Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Has anything been decided about the fan zone in Glasgow for the Euros? 

Glasgow Green. Being organised by Glasgow Life (council subsidiary) plans were submitted about 2 weeks ago.

Suprised it wasnt George Sq but understandable. 

Daily Cases Update:  Very late update due to issues with the Gov Stats. Another poor day cases up over 4%

The delay in the numbers probably allowed Nicola to dodge having to talk about Glasgow today.  In a nutshell Glasgow is up 92.40% in the last 6 days.  If you take Glasgow out then the rest of Scotland combined would have shown a drop of 3.48%, however instead we have a 6 day rise of 9.93%

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 2nd May to 8th May  were 1242 now 1295 up 4.27%.  Positivity was 1.1% now 1.1%.   Cases per 100k were 22.7 now 23.7

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  21.1 to 21.3 up 0.95%, England 21.4 to 21.5  up 0.47%,  Wales  8.8 to 9.0 up 2.27%, Northern Ireland 33.4 to 31.6  down 5.39%

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 340 to 331, Netherlands 290 to 301, Croatia 287 to 229, Turkey 246 to 188, France 210 to 186, Belgium 182 all destinations over 150 cases per 100K     

Sun worshiper areas currently are Portugal 23, Malta 26, Bulgaria 73, Spain 92, Italy 111, Greece 145, Cyprus 319    

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Moray  93.9 to 99.1  

Glasgow City  48.3 to 52.0   3 neighbourhoods well over 400 per 100K

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

Clackmannanshire   42.7 to 44.6  Whore's nickers this crazy council. Currently on the upwards again

North Lanarkshire   33.4 to 31.9

East Ayrshire   31.1 to 31.1

East Renfrewshire   29.3 to 30.4

Midlothian  26.0 to 30.3  Were Zero cases a week ago. Pentland over 500 per 100K

Falkirk   29.2 to 26.1

North Ayrshire    24.5 to 26.0

Fife  23.3 to 23.6

South Lanarkshire   22.2 to 23.1 

West Lothian  25.1 to 22.9

East Dunbartonshire   21.2 to 22.1   

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

Aberdeen City   19.2 to 19.2 

City Of Edinburgh   17.1 to 18.7

Dundee City    14.1 to 18.1

South Ayrshire   13.3 to 16.0

Angus  12.0 to 14.6

Renfrewshire  14.0 to 14.5

Perth & Kinross  8.6 to 14.5

Stirling  11.7 to 12.7

West Dunbartonshire   14.6 to 12.4

Aberdeenshire  8.4 to 9.6

Highlands  7.6 to 6.4

Dumfries & Galloway  6.7 to 6.0 

East Lothian   6.5 to 5.6 

Scottish  Borders   4.3 to 4.3

Inverclyde   2.6 to 2.6  

Argyll & Bute  1.2 to 1.2     

Orkney Island  4.5 to 0.0 

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Agree 100%.

Though Sturgeon should show the courage of her convictions. Just because BJ is easing restrictions doesn't mean she has to. I find it very weak 'leadership''

Are you arguing against easing here or just the idea that Sturgeon should be led by what Boris says?

Worth remembering that the scientific advice they're following is from roughly the same group of people, hence why the approaches are similar.

15 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Are you arguing against easing here or just the idea that Sturgeon should be led by what Boris says?

Worth remembering that the scientific advice they're following is from roughly the same group of people, hence why the approaches are similar.

I'm saying Sturgeon should do what she thinks is best. She's now simply falling in line with whatever BJ does, even though I suspect she doesn't actually want to.

As an example, I don't for a second think she's comfortable allowing foreign travel in a couple of weeks.

I'm saying Sturgeon should do what she thinks is best. She's now simply falling in line with whatever BJ does, even though I suspect she doesn't actually want to.
As an example, I don't for a second think she's comfortable allowing foreign travel in a couple of weeks.

Assuming that because Boris thinks an idea is good it must be shit is eminently sensible

But it’s best to treat it as a guideline rather than a rule

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont think holidays to israel are the best bet eh?

Like most other Scotland fans, I'm already fed up of seeing Israel and I've never even been there.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

There is absolutely no reason not to be "comfortable" allowing foreign travel to the nations. They have been chosen specifically based on their low prevalence of the virus, good vaccinations programmes and trustworthiness not to be fudging the figures. Heck, a number of the countries selected are zero covid places that won't even be letting Scots in.

Some may be concerned about "reintroducing new variants", but remember that new variants don't matter at all. The Kent variant mattered because of its transmission advantage, but that was in an unvaccinated population. Despite what utter scum like Devi Sridhar might say on twitter or on GMTV, the idea of "vaccine escape variants" simply doesn't exist. Our vaccines are made to target the COVID-19 spike protein which is independent of the variant. This risk simply does not exist in a well vaccinated populace.

10 minutes ago, Donathan said:

There is absolutely no reason not to be "comfortable" allowing foreign travel to the nations. They have been chosen specifically based on their low prevalence of the virus, good vaccinations programmes and trustworthiness not to be fudging the figures. Heck, a number of the countries selected are zero covid places that won't even be letting Scots in.

Some may be concerned about "reintroducing new variants", but remember that new variants don't matter at all. The Kent variant mattered because of its transmission advantage, but that was in an unvaccinated population. Despite what utter scum like Devi Sridhar might say on twitter or on GMTV, the idea of "vaccine escape variants" simply doesn't exist. Our vaccines are made to target the COVID-19 spike protein which is independent of the variant. This risk simply does not exist in a well vaccinated populace.

I'm not convinced it had one tbh. It just so happened to be the most common strain at the time where respiratory viruses tend to spread more rapidly.

53 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else think we may see some sort of protests happening in six months time if we still have small limited gatherings at sporting events? 

Hamilton and Livi fans can protest all they want.  They’ll still have small limited gatherings at their sporting events.