Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Things should be back to normal now. The elderly and vulnerable are double dosed, absolutely no need for these restrictions to continue even a day longer, let alone weeks/months. Just wait for a "varient" to conveniently appear so the likes of Devi and JL can preach to us for that bit longer 

In general terms, im not happy about the fact that England effectively governs Scotland, but given that the return of some sort of life worth living by far supercedes political affiliation, you can count me particularly happy that Leitch and Devis soapboxes from which they preach at us are beginning to smoulder. 

15 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

No chance, the country will go together. 

Bauld was saying today that Moray may be held back a level.

Glasgow obviously has a huge population and loads of businesses they'd have to piss off by postponing any further reopening and case loads are about half per capita what what are in Moray. 

I appreciate case numbers should be completely irrelevant at this stage given 6 people in ICU is not close to collapsing the NHS but wouldn't surprise me if that's used as a justification for going more slowly in Moray.

Boris says you don't have to social distance with family and friends if you don't want and saying we must learn to live with Covid responsibly.

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Bauld was saying today that Moray may be held back a level.
Glasgow obviously has a huge population and loads of businesses they'd have to piss off by postponing any further reopening and case loads are about half per capita what what are in Moray. 
I appreciate case numbers should be completely irrelevant at this stage given 6 people in ICU is not close to collapsing the NHS but wouldn't surprise me if that's used as a justification for going more slowly in Moray.

What’s the hospital numbers for NHS Grampian?

Interesting to look at the hospital numbers back in the summer, they basically dropped to ~250 with a handful in ICU and stayed there during August. Once the methodology changed on 11th September it was 45/6 before slowing creeping back up. We're getting close to those numbers, though of course we have more cases now (~180) than we had at the end of August (~85, 2 weeks before the hospital numbers).
What was the change?

And does anyone who works in the nhs have any idea when they're planning to move back to some sort of normal service?

I need a face to face appointment soon as the zoom ones are rubbish. And I'm shitting having to go in as an in-patient, even though they've relaxed the visitor rules slightly.

Surely there'll soon be clear evidence that the continuation of covid times in hospitals and surgeries will be having a negative impact on other health outcomes?
An interesting one for the general direction of travel here... Masks expected to be binned for secondary schools in England as of the 17th.

They absolutely know this is over. Lets just speed it up a bit ffs
I'm delighted to hear that.

I'm a union rep and I'm worried that the eis will continue to push to keep them mandatory in secondaries. I'm hoping we get the choice soon, as it makes a huge difference to the job.

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What was the change?

Basically they did an audit and make the counting more accurate: https://blogs.gov.scot/statistics/2020/09/15/counting-people-in-hospital-with-covid-19/

Scroll down and have a look at the hospital numbers - click All to see them drop in September https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Edited by Ginaro

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Seeing things like this would make me absolutely beeling if I was a St Johnstone or Hibs fan. Absolutely no reason why they couldnt have it played anywhere outwith Hampden and have fans in attendance 

Beginning to find Sturgeon's position on this increasingly weak. Forever now falling in behind Johnson doing whatever he does, with the foreign travel being latest addition to an already long list. I suspect she herself doesn't actually want to allow the foreign travel, but knows she has little option. Furthermore I suspect holding Moray back in Level 3 is her wee way of ascerting what little authority she has left on the matter.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Seeing things like this would make me absolutely beeling if I was a St Johnstone or Hibs fan. Absolutely no reason why they couldnt have it played anywhere outwith Hampden and have fans in attendance 

The final should been used as a test event ahead of the Euro's.