Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I was thinking about this actually. What level of an increase in hospital numbers would people feel it’s justified to go backwards with restrictions? 100 in hospital? 500?

There will undoubtedly be a bit of a rise, but I’ll be fuming if we get a small, but higher than now, number in hospital and instantly shit the bed when it’s an inevitability without the whole population vaccinated.

You think they’ll do the cautious thing for a week or so until they have evidence of hospitalisations increasing etc or scientific modelling and then move from there? Wonder how many businesses and lives will be ruined by the ‘just dont know’ approach? 

I'm in Shawlands and just received a text from the NHS telling me I've been identified as a priority to receive the vaccine. Mid-20s and no underlying conditions. Much rather this than the asymptomatic testing they were pushing.

Excellent. Fewer cases, positivity down and hospital numbers back down as well? I can't remember what they were on Friday. 

Hospital numbers were I think 64 on Friday. That said they’ve hovered around mid sixties last week so are essentially unchanged. ICU number at 3 is unchanged from Friday.

Edit to add hospital number was 72 last Monday. ICU number was 6.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You think they’ll do the cautious thing for a week or so until they have evidence of hospitalisations increasing etc or scientific modelling and then move from there? Wonder how many businesses and lives will be ruined by the ‘just dont know’ approach? 

looks like the obsession with case numbers alone isnt going away. This must be revised if/when cases don't turn into serious ilness and death

The whole thing reeks to me of someone (Leitch probably) falling asleep at the part of the risk management training that covered "residual risk".

These fannies are quite literally chasing an impossible task, because the "Indian Variant" like all of the other geographically named ones, has f**k all to do with India, and in the world we live in, quite sinply cannot be contained. 

Why havent they woken up to this yet?

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Businesses are getting £750 compensation though so I'm sure they'll be fine. 

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Can someone tell me what the Scottish Government seem to be seeing that isnt shown in hospital admissions, deaths etc? Research showing no significant concerns in terms of vaccine efficacy? Leitch et al entirely unwilling to explain Entirely unaccountable? No adult conversation? Businesses being destroyed with no notice, families unable to meet up indoors as planned, illegal to give yer granny a cuddle in Glasgow? 
Is this genuinely the world we want to live in? Are these measures actually proportionate? Where is the evidence of the NHS being likely overwhelmed? 

It's nanny state pish and I'm sick fed up of it.

I'm just back from a glorious 10 days of hillwalking and kayaking in the West Highlands with a couple of mates. We had been genuinely concerned that we'd have to cancel our accommodation due to the nonsense indoor mixing rules, losing deposits etc in the process. Thankfully the owner was happy enough to let us continue with the booking with no fucks given. Unfortunately we forgot to buy cigars. 

I'd stayed in a hostel the first 3 days and they are really having a hard time of it as they could only let out one room per household, and as families generally don't use hostels, they were basically letting out the entire place to only 5 individuals.

The sooner this draconian pish is fired into the fucking sun the better. 

Would like to see the rationale behind any further restrictions for the sake of a couple of hundred asymptomatic cases while no one is being admitted to hospital.

What's the point?

14 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

161 new cases of COVID-19 reported
11,361 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
1.6% of these were positive
0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register offices are now generally closed on weekends)
3 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
68 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
3,035,790 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,638,536 have received their second dose

Looks like there remains no catastrophe caused by the Indian variant then! 

17 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Excellent. Fewer cases, positivity down and hospital numbers back down as well? I can't remember what they were on Friday. 

I would normally agree, however it's becoming apparent that hospital/icu numbers literally mean f**k all now to the govt. That's unless they go up of course.

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Would like to see the rationale behind any further restrictions for the sake of a couple of hundred asymptomatic cases while no one is being admitted to hospital.

What's the point?

Keeps Jason "Leech" Leitch relevant and in the public eye. He'll be telling Nicola we need to lockdown nationally again in no time, he can get back on the Off the Ball Christmas special this year. 

Daily Cases Update:  Another rising day with cases up over 5%  We are now the worst of the home nations.  In Europe cases continue to drop apart from in Sweden.  The UK has also dropped a further 2 spots in deaths per million to 13th in Europe.

Glasgow continues to surge on the South Side along with its near neighbours in East Renfrew.  So no real update from yesterday. Astonished East Renfrew did not get the same treatment.  Imagine how bad Scotgov will look if they shift them back to Level 3 after only 1 or 2 days of Level 2.

My tip of the week is to keep an eye on Edinburgh City.  Pattern seems to be emerging.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 8th May to 14th May  were 1812 now 1903 up 5.13%.  Positivity was 1.5% now 1.5%.   Cases per 100k were 33.2 now 34.8

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  24.2 to 23.8 down 1.65%, England 24.3 to 23.6 down 2.88%,  Wales  9.7 to 10.0 up 3.09%, Northern Ireland 34.7 to 34.7 up 0.00%

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 250 to 284, Netherlands  259 to 219, France169 to 152, only destinations over 150 cases per 100K     

Sun worshiper areas currently are Malta 11 to 7 (How is this not on Green list ?), Portugal 24 to 26,  Bulgaria 72 to 59, Spain 84 to 80, Italy 95 to 80, Turkey 128 to 104, Greece 152 to 141  Cyprus 272 to 199   

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Glasgow City  94.5 to 100.3    Positivity 4.2%  Pollokshields West 1566 & East 1271 per 100K

East Renfrewshire   75.4 to 86.9 Up another 15%

Moray 58.4 to 59.5

Midlothian  53.0 to 55.2

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

South Lanarkshire  46.2 to 47.1 

East Dunbartonshire   37.7 to 46.0  Up 22% as it continues upwards.

Fife  34.3 to 35.9

North Lanarkshire  34.6 to 34.0

Perth & Kinross   29.6 to 31.6 

Clackmannanshire   44.6 to 31.0 

North Ayrshire  25.2 to 28.2

Stirling  23.4 to 27.6 

City Of Edinburgh  24.2 to 26.9  Up 36% in 48 hours.

Renfrewshire  22.3 to 26.2

West Lothian  25.7 to 25.7

Falkirk  19.9 to 24.2 

East Ayrshire  24.6 to 21.3

South Ayrshire    21.3 to 20.4 

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

Aberdeen City  18.8 to 17.1

Inverclyde 16.7 to 15.4

Dundee City   15.4 to 15.4

Aberdeenshire  14.5 to 14.9

West Dunbartonshire  9.0 to 10.1

Angus  11.2 to 9.5

East Lothian   9.3 to 7.5

Orkney Island  9.0 to 9.0

Western Isles  7.5 to 7.5

Highlands  8.5 to 7.2

Scottish  Borders   4.3 to 4.3

Dumfries & Galloway  4.0 to 4.0  

Argyll & Bute  0.0 to 1.2     

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

Edited by superbigal

What's the point?

The hospital number has somewhat plateaued latterly so Covid admissions and discharges must be at a similar rate. In the week to 11th May 63 patients were admitted to hospital with confirmed Covid 19.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

3 minutes ago, PWL said:

The closest I've seen to any 'rationale' is this thread from Dr Smith 

Worryingly, he goes on to post about Iron Maiden......

anyone else not got a scoobie what any of that means?

In other news, on any given day we are vaccinating about 2-300 HUNDRED times more people than  the amount who are catching covid, so what is all this pish about "losing the race"?

What's the point?
"Data not dates" remember.

As long as that data suits whichever narrative they're trying to peddle that week.