Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:  Another poor day with cases up 5.28%

Glasgow continues to surge but it is now very much in Cowboy & Indian territory in the Wild South side.  1 in 60 now have the Rona confirmed.

I think there is every chance East Renfrew could have the plug pulled on it.  Fortunately low numbers, but it has doubled in 2 days and that will hardly go unnoticed. 

In Cigar land brilliant to see Dundee, Aberdeen & Edinburgh keeping the flag flying. 

Europe vast improvements. How Malta does not make Green and how Turkey is on Red is bamboozling.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 6th May to 12th May  were 1630 now 1716 up 5.28%.  Positivity was 1.4% now 1.4%.   Cases per 100k were 30.0 now 31.4

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  21.9 to 24.2 up 10.50%, England 22.1 to 24.3  up 9.95%,  Wales  9.2 to 9.7 up 5.43%, Northern Ireland 32.6 to 34.7 up 6.44%

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Netherlands 301 to 259, Sweden  331 to 250, Croatia 229 to 175,  Belgium 182 to 172, France186 to 169, Greece 152 all destinations over 150 cases per 100K     

Sun worshiper areas currently are Malta 11(Down) (How is this not on Green list ?), Portugal 24(Up),  Bulgaria 72(Down), Spain 84(Down), Italy 95(Down), Turkey 128(Down)  Cyprus 272 (Down)    

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Glasgow City   80.4 to 89.4   Another 11.19% rise.  Pollokshields West 1309 & East 933 per 100K

Moray  68.9 to 68.9  

East Renfrewshire   52.3 to 68.0 up another 30% after 35% yesterday. 

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

Midlothian   50.8  to 45.4

Clackmannanshire  50.4 to 44.6  

South Lanarkshire    37.1 to 38.7   

East Dunbartonshire   23.9 to 37.7   Terrible 24 hours up 57.74%

North Lanarkshire   35.7  to 36.3

Fife  31.6 to 32.9

Perth & Kinross    23.7 to 28.3  

North Ayrshire  26.0  to 26.7

West Lothian  22.9 to 25.7

Stirling   25.5 to 25.5 

East Ayrshire  23.8 to 22.9

Falkirk    23.0 to 21.1

West Lothian  22.9 to 25.7

South Ayrshire     22.2  to 21.3 

Renfrewshire  21.2 to 20.1

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

City Of Edinburgh   20.4 to 19.8

Aberdeen City    24.1 to 17.1  Some drop of 29%

Dundee City   14.7 to 15.4

Inverclyde  14.1 to 14.1

Aberdeenshire 13.0 to 13.0

Angus  12.9 to 12.0

West Dunbartonshire   10.1 to 9.0

Highlands   7.2 to 7.6

East Lothian   5.6 to 6.5

Dumfries & Galloway  6.7 to 4.7  

Western Isles 0.0 to 3.7

Scottish  Borders   3.5 to 1.7

Argyll & Bute  0.0 to 0.0     

Orkney Island  4.5 to 0.0 

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

There's a new test centre been set up in Milngavie, so I reckon we might see a rise in ED in coming days.

In saying that I haven't seen anyone in it yet...

Superb goal in the FA Cup at Wembley and even better to see the tremendous scenes of joyous celebrating fans with hardly a mask and zero effs given to social distance. Compare and contrast to the dour tone from our lazy football authorities and over- zealous government.

Why oh why we are being driven down and hammered with stupid irrelevant rules based on the opinion of power- drunk administrators rather than “data over dates” would make me weep, if the scenes from Wembley weren’t an uplifting glimpse to what we should be seeing here too. I’d even go so far, as a Celtic fan, I’m delighted the Rangers fans are celebrating their title in the city as they should have been in the stadium today.

2 minutes ago, deegee said:

Superb goal in the FA Cup at Wembley and even better to see the tremendous scenes of joyous celebrating fans with hardly a mask and zero effs given to social distance. Compare and contrast to the dour tone from our lazy football authorities and over- zealous government.

