Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see riots and huge protests happening in a few months time if they keep up with changing restrictions like with Glasgow and Moray. 

As much as I’d want to see it happen I’d be incredibly surprised to see it. I’d say almost zero chance of anything like that.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Asked if having fans at the final was now under significant risk, Professor Leitch said: "I think it is. We need to sit down with them and I wouldn't want to make that decision outwith talking to ministers and the SFA

Why is he getting to make that decision?

Leitch is a gimp, but it's good to see him put the "rent free lol" brigade back into their box by making it absolutely clear that anyone getting annoyed by his mewling pish is doing so legitimately.

Advisors should be nowhere near the decision making process.

Why did they announce fans could go last night to the final even with the 600 announced then decide today it’s behind closed doors again if they know they were putting Glasgow back in level 3?

3 people in icu, no sign of that rising in a concerning matter. Essentially 3 wards full of patients in the entire country in hospital. A vaccination program showing beyond all expectations results. 

Just keep that all in mind. 

Yet, continued restrictions. Im struggling to find any reason here. Where is the adult conversation? We’re not protecting the NHS when numbers are falling? Businesses, jobs etc all being lost, wtf is happening here?

4 minutes ago, s_dog said:

The no travel in and out of Glasgow does seem a bit bizarre. It's from Monday right? Which is great 'cos we've got a meal booked this weekend in sunny Ayrshire, but then can't leave Glasgow from Monday. 

It's not true that the rest of the city is almost completely unaffected though, you can see other areas in the south side are starting to increase. Nothing like Pollockshaws and the numbers are still pretty small. Most places had single figures for cases in a week, but Pollockshaws in the space of a week have jumped from 7-9 to 44-47.  This is the Glasgow map from last week to this week.

glasgow.jpg

You're still going to have to explain why any of this actually matters, given there is no evidence whatsoever of increased risk of serious illness and hospitalisation.

Sturgeon said pre election that she was under a legal obligation to review restrictions and lift them as soon as possible and not keep them any longer than absolutely necessary. Surely there’s a legal argument here that she’s failed in that regard. 

3 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

You're still going to have to explain why any of this actually matters, given there is no evidence whatsoever of increased risk of serious illness and hospitalisation.

Yep, more irrelevant information. I’m starting to wonder if he is Jason Leitch.

3 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Leitch was on the news an hour or so ago and was asked this.  We just don’t know.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, renton said:
Given they know where it is concentrated it feels like a more proportionate response might have been to move as much mobile testing into the areas as possible, get as much of the surely by now under used testing capacity working there and redirect vaccine doses to get everyone over 18 in those areas and surrounding areas dosed up as quickly as possible.

Either that or nuke Pollockshields.

I'd nuke you for putting a C in Pollokshields

26 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The figures that actually matter are fucking sensational. If anything higher case numbers which don’t translate to serious illness or death is actually a massive good news story, and certainly shouldn’t be holding back easing of restrictions. This utter nonsense above is infuriating.

They are sensational. The utter nonsense is expecting the Scottish Government not to be cautious now. Yes we've got vaccines, but they're clearly terrified that there will be an outbreak in the majority of under-50's who've still to be vaccinated and the numbers won't remain quite so sensational. FFS you don't need to agree with their cautious approach to see that?!

25 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Which figures do you expect to get worse next week?

I expect the numbers of cases will get worse, and that may lead to a small rise in hospital numbers.

That doesn't need to mean they will continue restrictions, hopefully the number of cases won't continue to increase as quickly in Pollockshaws as they've done this week, and along with minimal rise in hospital numbers, they'll realise it's not a major concern and we can continue to ease restrictions.

It's obviously what happens to the hospital figures in the next week or two that matter. 

It wouldn’t surprise me to see riots and huge protests happening in a few months time if they keep up with changing restrictions like with Glasgow and Moray. 

It would stun me. STV and BBC news this evening vox popped half a dozen or more folk each in Glasgow it was almost unanimous that it was the right decision. Surprisingly half were student aged. I think it's a nonsense and it really doesn't currently affect me but if it was here I'd be furious.

No chance. The scenario is comparable with Aberdeen last August. Which was 4 weeks IIRC.
Farcical.
It's a different situation to the Aberdeen outbreak. That was city wide and spread from hospitality to widespread community transmission. For now Glasgow is very localised and SHOULD be much easier to contain and control so it should be a week or 2 max especially if as strongly hinted it's been linked to indoor mixing during Ramadan.

It's a different situation to the Aberdeen outbreak. That was city wide and spread from hospitality to widespread community transmission. For now Glasgow is very localised and SHOULD be much easier to contain and control so it should be a week or 2 max especially if as strongly hinted it's been linked to indoor mixing during Ramadan.
Or the main difference being an effective vaccine and no one is being hospitalized never mind dying.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
No chance. The scenario is comparable with Aberdeen last August. Which was 4 weeks IIRC.
Farcical.

Whilst I hope you are right, I see no way that the rise in positive results is halted, reversed, and back below 50 per 100k in a week or two.

ETA plus what @Empty It said.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, s_dog said:

They are sensational. The utter nonsense is expecting the Scottish Government not to be cautious now. Yes we've got vaccines, but they're clearly terrified that there will be an outbreak in the majority of under-50's who've still to be vaccinated and the numbers won't remain quite so sensational. FFS you don't need to agree with their cautious approach to see that?!

I expect the numbers of cases will get worse, and that may lead to a small rise in hospital numbers.

That doesn't need to mean they will continue restrictions, hopefully the number of cases won't continue to increase as quickly in Pollockshaws as they've done this week, and along with minimal rise in hospital numbers, they'll realise it's not a major concern and we can continue to ease restrictions.

It's obviously what happens to the hospital figures in the next week or two that matter. 

How deluded are you?

They’ve totally shat the bed at the first hint of case numbers rising.  Anyone could predict this would happen and there would be outbreaks like this.  You don’t need to be a member of SAGE to know this.

it is not a reasonable response to further trash businesses unless there is evidence this is having an impact on the NHS.  Case numbers do not matter in the slightest at this point in time.

18 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Sturgeon said pre election that she was under a legal obligation to review restrictions and lift them as soon as possible and not keep them any longer than absolutely necessary. Surely there’s a legal argument here that she’s failed in that regard. 

No failed, just a lieing bas****

The gritting thing is that Scotland could almost certainly now remove all restrictions to little or no negative effect and would be one of the world's success stories in doing so - full stadiums, people being served in bars/restaurants, people getting to see their families, rejuvenated hospitality and entertainment industries. All plastered on news networks over the world.

There's going to be a lot of 'look what you could have won' moments while the rUK reaps the political capital.

Edited by AMMjag

25 minutes ago, Rugster said:

THERE’S NO FUCKING C IN POLLOKSHAWS. OR POLLOKSHIELDS. OR POLLOK. FFS. 

FFS, I've known how to spell it my entire life, and I knew it looked weird in my post but couldn't figure out why 😂