Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

283* new cases of COVID-19 reported

35,576* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

0.9%* of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

11 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 13)

58 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 69).

2,860,635 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,400,296 have received their second dose

light em up fellas!

Esp since that's most of yestardays and todays rolled into one

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That figure of 69 people in hospital yesterday must surely have been an error. It's completely inconsistent with absolutely everything else.

Agreed.

I suspect it related to some sort of data issue after the holiday weekend.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

283* new cases of COVID-19 reported

35,576* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

0.9%* of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

11 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 13)

58 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 69).

2,860,635 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,400,296 have received their second dose

Please note that today's total cases and tests includes those affected by the data flow issues reported yesterday. On 5 May, Public Health Scotland were aware of a data flow issue from UK Government Testing sites. This issue has now been resolved.

image.jpeg.7015a2e17285943a6317931a3963f067.jpeg

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That figure of 69 people in hospital yesterday must surely have been an error. It's completely inconsistent with absolutely everything else.

Must've been.  It's too coincidental with the Bank Holiday to not have been.

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Agreed.

I suspect it related to some sort of data issue after the holiday weekend.

It looked a bit off and today it says for week ending 5th may only 19 people were admitted. 

Yesterday if you added the ICU on top of the overall hospital cases it equalled the headline figure, wonder if it was as simple as that. 

Then why bring up BAME?
You are trying to tie it up with racial discrimination.
It clearly isn't.
Virtually all of us on here disagree with differential treatment of vaccinated and unvaccinated people and want to see all restrictions removed but arguing in the terms that you are doing is intellectually dishonest at best, and at worst you are treating fellow posters like idiots by trying to "emotionalise" them.
Surely if there is a race element to WHY vaxx numbers are less in BAME communities, then it follows that there is maybe, whether directly or indirectly, a race issue in going ahead and dividing society down vaccine lines anyway rather than seeling more positive ways to encourage and educate re vaccines in those communities?

This is probably the sort of indirect, hidden from plain sight discrimination that most of us are encouraged to learn more about by movements like BLM

Daily Cases Update:  Another excellent day. Cases down 2.4% and overall figure now only 20.9 per 100K

The Scottish average is now almost down to Level 1 criteria of 20. All of the other metrics around infectivity and hospilisation have been met. In theory we should be asking why much of Scotland should not go straight to level 1 in a fortnight.

Dundee are todays headline grabbers again. Only 10 cases in the City. Probably why the ignorant feckers are not turning up for vaccines.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 27th April to 3rd May  were 1169 now 1141 down 2.40%. Positivity was 1.1% now 1.1%.   Cases per 100k were 21.4 now 20.9

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  22.6 to 22.3 down 1.33%, England 23.0 to 22.6 down 1.74%,  Wales  10.7 to 10.2 down 4.67%, Northern Ireland 34.6 to 35.1 up 1.45% 

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Turkey 366 to 295, Sweden 350 to 342, Croatia 352 to 308,  Netherlands 316 to 266, France 286 to 230,  all destinations over 230 cases per 100K     

At the other end as we wait for Traffic Lights you have.  Iceland 23, Albania 25, Finland 26, Portugal 28, Malta 30  that must all stand a decent chance of going green.  Other sun worshiper areas currently are Bulgaria 111, Spain 118, Greece 124, Italy 137, Cyprus 547

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Shifty Tories should be in lockdown club

Moray   81.4 to 79.3  Peaked ?  We shall see.

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

East Dunbartonshire  41.4 to 37.7  Down 8.94%  Kessington East still Scotland's most dangerous neighbourhood just over Elgin.

East Ayrshire  41.0 to 35.2 Excellent back down over 14%

North Lanarkshire  33.4 to 31.9 

Fife  28.9 to 28.4

Falkirk  24.2 to 28.0      

West Lothian  27.3 to 27.9 

Glasgow City  26.9 to 27.8

West Dunbartonshire   23.6 to 25.9

East Renfrewshire     26.2 to 25.1    

City Of Edinburgh  26.5 to 24.8

South Lanarkshire  19.3 to 20.3  Back into Level 2  

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

Clackmannanshire    19.4 to 19.4

Stirling  14.9 to 17.0 

North Ayrshire  16.3 to 16.3 

Dumfries & Galloway 16.8 to 14.1 

Aberdeen City  15.3 to 14.4  

South Ayrshire    13.3 to 13.3

Renfrewshire    12.3 to 11.7

Highlands  11.0 to 11.4

Aberdeenshire  11.5 to 10.3    

Perth & Kinross  13.2 to 9.9  Another excellent 25% drop

Angus  9.5 to 9.5

Inverclyde  7.7 to 7.7

Dundee City   8.7 to 6.7  Amazing only 10 cases. Be why no cuntt turns up for their vaccine.

Scottish  Borders  6.9 to 5.2

Midlothian  3.2 to 4.3

East Lothian  1.9 to 2.8 

Argyll & Bute  2.3 to 2.3     

Orkney Island  4.5 to 0.0 

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

Western Isles   0.0 to 0.0

Nothing quite infuriates me like this sort of thing. Let’s chuck hundreds of people into a windowless warehouse to count votes, but we’ve got some hand sanitiser so it’ll all be fine.

