go back to pretending like they care. It won't be forgotten. Some of the rhetoric that has been 'normalised' because 'public health' is vile and a tactic Enoch Powell and Nick Griffin could only have dreamed would occur.