Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Coronavirus: Expert urges caution over hugs as lockdown eases - BBC News

Guidance on hugs now.

Emergency powers in place, and we are now at the point where guidance on hugs is being issued.

I'm living in a fucking black mirror episode and you c***s are in on it... Aren't I??

Just came in to post that. 

So when us or St.Johnstone win the cup in 2 weeks time we can't hug our family and friends celebrating the result :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was reading an article from the bold JL about fans being back next season. Obviously there was the tripe about making sure the car parks are "safe" and one way systems. He also said he hope clubs can have 2000 fans seated. Why the need to have them seated? Most lower league grounds only have one or two stands with seating. Thinking of Somerset the North terracing is vast and could easily fit a few hundred  fans 2 metres apart (which in itself will be pointless come late July. Surely standing sections would be easier for folk needing to go for a piss etc 

Covid has a similar mindset to a power hungry steward. Sit still and don’t speak and it will leave you alone.  If it looks like you are having fun it will come straight for you.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Guidance on hugs now.

Emergency powers in place, and we are now at the point where guidance on hugs is being issued.

I'm living in a fucking black mirror episode and you c***s are in on it... Aren't I??

It’s absolutely mental,  turning your head slightly isn’t going to reduce transmission by anything notable.

However I generally agree with not hugging everyone you meet,  it’s just weird behaviour.   

I’m quite confused why hugging is seemingly being put forward as part of the next round of relaxations tho.  It absolutely should be allowed soon,  but when most of the currently banned things are more desirable and less risky it probably shouldn’t be the next stage.

THE NAIL BARS

A leading scientist has warned of a new symptom that would show if you have already had coronavirus.

Professor Tim Spector has said that people may notice changes to their fingernails after a Covid infection.

Professor Spector, who is the principal investigator of the Zoe Covid Symptom Study app, said that the difference can happen even if you did not experience any other symptoms of Covid-19. 

Professor Spector noted that people who have a "clear line", which creates a prominent ridge, growing out of the nail may have had Covid before.

People may also notice discoloration under their nails if they have previously had the virus.

The professor said it is recognised as the nails recover after an infection. However, he adds that these are usually harmless and can be caused by any illness - meaning it is not only linked to Covid-19.

Writing on Twitter, Prof Spector said: "Do your nails look odd? COVID nails are increasingly being recognised as the nails recover after infection and the growth recovers leaving a clear line. Can occur without skin rashes and appears harmless."

Several Twitter users responded to the post stating they had experienced this symptom after being unwell.

Julie McGlue replied: "Myself & my husband had covid last September & we noticed we had grooves in our nails too"

User pippabrunton said: "I noticed this and also hair loss 3 months after covid"

Drizzydre00 wrote: "Ok but I 100% had nails that looked like this in March 2020 and that’s cause everyone in the show I was in in February 2020 probably had Covid but it was before testing was a common thing but this is more proof that we actually did have it!!!!!!!!!!!"

These horizontal grooves appear on the nail after an infection and are known as Beau’s lines.

The lines are commonly found in patients who have had a viral illness. This is due to the stress that their body was under battling the virus.

These have been reported among people who have experienced Covid toes or fingers when the skin has become discoloured.

The lines will eventually grow out over time.

Dr Tanya Bleiker, president of the British Association of Dermatologists, explained: "Dermatologists are seeing 'Covid Nails' in some patients who have had an infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for Covid 19.

These changes have long been recognised as 'Beau's lines' and are transverse indents in the nail of many, or all, fingernails and sometimes toenails.

"They are caused by a temporary interruption of the growth of the nail due to a number of causes including febrile illnesses such as Covid-19 infection.

"These indents tend to appear two to three weeks after the illness - longer in toenails.

"They are harmless and grow out with time - often surprisingly a few months."

10 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A Government approved hug sounds like something Priti Patel would offer when her husband wants sex.

Red tape might be a kink for some, please don't kink shame.

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Covid has a similar mindset to a power hungry steward. Sit still and don’t speak and it will leave you alone.  If it looks like you are having fun it will come straight for you.

It’s absolutely mental,  turning your head slightly isn’t going to reduce transmission by anything notable.

However I generally agree with not hugging everyone you meet,  it’s just weird behaviour.   

I’m quite confused why hugging is seemingly being put forward as part of the next round of relaxations tho.  It absolutely should be allowed soon,  but when most of the currently banned things are more desirable and less risky it probably shouldn’t be the next stage.

It is mental. Genuinely, our government are currently using emergency powers put in place to prevent the total collapse of our health system and avoid the potential for 100k's of deaths in the face of a virus they didnt understand, to tell us when and how we should hug people. Mission creep is a long way from being adequate to describe whats going on now. Get out of our fucking lives

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Yes, a green trousered, mushroom shagger talking to her about cement will certainly help........

My green breeks (both pairs) are currently in the wash. Not that she would notice as I’ll be sitting in my pants anyway.

On 22/04/2021 at 09:56, The Master said:

While I agree in general, I do think there's certain things that will be different, but all for the better.

I hope that people do now realise they should stay off work (or at least away from their workplace) if they have cold/flu-like symptoms rather than "fighting on". Especially men, who have always felt the social pressure of being accused of having "man flu *giggle giggle*" by the "live, laugh, love" brigade ("man flu" as an expression should have been booted into the sea long ago).

I also wouldn't mind seeing the back of almost universal hand-shaking, especially with people you've literally just met. 

spot on, the number of times i had to drag myself in to the office under pressure from the boss feeling like utter shit to hear some middle aged woman who just sits drinking cups of tea all day say "he's just got man flu, nothing wrong with him"

equally if a guy takes the day off you hear "aye he's off with man flu" absolutely honking patter.

Edited by red23

55 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Just came in to post that. 

So when us or St.Johnstone win the cup in 2 weeks time we can't hug our family and friends celebrating the result :lol: 

I think the livestock in Perthshire are safe regardless.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Guidance on hugs now.

Again: these aren't normal human beings. Things like this are being and will continue to be ignored by normal human beings.

With regards to Moray, given it is a fairly rural area, would it not be likely that they probably don't have as much immunity in the community compared to other parts of Scotland? Seeing small flare ups in terms of case numbers in places like this probably isn't a huge shock and is clearly an outlier. The vaccine should see that next to nobody goes to hospital and dies.

Also, the Taff data, as well as the Israeli data, shows how much the vaccines crush transmission once you reach a certain threshold:

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There's something wrong with you.

It's one thing to believe we need to open back up now that we have a vaccine.

It's quite another to talk about it being a hoax.

Almost 140k people died from this in the UK and people on this forum have lost family members.

Seriously. Get help.

I said it's becoming a hoax. 

If the Scottish Government say it's unsafe to have fans in at the Scottish Cup final that's an outright lie. 

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It is mental. Genuinely, our government are currently using emergency powers put in place to prevent the total collapse of our health system and avoid the potential for 100k's of deaths in the face of a virus they didnt understand, to tell us when and how we should hug people. Mission creep is a long way from being adequate to describe whats going on now. Get out of our fucking lives

Adam Fleming, political correspondent was on BBC News this morning saying 'isn't it strange the government have a policy on hugging? Very weird but just something we all have to get used to in the new normal!'.

Eh....No, you absolute fucking mentalist.