Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

England’s travel green list revealed:

Portugal, Israel, Gibraltar, Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Brunei, the Falkland Islands, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Ascension Islands, Tristan da Cunha and St Helena, along with South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands.

Id imagine that most of that list won’t let you in in any event - hard to see there being a big opening up of the travel industry in May.

Who goes to South Georgia, Brunei or Ascension on holiday 😂

Outside of the military does anyone from the UK ever visit those places?

6 hours ago, s_dog said:

Haven't all the studies shown that it does have some impact on reducing transmission but it doesn't stop it completely? 

Jenny Harries just stated “we don’t have absolute clarity on the transmission risk”.

Another case of the data being completely ignored.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
17 minutes ago, Left Back said:
Who goes to South Georgia, Brunei or Ascension on holiday emoji23.png
Outside of the military does anyone from the UK ever visit those places?

Some stag doo that

I’d skip the South Georgia leg.  No pubs.

Turkey should not be on the red list in a million years with its cases reducing and fairly successful vaccine program.
No science just govt not liking prospect of thousands fecking off to Instanbul.

Turkey should not be on the red list in a million years with its cases reducing and fairly successful vaccine program.
Turkey is on that list due to their open borders policy despite "lockdown" and their previous blatant pockling of their figures.

5 hours ago, Aidan said:
6 hours ago, Munter said:
Have my 1st shot today so looking forward to joining the club and celebrating with a beer or two later.

Anyone know what the state of play is at the Caird Hall? My wife has her date next week, but am thinking it might be worth her joining me to see if she can’t get done at the same time given the amount of no shows reported. 

If you haven't been already, take her with you and she'll get seen.

Thanks Aidan, we did just that and happy to report we are now both vaccined up to our eyeballs!

one small step and all that....

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
20 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Turkey is on that list due to their open borders policy despite "lockdown" and their previous blatant pockling of their figures.

The blatantly fake Turkish figures last year were class.

You can imagine Erdogan just chopping zeros off the end of the real figure.

I've just noticed the updated foreign office advice for those countries classed amber today...no travel for leisure purposes. Wonder how they define leisure and how they plan to police that given the number of folk willing / able to go to the likes of Spain or Greece and quarantine on their return.

I've just noticed the updated foreign office advice for those countries classed amber today...no travel for leisure purposes. Wonder how they define leisure and how they plan to police that given the number of folk willing / able to go to the likes of Spain or Greece and quarantine on their return.
Just been clarified as "advice not law"

So why did Turkey go red today and not weeks ago when it was in a far greater mess ?
Answer
Champions League

So precisely zero justification for 'domestic vaccine passports' and the prevention of a return to old pre-pandemic life in late July/early August, then.

So why did Turkey go red today and not weeks ago when it was in a far greater mess ?
Answer
Champions League
Possibly a factor but the publicity in the media this week about their "hotel quarantine avoidance" loophole for red list countries won't have helped.

Possibly an attempt to try to force UEFA to relocate to the UK an issue too.

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

So precisely zero justification for 'domestic vaccine passports' and the prevention of a return to old pre-pandemic life in late July/early August, then.

Sounds like zero covid to me.