Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Glasgow getting held back would surely be too contentious this time round. There would be an uproar and compliance would be next to zero.

Thing is, not only can they pointlessly hold the pubs and other hospitality to the higher level to force that small % of visible compliance, they are also about to be handed another of their favourite excuses.... The fitbaw fans are at fault. All the while, people will be recklessly hugging eachother without using the Leitch approved technique and putting lives at risk

Its mana for those in charge. Blame the fitbaw and keep a lid on the drink. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Seems that this is continuing to he rolled out, which is good. 

The supply position must be improving. 

WE JUST DONT KN.........

Whats that? We're sending the vaccines to areas of high infection to cigar it out of existence? Oh.....

So as I was saying, we are sending the vaccines to areas of high virus prevalence.

Every household in two particular Glasgow Southside postcode areas to be sent a letter inviting them to a test appointment symptoms or not

Why not get a team together and just go chap the doors and test them on the spot. Much more likely to get compliance.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Every household in two particular Glasgow Southside postcode areas to be sent a letter inviting them to a test appointment symptoms or not

Why not get a team together and just go chap the doors and test them on the spot. Much more likely to get compliance.

If someone turned up at my door and asked to stick a swab up my nose I'd be telling them to ram it somewhere else. Massively invasive and coercive.

The Glasgow figures are worrying - huge increase.

I have already had to change plans for a golf tournament at Lossie in a couple of weeks time - apparently cant move from a level 2 area to a level 3 area - what if Glasgow is still in level three for the Euros....would only Glasgow based fans be allowed to attend?

Talking of western Isles.  How can their health boardl have enough Vaccine to have already given every adult a first jab and 50% a second.

I thought they were "shared out" .

Edited by superbigal

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, Michael W said:

Probably a few reasons India wasn't red listed sooner. 

The third reason is of course political sensitivity since Johnson was supposed to visit. To what extent this drove the reluctance we'll never know. 

India wasn't red listed earlier because Brexit Britain is begging them for a trade deal. 

That's it in a nutshell. 

Some of this stuff about case rates is absolute nonsense now. Moray is still right up there but had 2 (two) new cases yesterday.

The apocalyptic sounding case rates in some parts of Glasgow are actually 35 cases over 7 days (Pollokshields East)

Edited by cbhaf

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That move in Blackburn has not been approved by Public Health England or the central authorities.  The local health authorities have just done it themselves.

Must at least have enough vaccine on hand to make it viable. 

Some of this stuff about case rates is absolute nonsense now. Moray is still right up there but had 2 (two) new cases yesterday.
The apocalyptic sounding case rates in some parts of Glasgow are actually 35 cases over 7 days.
Aye but putting it like that doesn't let the media to put out scary stories about VaRiAnTz or allow Jason Leitch to jump on his high horse about "obeying the rules".

The apocalyptic sounding case rates in some parts of Glasgow are actually 35 cases over 7 days (Pollokshields East)

Whilst you are in fact correct
f**k morey, bunch of tory voting currants
f**k them , f**k them hard then f**k them again

Aye tbf 7 day average shouldn’t mean so much if they’re all self isoating

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
7 minutes ago, cbhaf said:
The apocalyptic sounding case rates in some parts of Glasgow are actually 35 cases over 7 days.

Aye but putting it like that doesn't let the media to put out scary stories about VaRiAnTz or allow Jason Leitch to jump on his high horse about "obeying the rules".

Sky news now going with "BORIS RULING NOTHING OUT TO STOP SPREAD!!!!"

I wont be taking a backward step.

See all this nonsense about rising case numbers and the like.

Does anyone know how many people had flu this time in 2019?

It's absolute nonsesne to use these figures as the basis for any restrictions, use number of deaths or people in ICU by all means as they are relevant.

Maybe I am being selfish but all I want to do is go for a pint without having to book a week in advance for a two hour slot and go to Tynecastle where hopefully Douglas Ross is a Linesman and give him dog's abuse.

Not too much to ask surely?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Sky news now going with "BORIS RULING NOTHING OUT TO STOP SPREAD!!!!"

I wont be taking a backward step.

They shared that then further down the article it confirmed Boris said they still plan to crack on with June 21st. The media really should be held to account for spreading fear like that. 

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

They shared that then further down the article it confirmed Boris said they still plan to crack on with June 21st. The media really should be held to account for spreading fear like that. 

Its nonsense on many levels. The idea that it would ever be possible to get a politician on record in a public health crisis to "rule anything out" is nonsense. 

How the f**k is a politician ever going to get trapped saying, yes I categorically wont do x and y even in reposnse to z. Morons.

19 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

The Glasgow figures are worrying - huge increase.

I have already had to change plans for a golf tournament at Lossie in a couple of weeks time - apparently cant move from a level 2 area to a level 3 area - what if Glasgow is still in level three for the Euros....would only Glasgow based fans be allowed to attend?

No fans are allowed to attend in a level 3 area, I believe.

Edit - for the cup final - not sure on Euros think the Euros seem to be immune to the virus for some reason.

Edited by Rugster