Coronavirus (COVID-19)

According to the figures on Travelling Tabby today the newly recorded death actually occurred in mid February. There’s only one registered death by the daily measure that has actually occurred so far this month according to that.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

the what?

I missed this one 😄

What is this c**t telling us to do now?

He might not be involved tbf, he's just become a byeword for sanctimonious, meddling, busybody instruction on how to live our lives. The other day the BBC were running with advice from some freak on how to hug people once it resumes though. 

If someone turned up at my door and asked to stick a swab up my nose I'd be telling them to ram it somewhere else. Massively invasive and coercive.
Everyone obviously has the right to refuse but I suspect you would get a better response than lettering. Also living in an area with 25 per 100k most folk would refuse but in localised clusters people might see the benefits in trying to break transmission links. What's the alternative going to be as I can't see restrictions being as localised as individual post code areas, simply couldn't impose travel restrictions and the like on that small a geographic area.

Some of this stuff about case rates is absolute nonsense now. Moray is still right up there but had 2 (two) new cases yesterday.
The apocalyptic sounding case rates in some parts of Glasgow are actually 35 cases over 7 days (Pollokshields East)
It's clear Moray has or is about to peak but 102 new cases in Glasgow in last 24hrs according to travelling tabby overall not a massive concern until you see they are massively concentrated to one area so makes sense to try to contain that and not let it take hold again more widely. It's going to be all about managing localised clusters going forward.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
38 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
If someone turned up at my door and asked to stick a swab up my nose I'd be telling them to ram it somewhere else. Massively invasive and coercive.

Everyone obviously has the right to refuse but I suspect you would get a better response than lettering. Also living in an area with 25 per 100k most folk would refuse but in localised clusters people might see the benefits in trying to break transmission links. What's the alternative going to be as I can't see restrictions being as localised as individual post code areas, simply couldn't impose travel restrictions and the like on that small a geographic area.

Why not just post LFTs to every house and try to encourage folk to use them? We've got so many of them everyone in the country can ask for 2 a week. Why not use them?

Edited by Bairnardo

34 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No fans are allowed to attend in a level 3 area, I believe.

Edit - for the cup final - not sure on Euros think the Euros seem to be immune to the virus for some reason.

Let schoolkids only in to watch the cup final.  problem solved.

You might get about 5 more people, so might agree there.
Are you going to suggest this to those health boards that cover those areas as a good idea?
You might be surprised. The asymptomatic mobile testing site rolls into town here once every week or so and I've seen a queue outside at some stage most days. You just need to look at the daily testing numbers, no way they are all showing symptoms so there must be literally thousands of folk without symptoms submitting for tests every day. Just because you or I haven't / won't doesn't mean it's not happening.

41 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

According to the figures on Travelling Tabby today the newly recorded death actually occurred in mid February. There’s only one registered death by the daily measure that has actually occurred so far this month according to that.

So nobody in Scotland has died of this to date in the month of may. 

This should be absolutely paraded as a good news story, but no we better concentrate on a few cases here and there and talk about more restrictions. 

59 minutes ago, cbhaf said:

Some of this stuff about case rates is absolute nonsense now. Moray is still right up there but had 2 (two) new cases yesterday.

The apocalyptic sounding case rates in some parts of Glasgow are actually 35 cases over 7 days (Pollokshields East)

Cases are only one way to look at it and the hospital rates are good. That said  34 cases in Shields West and 35 in Shields East is a lot in a small area you can walk one side to the other in 15 mins. Plus another 37 in Govanhill East and West. That said Shawlands has hardly any cases so it would be good to stamp out the localised issue rather than risk it spreading more. 

50 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

A very good point. When you consider that a chunk of the 60-odd in hospital are probably in for something else and just happen to have covid too, it's utterly laughable that we're not out of restrictions yet. There's about 300 people who have confirmed Covid in a city of 600,000 (Glasgow). The only thing that is under pressure now are the businesses which are remaining closed or operating with extremely limiting restrictions in place. Data not dates has proven to be a complete crock of shite.

Guidance for pubs reopening just seen in a licensing memo. 1m distancing, no standing, background music ok inc Jukebox, NO quiz nights or Karaoke. TV sports "allowed but not to be promoted " whatever that means. Sound on TV ok too. Guidance being clarified before Monday on gaming machines but looks like they will need to be turned off however as arcades can reopen I suspectthis will be allowed come Monday. This was seen as National guidelines but I have only seen this in a local context.

Pollokshields East will be flying up today, didn’t see much social distancing at that protest [emoji849] no masks either, I know some will be vaccinated but we JUST DONT KNOW. Third wave incoming, just wait two weeks.

Putting aside the fundamental difference between the Palestine Protest last week and what is planned by the Union Bears for this weekend surely in terms of a potential risk to public health they are exactly the same? The stay away message from Leitch, Yousaf etc would have had a bit more credibility if it had been issued for both events.

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Pollokshields East will be flying up today, didn’t see much social distancing at that protest emoji849.png no masks either, I know some will be vaccinated but we JUST DONT KNOW. Third wave incoming, just wait two weeks.

Seems distanced to me. also has a mask 😄 and a Doctor Who scarf

Man under immigration van

Edited by superbigal

Guidance for pubs reopening just seen in a licensing memo. 1m distancing, no standing, background music ok inc Jukebox, NO quiz nights or Karaoke. TV sports "allowed but not to be promoted " whatever that means. Sound on TV ok too. Guidance being clarified before Monday on gaming machines but looks like they will need to be turned off however as arcades can reopen I suspectthis will be allowed come Monday. This was seen as National guidelines but I have only seen this in a local context.

I’m booked up for the three sisters to go through and watch the Scotland England match. It’s my pals 30th. Had to call and book tables but no advertisement of the event on their social media or website.

I presume they’re not allowed to openly advertise events but can tell you if you call and ask, or some other loophole.

Scottish Government limiting the Scottish Cup Final to 600 in attendance. SFA asked for 2,000 and the Government reduced it. I'd laugh but at this rate I can see them cacking their pants and reducing the Euros capacity. 

Fascinated to see how The Simps spin this one!

Edited by Marshmallo