Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

SG are pathetic. That just shows they don't give a f**k about fans in this country. 

600 fans in a 50,000 stadium 😑What is the fcking point. Yet 3 weeks later there will be 20 times that number. Absolutely bizarre way the SG are handling football, but not surprising 

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I take it the joke's been done about St Johnstone struggling to sell that many tickets?

I just got my second AZ vaccination this afternoon.  I'll admit to being slightly nervous about it, not about blood clots or any such nonsense, but last time, although I was absolutely fine, loads of colleagues were really pretty unwell.  I don't fancy a sleepless night of aches and shivers.  We'll see.

That was what I was like after my first dose of AZ, thought I'd avoided it as I was fine all day Saturday after it but woke up during the night with a fever and couldn't move until about midday on the Sunday but then was absolutely fine afterwards 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

^^^Didn't-get-offered-a-job-in-PR and corporate comms-type post...

Don’t worry, it all worked out in the end 😎

This cup final thing is a total disgrace. Absolutely no justification. Someone needs to make the Scottish Government justify that decision and explain why more fans would be dangerous.

If you go for pre match pint you can sit indoors, unmasked one metre from whoever you’re with. Then it’s 2m outside at the game. Totally mental.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Most of us are just weary of the whole thing and it only seems to be our so called experts and the government supporting media who are throwing around hyperbolic bullshit and flapping about variants. No one I know and no one on here is showing any sign of wetting their knickers at the prospect of another virus wave death variant , even if it did happen we would take it in our reluctant stride having been vaccinated.

Problem is now we seem to be moving away from the science and are now subject to more social behaviour experts trying to influence how they want us to behave through mainstream media and telling us we are panicking when who the f**k is actually panicking?

We should continue to educate ourselves about the COVID-19 and its variants and our governments should be taking the lead on this, but then that would empower us with knowledge making us less malleable to being told what to do by those leaders and experts. It's times like that when I think about it how much I miss an educated argument and heated debate over a few beers in the pub.

This Dingwall fellow seems no nonsense and not subject to following the party line. Maybe worth checking out what else he has to say.

Andrew Pollard, the head of the Oxford Vaccine Group is also on record as stating the obsession over 'variants' has to stop, and it does. I can only hope that as the vaxx rollout finishes here and is extended around the world, that once hospitalisations and deaths remain at pre-pandemic levels, we will move on from this insanity.

I wonder how many stewards will be at Hampden to hold back the 600 crowd. I reckon about 200. What an utter farce. Dont know why they couldnt have moved it to a smaller ground and then at least have some atmosphere rather than 600 drowning in the Hampden atmosphere vacuum 

As I posted the other day, perhaps the clowns are finally learning that positive messaging and not dystopian coercion is the way to do things. Indeed, that's what I thought was the bedrock of 'public health' before the pandemic.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Regardless of size????

So if you are American and cook everything in bacon fat you don't need to wear a mask or social distance?

Americans are so large their faces are socially distant when their bodies are touching anyway.

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This is from the CDC in the USA

IMG_1317.jpg

Allowing people to assess relative risk to themselves and make their own decisions will never catch on.

Everything shouod be open, with guidance on activities for those yet to be vaccinated:

Red = Avoid

Yellow = Limit

Green = Batter in

Is exactly the model that countries with vaccination coverage like the UK should be following.

Edited by Todd_is_God

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Yanks are currently firing vaccines into teenagers at the local supermarket, while we spend about 100 years sending blue envelopes out and trundling through forty year olds. 

Yup. As good as the rollout in the UK has been, it 'seems' like we're stagnating/pissing about now. Not sure if that's misplaced or not. In the US and in Europe they're more than catching up.

Edited by Elixir

Got my 2nd booked for next Tuesday. Quite happy to get it but doubt if it will mean anything regarding getting things back to any semblance of normality. Indian variation this week, any number of variations the following weeks. Just seems so pointless getting these vaccinations if they are not going to make a blind bit of difference to the constant threats of more lockdowns.