Coronavirus (COVID-19)

"Fragile" [emoji23], fs JL has came out with some shit over the last year but this is a new level of hyperbole
Screenshot_20210516-182637_Chrome.thumb.jpg.83478b1b6b14fc2ae993558997f3d5cc.jpg

He said it was contained a few days ago hinting it would stay level 2. The man’s clueless.

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

"Fragile" 😂, fs JL has came out with some shit over the last year but this is a new level of hyperbole

Screenshot_20210516-182637_Chrome.jpg

All that means is, that these germ infested scaffs will jump on the Megabus through to Edinburgh. A horrific prospect.

Seems that the current thinking re variants is to step up the vaccinations in effected areas.
The blue envelope system reeks of sluggish beaurocracy as others have pointed out. Furthermore, whatever happened to the 24hr vaccinations that we've been told would be possible?
In Glasgow it all seems to be done by text, at least the folk I know who have had the vaccine outside of NHS workers have had their appointments booked that way.

Seems to vary by health board.

In Glasgow it all seems to be done by text, at least the folk I know who have had the vaccine outside of NHS workers have had their appointments booked that way.

Seems to vary by health board.

My first vaccine was a phonecall from the centre giving me a date and time. I got told I’d get the envelope for my second one which I did.

Hate to get the fire hydrant out for the cigars but AZ have missed out on Champions League football by a bawhair being pipped by the Philips Sport Vereniging who happen to make medical equipment. Clearly not clinical enough.
Wasted in this thread methinks my friend.

My original post stated "over 40", personally I'm 47 and as mentioned previously I haven't yet received a letter nor a phone call and neither have many of my friends who are all between the ages of 45 - 49, so if this isn't a factor, then why not just open the appointments up to anyone who wished one after we had dealt with the vulnerable and over 50's ?
Phone the helpline pal. West FM now running with a cock up in Ayrshire and DnG over blue envelopes for 49-45 cohort. Phone and you will get an appointment.

This place is in Kilmarnock! Are places just going to carry on with this bed shitting nonsense ad infinitum? 
20210516_191404.thumb.jpg.a03a606170d232b827ab17bfb4588dd8.jpg
Bed shitting ? He owns the business and can do what he likes totally up to him. If it doesn't directly affect you what's your beef ???

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
This place is in Kilmarnock! Are places just going to carry on with this bed shitting nonsense ad infinitum? 

Bed shitting ? He owns the business and can do what he likes totally up to him. If it doesn't directly affect you what's your beef ???

He says he has vulnerable customers - theyll have been vaccinated by now. Also this part "I'm sure you wouldnt want to risk lives by coming to the gym" is a line straight out the JL/Devi nonsense handbook 

He says he has vulnerable customers - theyll have been vaccinated by now. Also this part "I'm sure you wouldnt want to risk lives by coming to the gym" is a line straight out the JL/Devi nonsense handbook 
Yeah, im sure the lack of vaccines didnt prevent him opening up to all of his customers last summer without that sort of mewling. It has to stop. Trying to shame people over a fucking virus.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

If they’ve paid to be allowed to use the gym via their monthly direct debit then he shouldn’t be trying to prevent them using the service.

ETA.  A LFT will do a lot of good for two events that happened less than 24 hours previously.

Edited by Left Back

The thing with this blue envelope pish is that it provides a link to a perfectly functional website where you can change your appointment online, not sure why they couldn't have just skipped the envelope bit and just told folk to do it online, most likely would have meant more doses in arms instead of fridges and saved a few quid as well.

Up to him though, his customers will decide ultimately. We can't dictate admission policy to private business owners in any scenario. The public and his customers in particular will decide if he's right or wrong but as a non customer of his what you or I think is ultimately irrelevant. Some business's currently let folk in unmasked while others won't entertain it (speak to Oaky for the former) but we don't get to be judge and jury on that.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Up to him though, his customers will decide ultimately. We can't dictate admission policy to private business owners in any scenario. The public and his customers in particular will decide if he's right or wrong but as a non customer of his what you or I think is ultimately irrelevant. Some business's currently let folk in unmasked while others won't entertain it (speak to Oaky for the former) but we don't get to be judge and jury on that.

It’s not reasonable of him to exclude certain groups from using the facilities they’ve paid for.  I’d wager he’s still happy to collect subscription fees from the people he’s attempting to bar.

it is absolutely relevant for any of us to pass comment on this.  We have to live in the society this fear mongering is creating.  It happens to not affect us as individuals today but could well do tomorrow when someone else decides to pick and choose what they believe is acceptable behaviour.

I’d be telling him to bolt and taking my business elsewhere.

As non customers we can say what we like but he won't be giving two hoots. As I said any business owner can run their business as they see fit, ultimately only his customers get to pass judgement on that so what you or I think is totally irrelevant. We need to stop being judgemental and decide for ourselves who we choose to spend money with. We would never have agreed with every businesses policies pre pandemic so why would that change.

It’s not reasonable of him to exclude certain groups from using the facilities they’ve paid for.  I’d wager he’s still happy to collect subscription fees from the people he’s attempting to bar.
it is absolutely relevant for any of us to pass comment on this.  We have to live in the society this fear mongering is creating.  It happens to not affect us as individuals today but could well do tomorrow when someone else decides to pick and choose what they believe is acceptable behaviour.
I’d be telling him to bolt and taking my business elsewhere.

57 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Phone the helpline pal. West FM now running with a cock up in Ayrshire and DnG over blue envelopes for 49-45 cohort. Phone and you will get an appointment.

Cheers, will give them a call in the morning.