Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Eh, really, small island, small minded.  all about you.  I believe this thread started when a virus started in China (nothing to do with the UK/SCO), let's hope the rest of the world can get/buy/steal/pray for some vaccines and catch up.

It was a joke m8. And I won't be having a guy who regularly batters dogs call me small minded, so you can f**k off. 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Should be around 6k between both clubs. 

I can see it being slightly less due to some building work that is needed before the Euros but its good news.

Ive been at all our Hampden game this season but it will be superb to have some fans there, the celebrations after the league cup win were odd.  Chatting to the players pitch side who had no idea what to do next bar phone family and walk about an empty stadium.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Should be around 6k between both clubs. 

Start a sweep on how many of their 3000 the Perth Saintees will send back IMO

2900?

1 minute ago, realmadrid said:

I can see it being slightly less due to some building work that is needed before the Euros but its good news.

Ive been at all our Hampden game this season but it will be superb to have some fans there, the celebrations after the league cup win were odd.  Chatting to the players pitch side who had no idea what to do next bar phone family and walk about an empty stadium.

Will be interesting to see how both clubs will decide who gets the lucky tickets. 

It's depressing as f**k that we confirmed restrictions in August for football. 
People celebrating because the government has given us permission to hug or have strictly limited visitors is another bad sign.

Nobody has confirmed anything at all for August for football or anything else.

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Will be interesting to see how both clubs will decide who gets the lucky tickets. 

Depending on numbers for us it should be easy, 1 per season ticket holder and then some for players families and sponsors and those on the ticket data base.

For Hibs its going to be way more complex.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Nobody has confirmed anything at all for August for football or anything else.

The national clinical director has given multiple interviews outlying potential restrictions. At no point has he suggested no restrictions are possible. 

Only fair that any Hibees who took part in the events of the 21st of May 2016 get first dibs as a reward for their contribution to the historical era known as 'the banter years'.
Agreed. Any Hibs fans pictured on the park that day should be guaranteed a ticket. The Hibee with 4 arms should be given 2.

Agreed. Any Hibs fans pictured on the park that day should be guaranteed a ticket. The Hibee with 4 arms should be given 2.
The 3 or 4 lads booting the fat baldy orc about the turf should just get given the tickets to distribute on a potential banter basis. Only a few thousand fans leaves no room for passengers.

The national clinical director has given multiple interviews outlying potential restrictions. At no point has he suggested no restrictions are possible. 

He has given multiple interviews and suggested something different each time. He doesn't make the decisions on restrictions.

If SD is scrapped crowd limits will go with it. It's the need to socially distance that is driving it. I expect SD to go here at the level zero move end of June going by the SG review announcement today, pretty much in line with England.

6 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I can see why you think that but I think it's unrealistic that there will be wholesale differences between us an England.  we have only even been slightly out of sync with each other the whole time and rules have been broadly the same

I keep hearing this, but repetition doesn’t make it any more accurate. Certainly as far as the hospitality, live music, events and performing arts sectors go, Scotland has enjoyed / suffered considerably more onerous restrictions than England, and continues to do so. 

I was in a Zoom meeting this morning with 275 live music venues throughout the U.K., and while our English counterparts are looking forward to 1m+ social distancing for live performance from 17th May and the complete binning of social distancing on 21st June, with venues operating at 100% capacity thereafter, the Scottish contingent were much more downbeat with no such timetable for the lifting of restrictions being outlined to date by the Scottish government. Indeed Sturgeon has today doubled down on the anomalous situation that while 1m+ SD is good enough for retail, hospitality etc. the considerably more onerous 2m condition must be imposed for live music, theatre, comedy, cabaret and indeed any live performance, at least until the SG review into social distancing has concluded and reported back with its findings.

The upshot of all this is that the vast majority of Scottish music venues, theatres etc. will remain closed on 17th May, while their English counterparts reopen under the Revive Live banner, with 5 weeks of lighter touch restrictions (compared to Scotland) leading into (largely) restriction-free trading from 21st June. A recent survey of Scottish venues suggested that 16% capacity was a typical ceiling given 2m social distancing, so 2000 capacity venues could accommodate approx 320 and 200 capacity venues approx 32. Clearly no live music or performing arts events will be viable given these draconian conditions, so Scottish venues are largely electing to stay closed just as English venues open up.

I run a bar / restaurant / live music venue (as well as a nightclub) and the current restrictions in Scotland effectively discriminate against live music, as we can operate with a significantly larger capacity (with 1m+ SD) as a bar and restaurant only, but have to slash our capacity (from that already low level) if we programme live music. This is a nonsensical distinction and one that (presumably) can’t be maintained for very long, as legal challenges will most assuredly follow.

Notwithstanding the 2m / 1m+ inconsistency, and the imminent ditching of SD in England, Scottish hospitality outlets are subject to curfews (10.30pm in Tier 2, 11.00pm in Tier 1) that are not imposed on our English counterparts, who can enjoy normal licensing hours from 17th May. Groups of 6 from 3 will be allowed in Scottish hospitality outlets from 17th May with 6 from 6 permitted in England. Scottish nightclubs aren’t even allowed to open in Tier 0 (unless they repurpose as a ‘socially distanced music bar’), so spare me the suggestion that Tier 0 merely involves a few minor ongoing restrictions. 

I’d love to join in the general optimism about SD being completely binned in Scotland after the current review, but given the Scottish government’s stubbornness on this issue, and it’s desire to position itself as much more ‘safety first’ than England, I’ll believe it when I see it. Pressure is being exerted on SG from all sides of the arts, events and hospitality sectors at the moment, so I expect to see some movement soon, but any concessions won will be gained through constant pressure brought to bear on an administration whose natural inclination is to move very slowly indeed when it comes to relaxing restrictions.

Edited by Frankie S

Going to be very frustrating if we’ve got no distancing and full crowds allowed less than a month after our Euros games have been ruined with a rubbish 25% capacity rule with huge distancing between people even from the same household. 

Also they mentioned on the radio report that Moray has seen increased hospitalisations from their outbreak. Anyone have any figures on this? Is it a tiny increase being blown out of proportion, and is it in non-vaccinated population/age group?

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If SD is scrapped crowd limits will go with it. It's the need to socially distance that is driving it. I expect SD to go here at the level zero move end of June going by the SG review announcement today, pretty much in line with England.

I wouldn't be so sure. Would be bang in line with the cautious approach to date to bin SD, but cap attendances at, say, 25% just to be sure.