Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For a minute, I thought you were going to have some contribution to make to the discussion.

Oh well...

Thanks for proving my point.

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS do you have ANYTHING to add to this other than fill the thread with nonsense?

Enjoy your night m8.

3 hours ago, Steven W said:

Tories win Hartlepool by election. I'd suggest in part possibly because of their willingness to get back to a normal life? Will be interesting to see how the Scottish election goes and will the SNP take a dent for similar reasons.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm no Tory. But I think people are now just desperate to get back to normal.

It won’t make any difference at all. SNP will win by a landslide and possibly win even more seats than they have already. People can complain all they want about restrictions but so many people I know think NS has done a great job throught all of this of “keeping us safe”. The SNP candidates could cough in folks faces and still get voted in, that’s how much the other parties are hated/indifference in Scotland  

Have my 1st shot today so looking forward to joining the club and celebrating with a beer or two later.

Anyone know what the state of play is at the Caird Hall? My wife has her date next week, but am thinking it might be worth her joining me to see if she can’t get done at the same time given the amount of no shows reported. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Seen a few tweets from folk at that Liverpool club thing last weekend all saying they've tested negative.  Only 7 days since so the virus could still be incubating, but promising none the less.

Of course they tested negative. Everybody was tested before hand (all negative) so why they thought it would be a situation where two negatives make a positive is beyond me. The most pointless exercise (testing 7 days after it) 

55 minutes ago, Left Back said:

NHS Grampian has decided to rattle through all adults in Moray to halt the spread of the outbreak.

Bit of a poke in the eye for those that claim vaccination doesn't stop transmission when a health board are going to use it for exactly that purpose.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-57014153

Haven't all the studies shown that it does have some impact on reducing transmission but it doesn't stop it completely? 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I've never been to the Mosset before.  I tend not to spend too long in Moray in general.  An utter bin of a place.

The Mosset is pretty good. It's in a lovely spot next to the duck pond and a 2 minute walk to the football ground.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Lol, each AND every reason? A reasonable request.

I suspect you're aware of unethical practices in the past carried out on people from the BAME community but if you're not it might be an idea to look into it yourself. 

I am also aware of the unethical practices carried out on white citizens in the past.  Are you seriously suggesting that BAME community members are sitting at home refusing to go for a vaccine as they believe that it may be a scientific experiment that will somehow only be harmful to non-whites?  The BAME community was for some reason affected by COVID disproportionetly, their reluctance to be vaccinated is illogical. In the context on it being racist to discriminate on the basis of vaccination status, I'll file that in the batshit mental category.

In the event that we shitfest through on penalties to the final it would be absolutely ridiculous to have a 500 fan limit at Cappielow. You could fit in 1000 distanced in the Wee Dublin End alone in a completely open space. 

Whether there's any demand to watch our turgid drivel of a team slither along is another matter of course. 

18 minutes ago, strichener said:

I am also aware of the unethical practices carried out on white citizens in the past.  Are you seriously suggesting that BAME community members are sitting at home refusing to go for a vaccine as they believe that it may be a scientific experiment that will somehow only be harmful to non-whites?  The BAME community was for some reason affected by COVID disproportionetly, their reluctance to be vaccinated is illogical. In the context on it being racist to discriminate on the basis of vaccination status, I'll file that in the batshit mental category.

If you want to pretend that white people and BAME people have had equal treatment through our health services historically then I guess we'll just leave this here.

You can file it in any category you want, it doesn't mean you are correct. 

The Icelandic health minister was on Sky News this morning saying how they're simply not bothered about testing vaccinated travellers, and nor are they concerned by 'variants', clearly all because of understanding how to quantify risk.

Quite possibly the most level headed and pragmatic decision making seen for a long time. I'm sure the rest of Europe will catch-up before too long... Also highly ironic considering Sridhar and other #ZeroCovid nutters seem to like citing Iceland as an example.

Have my 1st shot today so looking forward to joining the club and celebrating with a beer or two later.

Anyone know what the state of play is at the Caird Hall? My wife has her date next week, but am thinking it might be worth her joining me to see if she can’t get done at the same time given the amount of no shows reported. 

If you haven't been already, take her with you and she'll get seen.

Expanding vaccinations in Moray to the younger groups will be interesting.  If cases suddenly tumble then that's even more quantifiable evidence that vaccinations are the way out of all of this, even if the main metric should be hospitalisations and deaths.  

45 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Pleasantly surprised to see fans in at the play-offs, hopefully the teams push for as many fans as possible and normal conditions by the time we restart.

Yeah - as I understand it, the clubs will be able to apply to have the limit upped . Im sure its 500 without the need to even consult anyone, and can be increased upon request