Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:
3 hours ago, The Master said:
Presumably it's pot luck whether they can open. 

Give us a break with the puns.

Och, it's only a game

Spoiler

so put up a real good fight.

48 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

“The SFA have submitted a request to the Scottish Government to allow between 1,500 and 3,000 fans into the Scottish Cup final”

That's pathetic.

What's more pathetic is they wait until 11 days before the event to decide that fans are allowed! A mad scramble to get about 500 stewards to make sure folk are following a one way system and not standing too close to one another in the queue for a pie and a piss. 

1500-3000 fans at Hampden is a disgrace. There should be 12,000 at least 

"Large Swathes"
Hampden has an abundance of turnstyles, stairwells, and a walkway that runs from one end of the South Stand all round the ground to the other end.
I can't imagine UEFA are working on the concourses. It'll be work in the hospitality suites and getting broadcast booths ready. They will be doing next to nothing outwith the main stand.
1,500 - 3,000 is a disgrace. People will blame the SFA but, given it's 11 days away and the SG need to agree to it, the SFA will only ask for what they feel they will get approved.
If 5% capacity is the most they think they can get approved, then I understand why the SFA were reluctant to move the final. It's simply not worth renting the likes of Pittodrie, paying for enhanced stewarding etc, then crossing your fingers you are allowed to sell at most 1,000 tickets.
Both BBC and STV news are reporting that the SFA have been given a max attendance by UEFA who by then will control the stadium. Strange as it may seem UEFA look to have set the 2k limit and the SFA application is based on their recomendation.

You can climb off your anti SG high horse again for an hour or two (I too will refrain from my criticism of the SFA given these reports).

What's more pathetic is they wait until 11 days before the event to decide that fans are allowed! A mad scramble to get about 500 stewards to make sure folk are following a one way system and not standing too close to one another in the queue for a pie and a piss. 
See my response to TiG. Looks to be a UEFA decision going by news reports.

Both BBC and STV news are reporting that the SFA have been given a max attendance by UEFA who by then will control the stadium. Strange as it may seem UEFA look to have set the 2k limit and the SFA application is based on their recomendation.

You can climb off your anti SG high horse again for an hour or two (I too will refrain from my criticism of the SFA given these reports).
ETA BBC say 3000 is the submission. Probably safe to say neither channel knows exactly how many the request is for !

Dundee have this evening said they will only be looking to admit 500 if they make the play off final. Clubs really need to push these boundaries. We need to test these processes.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

See my response to TiG. Looks to be a UEFA decision going by news reports.

Yeah according to the report they're waiting on the SG giving it the go ahead. Wonder when theyll decide. Very soon I'd hope for logistic reasons 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Is there not? I believe the economic pressure is hitting home every single day, particularly for a government that will need to win the economic argument to win a future independence referendum.

Not disagreeing with you, but opinion polls are still firmly in favour of the SG's cautious approach. 

The only reason we're even lifting restrictions at the (slow) pace that we are, is because England are doing it. I've no doubt at all that if the SG wasn't under that external pressure we would be under full lockdown for months yet. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Not disagreeing with you, but opinion polls are still firmly in favour of the SG's cautious approach. 

The only reason we're even lifting restrictions at the (slow) pace that we are, is because England are doing it. I've no doubt at all that if the SG wasn't under that external pressure we would be under full lockdown for months yet. 

Agree 100%.

Though Sturgeon should show the courage of her convictions. Just because BJ is easing restrictions doesn't mean she has to. I find it very weak 'leadership''

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 minutes ago, Elixir said:
So it begins. PowttJS.gif&key=86b1df2ddb116b2c7bcfc4f72b4c17413dea86721a87dd9716a14eac32705031

Sky are reporting that Spain today decided to EXTEND the ban on UK nationals until at least the next review at 31 May so you might want to check the validity of that information

Reuters are reporting it

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 minutes ago, Elixir said:
So it begins. PowttJS.gif&key=86b1df2ddb116b2c7bcfc4f72b4c17413dea86721a87dd9716a14eac32705031

Sky are reporting that Spain today decided to EXTEND the ban on UK nationals until at least the next review at 31 May so you might want to check the validity of that information

Sky are a joke outlet who report utter junk like this:

DOKjZr.gif

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

“The SFA have submitted a request to the Scottish Government to allow between 1,500 and 3,000 fans into the Scottish Cup final”

That's pathetic.

I'd be interested to know if that's

A, the limit of their ambition

B, the practical limit due to the building work UEFA have ongoing

C, the mood music that Glasgow City council were sounding when they ran the proposal past them

Reuters are reporting it
tourism minister Reyes Maroto told reporters: "They (Brits) could come from 20 May onwards without a PCR if the incidence rates are below the range currently under review, which is around 50 cases per 100,000 people.

It's just speculation for now. Ex Pat's living in Spain saying on TripAdvisor that the Spanish govt today DIDN'T add the UK to their "green" list. Seems to be two exact opposite stories going about. Really hope it's true but not getting my Hope's up just yet.

Yes, Spain and their crippled tourism industry which makes up a whopping chunk of their economy are going to ban people from the second most vaxxed country in the world.

Yes, Spain and their crippled tourism industry which makes up a whopping chunk of their economy are going to ban people from the second most vaxxed country in the world.
I can see no confirmation that the ban ends on 20 May, I really hope your right but until it's official I'm not getting my Hope's up. BTW Spain tourism 12.4 % of GDP about just over 1% more than the UK, they are little more reliant on it than we are.