Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The hospital number has somewhat plateaued latterly so Covid admissions and discharges must be at a similar rate. In the week to 11th May 63 patients were admitted to hospital with confirmed Covid 19.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

Before anyone piles in, I know this isn't Flu, but.....

During a normal Flu season there must, presumably, be an expectation of a certain amount of patients in hospital at any given time, even with those most at risk being vaccinated.

If Covid is to become endemic, surely there will be a non-zero baseline of expected numbers in hospital. Could the plateau-ing of hospital numbers be an indication that we are at or near that baseline?

Ah look, the Tory farmer virgin from Hawick has found me again.  I was wondering where you were Stormzy m8, I've posted about 10 time today.

Edit - Do you want me to show you how to post images on here?

Edited by TheScarf

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ah look, the Tory farmer virgin from Hawick has found me again.  I was wondering where you were Stormzy m8, I've posted about 10 time today.

Edit - Do you want me to show you how to post images on here?

Tory farmer virgin from Hawick 😂

The fantasy list keeps getting longer.. Very awkward if you think I purposefully seek you out for comment. Your nanny state comments amused me as I said the same a few days back and the local bootlickers were out in force to defend the dear leader, it's an admirable stance you've taken, presuming you didn't actually vote for the current government of course. 

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but, is there any chance that East Ren being closed again after a few days might have the SG admit they've fucked this one, wipe the slate clean and start again, or even encourage more questionning from the opposition parties?

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Tory farmer virgin from Hawick 😂

The fantasy list keeps getting longer.. Very awkward if you think I purposefully seek you out for comment. Your nanny state comments amused me as I said the same a few days back and the local bootlickers were out in force to defend the dear leader, it's an admirable stance you've taken, presuming you didn't actually vote for the current government of course. 

Correct friend, I was both votes Green.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It continues

Screenshot_2021-05-17-15-06-55-176_com.android.chrome.jpg

Look mate you need to chill out with this,

I actually do think the government and media   are  trying to be manipulative with their press releases, but not because they  won't to permanently turn the world into something resembling the movie demolition man,  I'm pretty sure it's a ploy to get people to continue to adhere to what's still in place rather than thinking "oh well only a few weeks till it's allowed anyway, might aswell..) 

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

bet Linda's a right laugh at a party eh .. you'v already had 2 beers, you might get a hangover if you have any more just be careful right 

I now don't know why they don't have a red and green list if this how they are going to support the industry then unless countries are on the amber list for a week or 2 before moving to either Red or Green then this summer's holiday market will be knackered

13 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That just seems like common sense to me. Of course cases will rise when people are mixing more indoors.

That shouldn’t be a problem as very few of these ‘cases’ will require hospital treatment.

But the issue is we won’t be getting out of level 2 anytime soon if the scotgov continue to fixate on case numbers. I think it’s highly unlikely we’ll be below 20 per 100,000 in 3 weeks’ time.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

That just seems like common sense to me. Of course cases will rise when people are mixing more indoors.

That shouldn’t be a problem as very few of these ‘cases’ will require hospital treatment.

But the issue is we won’t be getting out of level 2 anytime soon if the scotgov continue to fixate on case numbers. I think it’s highly unlikely we’ll be below 20 per 100,000 in 3 weeks’ time.

Due to the easing of restrictions today, there was never a snowball's chance in hell of the Scotland-wide numbers being less that 20 per 100k in 3 weeks time. 

But surely the SG must have factored that in, when they talked about the country moving to level 1 ?

At the moment, as you said, it looks very much like the SG are considering case numbers, and case numbers alone. In which case, we'll never get out of this hell for years. 

I'm convinced they're kicking the can down the road until the beginning of August, when most of the population will have been vaccinated. They really don't want to make any decisions until that time, and you can see them preparing the groundwork for the announcement that the moving to Level 1 easing has been scrapped. 

57 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but, is there any chance that East Ren being closed again after a few days might have the SG admit they've fucked this one, wipe the slate clean and start again, or even encourage more questionning from the opposition parties?

I very much doubt it. The govt did say they wouldn't have regions yo-yoing between tiers, so I would bet the opposite will happen. Clackmannanshire could be in all 4 tiers in the 1 month.

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Due to the easing of restrictions today, there was never a snowball's chance in hell of the Scotland-wide numbers being less that 20 per 100k in 3 weeks time. 

But surely the SG must have factored that in, when they talked about the country moving to level 1 ?

At the moment, as you said, it looks very much like the SG are considering case numbers, and case numbers alone. In which case, we'll never get out of this hell for years. 

I'm convinced they're kicking the can down the road until the someone else( most likely England) trys it first and they've made sure the shit didn't hit the fan there , when most of the population will have been vaccinated. They really don't want to make any decisions someone else takes the lead so they can be sure they're not making a mistake, and you can see them preparing the groundwork for the announcement that the moving to Level 1 easing has been scrapped & the whole of mainland scotland is told not to visit indoors , which will be roundly ignored by most people. 

FIFY

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

You say it's wishful thinking, but isn't there a risk that they do indeed to that but make it even more difficult to move down the levels?