Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

There will be loads of hotel and restaurant bookings in the city getting cancelled as we speak. Beyond piss poor. Any news of when it's to be reviewed as we have stuff booked in a fortnight for the bank holiday weekend that will need to be ditched under these conditions. Going to cost the leisure sector millions if it carries on into that weekend. Interesting to see what UEFA have to say if they have reimposed travel restrictions.

Last night, we were about 🤏 off booking a travel lodge next weekend just for the change and battering up balmaha. Must be thousands of c***s have done something similar. 

Oh FFS, depressingly predictable. The hospital numbers right now are immaterial, it's how much (if any) they increase this week and next that will matter.

Can only hope they don't go up much and case numbers start to level off by the end of next week, they'll then turn round and say they can be cautiously optimistic that even with a bit higher case numbers we don't need to keep the restrictions.

Fucking hell, this has been since October. f**k. I'm not going to join in the slagging off the government just yet, but fucking get this to f**k. 

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Have I stumbled across the Daily Mail readers page in error ???

I'm not overjoyed myself, however there appears to be a serious outpouring of "outrage" over the past 3 or 4 pages...........

3v6mx6.jpg

13 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If only we'd all read the manifestos more clearly to know what the other parties would've done in this situation. Labour and the Tories must be going mental about this in Holyrood. Has Sarwar condemned?

Some fucking laugh making this an electoral issue. 

When you vote for a self-proclaimed "Chief Nanny" who then, almost immediately, makes the nanniest of nanny decisions, then it is an electoral issue, im afraid.

13 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

image.png.0e2b2ff9ef8cdc91a0f9303969a0857c.png

Simply no other choice. 

Trolling us into oblivion. 😂

When are we going to stop this sick obsession? If not now, when? Once 90% of adults are fully vaxxed and it's then even being rolled down to younger groups? Hospitals are empty and the virus has already been completely and utterly fucking de-risked to the level of any other virus we are comfortable living alongside.

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I was more meaning on the train, especially if I have to take a trip to Rugby Park next Monday night..

They say you can travel as part of a "support bubble" seems like a reasonable justification. 

Given they know where it is concentrated it feels like a more proportionate response might have been to move as much mobile testing into the areas as possible, get as much of the surely by now under used testing capacity working there and redirect vaccine doses to get everyone over 18 in those areas and surrounding areas dosed up as quickly as possible.

JCVI saying acceleration of does to the over 50s and clinically vulnerable to 8 week gaps.  

Bojo the Clown laying groundwork to delay 21st June date as well, but is saying that there is nothing to suggest that this variant is causing increased hospitalisations or deaths.  

He's a buffoon in general, but it's a bit more of a moderate response.  Emphasising the need for personal responsibility over government restrictions.  

Edited by super_carson

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Have I stumbled across the Daily Mail readers page in error ???

I'm not overjoyed myself, however there appears to be a serious outpouring of "outrage" over the past 3 or 4 pages...........

Shut up

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Fucking love the SNP. No doubt all their intelligent supporters will cheer this decision on as usual. I’m no longer staggered by their brilliance, competence and downright superiorityA9EF0422-AD83-49C7-AE1C-A6A5E1E8B4A3.png.0dd7974977461fc34215b1e3378d32d0.png

Couldn't agree more mate.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

When you vote for a self-proclaimed "Chief Nanny" who then, almost immediately, makes the nanniest of nanny decisions, then it is an electoral issue, im afraid.

Right so we should have instead voted for which party, which would have left us where exactly? 

This isn't even a defence of the Scot government because this is clearly a batshit decision and I disagree with it as vehemently as anyone else and have already mocked it but it looks like none of the other parties are even disagreeing so you can't blame people as if they fucking knowingly voted Glasgow into level 3. That's just as mental as Sturgeon punting them there.