Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I've just checked the daily data - there's a total of 26 people in hospital with COVID in the entirety of the NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde region. That's actually lower than it was at the start of the week too (it was 30 on Monday).

Combined with there only being 3 people in ICU in the whole of Scotland and two-thirds of the adult population being vaccinated already, I'm baffled that anyone at Sco Govt thinks this is a reasonable decision. Genuinely raging with this combined with the continued shit-stirring from the likes of Leitch and Sridhar.

Edited by Gareth_Glasgow

Just now, Have some faith in Magic said:

You can go to muirend or rutherglen and still get a pint before the cup final. 

Which shows the stupidity of this- areas of Glasgow are further away from the 'hotspot' than some neighbouring local authorities!

Hopefully everyone just breaks the rules they are able to en masse like travel and indoor mixing. Disastrous stuff for the huge number of businesses who’ve brought in stock, brought back staff etc ready to open and have had the rug pulled from under them again.

Shite news for Glasgow can't blame folk now for flaunting the rules but hope sizable chunks of folk get lateral flow tests at home and floor the test positivity 

Going to be quite a challenge to travel from East Dunbartonshire to Ayrshire, which is entirely allowed, without travelling through Glasgow.
Head out through Kirky to M80 and then south on M73 before cutting West for Strathaven mate.

Disgraceful. Case numbers are less relevant than ever yet they're still being used as the main factor in bringing in restrictions.

We know the vaccine will deal with this. We knew that cases would inevitably rise as restrictions were eased. The government have well and truly shat it here for absolutely no reason and, yet again, Joe Public will be the one to suffer.

4 (four!) people in ICU and just over 60 in hospital. Barely anyone is dying from this thanks to those vaccines which get zero credit. The slogan last year was "protect the NHS, save lives" but we're so far removed from that now it's laughable.

All things considered, I'll still be travelling into Glasgow to play fives on Monday. And I'll be battering into folk.

This nonsense on its own throws doubt on every decision these charlatans have made since the start of the pandemic. 

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

An outbreak of Covid cases in the south of Glasgow is "relatively contained", according to national clinical director Prof Jason Leitch.

He said he hoped the city would move down to level two restrictions as planned on Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-57100228

He never fails!

Takes some effort to constantly be so spectacularly wrong.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Disgraceful. Case numbers are less relevant than ever yet they're still being used as the main factor in bringing in restrictions.

We know the vaccine will deal with this. We knew that cases would inevitably rise as restrictions were eased. The government have well and truly shat it here for absolutely no reason and, yet again, Joe Public will be the one to suffer.

4 (four!) people in ICU and just over 60 in hospital. Barely anyone is dying from this thanks to those vaccines which get zero credit. The slogan last year was "protect the NHS, save lives" but we're so far removed from that now it's laughable.

3 (THREE).

3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
Going to be quite a challenge to travel from East Dunbartonshire to Ayrshire, which is entirely allowed, without travelling through Glasgow.

Head out through Kirky to M80 and then south on M73 before cutting West for Strathaven mate.

I was more meaning on the train, especially if I have to take a trip to Rugby Park next Monday night..

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

ScotRail have all the late night trains back on from Monday.  Does every train in the west of Scotland pass through Glasgow, I can't think of many that don't 

Not sure what the fuss is. Simply teleport between central station and Queen Street and you won't have to walk among them.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Not sure what the fuss is. Simply teleport between central station and Queen Street and you won't have to walk among them.

You could get that mystical bus that connects them which I've literally never seen.