Why oh why we are being driven down and hammered with stupid irrelevant rules based on the opinion of power- drunk administrators rather than “data over dates” would make me weep, if the scenes from Wembley weren’t an uplifting glimpse to what we should be seeing here too. I’d even go so far, as a Celtic fan, I’m delighted the Rangers fans are celebrating their title in the city as they should have been in the stadium today.

Finding the stadium layout odd at Wembley.  The fans aren’t even spread out as much as they could be.  Top deck is practically empty.

Also this is something I didn't know.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/behavioural-insights-team

The Behavioural Insights Team – also known as the Nudge Unit – is now a social purpose company. It is partly owned by the Cabinet Office, employees and Nesta. For more information, please visit the Behavioural Insights Team’s website.

So you have a 'social purpose company' designing what is effectively state propaganda. Presumably it has been set up this way so they aren't subject to FOIA and the civil service regulations.

14 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Okay, these c**ts need their heads bog-washed in the nearest lavvy now FFS.

For the first time I'm getting "enjoy your night" vibes from the Government recently.

Ignoring their mewling about the dangers of easing from Monday, followed by this, is hopefully the start of putting these incredible losers back in their box.

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Finding the stadium layout odd at Wembley.  The fans aren’t even spread out as much as they could be.  Top deck is practically empty.

Yet the authorities actually thought it was fine to propose 600 fans as a good option in Hampden, before NS burst that bubble. I actually said the the wife a fortnight ago that Tannadice or Pittodrie should have been considered as a test event with 10k fans minimum, if Hampden actually was contracted to UEFA (which I still can’t understand the need for 3 week takeover).

It is clear the government will bend their own rules to fill churches a month ago but can’t bear to see football, rugby, nightclubs etc open in any form without attempting to control by fear.

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It's a "test event". Presumably they're testing something by having them in reasonably close proximity.

Hopefully the FA will let Leitch know how the car parking got on.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

For the first time I'm getting "enjoy your night" vibes from the Government recently.

Ignoring their mewling about the dangers of easing from Monday, followed by this, is hopefully the start of putting these incredible losers back in their box.

Very naive.

It's more likely that they are astroturfing calls for the June 21 to be cancelled so it seems less like that they are enforcing restrictions than acquiescing to demands from advisors and the NHS.

This is exactly what happened with the initial lockdown where Boris was giving it big licks about the economic benefits of staying open at the exact same time contracts to enable total lockdown were being signed and large amounts of lockdown paraphernalia was being manufactured. 

Great to see the Leicester players celebrating with their fans after that, almost forgotten what it looked like. I haven’t watched as much English football since the fans went, it’s just not the same watching a game you don’t care about without fans. No idea why really.

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Great to see the Leicester players celebrating with their fans after that, almost forgotten what it looked like. I haven’t watched as much English football since the fans went, it’s just not the same watching a game you don’t care about without fans. No idea why really.

Anyone else have goosebumps watching Leicester fans and players celebrate with the fans?

It will be a while before we see that in Scotland. 

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Very naive.

It's more likely that they are astroturfing calls for the June 21 to be cancelled so it seems less like that they are enforcing restrictions than acquiescing to demands from advisors and the NHS.

image.png.175f8714ac6883d5b449fdaf3df6de90.png

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else have goosebumps watching Leicester fans and players celebrate with the fans?

It will be a while before we see that in Scotland. 

We won't have seen that in Scotland by this time next year.

Bookmark this and dig me up on it next May. But I'm confident in that prediction.

But senior government sources have admitted that they would not be able to say whether the final lifting of lockdown could go ahead on June 21 until “a week before”, leaving many people’s plans for the summer up in the air for another month.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/3a8b6ac0-b59e-11eb-a803-dd7acc9bc346?shareToken=b2b98a45c8176932437414268946c1be