We are over well over a year into this pandemic. It’s ludicrous we’re still sanitising everything in sight.

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Then why bring up BAME?

You are trying to tie it up with racial discrimination.

It clearly isn't.

Virtually all of us on here disagree with differential treatment of vaccinated and unvaccinated people and want to see all restrictions removed but arguing in the terms that you are doing is intellectually dishonest at best, and at worst you are treating fellow posters like idiots by trying to "emotionalise" them.

This discussion about BAME people has been going on for months on this thread, pretty much ever since a vaccine was developed if not even before that. I specifically said it was indirect discrimination, an example of a policy which is not intended to be discriminatory but which still turns out to be.

My arguments here have been the very opposite of emotional, I even went to the lengths of breaking it down into a series of logical and factual justifications for my position on this, which is more than you have done at any point.

Low vaccination numbers might be a race issue but it doesn't follow at all that suddenly this makes it a racism issue.
Those are two separate things.
To seek to separate people down those lines, even as you know that an often discrimated section of society are going to be disproportionately affected surely is getting on towards it though? Its at least worthy of being considered as an example of the type of indirect discrimination that has led to a society where BAME people feel discriminsted against desite most fokk being convinced they arent racist?

Sorry, I disagree with your logical conclusion to this.
Racism is racism. This isn't it.
Overt racism isnt the only racism problem in society though. Its a more thorough analysis if where bias exists thats needed in the UK where outright, textbook racism isnt tolerated in most walks of life for most decent people. I just think its a fair shout that the likes of vaccine passports could be discriminatory, but then I utterly despise the idea of them, so that might be a bias of my own

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Fermer Saints have 2 positive tests and 2 isolating they have announced. Poor timing for them !

Unreal. Only 15 cases in total in Perth & Kinross and one football team with all it's precautions can have 13.33% of them 😉

How can these health officials be allowed to portray armageddon in Moray.  I understand feck all people are in ICU or Dieing.  Chris Littlejohn must be some prophet.

Moray is experiencing "uncontrolled, sustained community transmission" of Covid-19, public health officials have warned.

NHS Grampian's deputy director of public health Chris Littlejohn said the situation was "rapidly deteriorating".

The region currently has an infection rate of more than 81 cases per 100,000 - four times the Scotland-wide level.

Mr Littlejohn said there would be deaths if the outbreak could not be controlled.

"We are urging everyone to Protect Moray and get tested, even if they have no symptoms," he said. "We hope that by intervening further now we can avoid the possibility of further restrictions or a continuation of level three in Moray - but we need to act now."

Edited by superbigal

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Unreal. Only 15 cases in total in Perth & Kinross and one football team with all it's precautions can have 13.33% of them 😉

Hardly any of the players stay in Perth.

As happened with St Mirren it can get into the squad via the players families.

The club can take all the precautions they want but the players don't live in a bubble 24 hours 7 days a week.

37 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Sorry, I disagree with your logical conclusion to this.

Racism is racism. This isn't it.

I would re-iterate though that we shouldn't have separation of vaccinated and unvaccinated people. There just isn't any justification for it at all.

I dont think you understand the concept of indirect discrimination.  Whilst it can become complicated and a grey area, vaccine passports are absolutely capable of being indirectly discriminatory on the grounds of age, race and disability if the appropriate exemptions are not built in.

I think the point many people have made is, if all the necessary exemptions are built it, the whole thing becomes completely pointless anyway.

How can these health officials be allowed to portray armageddon in Moray.  I understand feck all people are in ICU or Dieing.  Chris Littlejohn must be some prophet.

Moray is experiencing "uncontrolled, sustained community transmission" of Covid-19, public health officials have warned.

NHS Grampian's deputy director of public health Chris Littlejohn said the situation was "rapidly deteriorating".

The region currently has an infection rate of more than 81 cases per 100,000 - four times the Scotland-wide level.

Mr Littlejohn said there would be deaths if the outbreak could not be controlled.

"We are urging everyone to Protect Moray and get tested, even if they have no symptoms," he said. "We hope that by intervening further now we can avoid the possibility of further restrictions or a continuation of level three in Moray - but we need to act now."

While a rise in cases probably isn't ideal, it's in no way as big an issue as it might have been a few months ago - you know, since we started using those things called vaccines.

I won't pretend to be clued up on the exact ins and outs of the situation in Moray but cases across the country have been trending downwards for months. Hopefully the rise in cases in Moray can give a real world example that cases no longer equate to hospitalisations / death and any future outbreaks in other parts of the country are treated with less knicker wetting.

9 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

While a rise in cases probably isn't ideal, it's in no way as big an issue as it might have been a few months ago - you know, since we started using those things called vaccines.

I won't pretend to be clued up on the exact ins and outs of the situation in Moray but cases across the country have been trending downwards for months. Hopefully the rise in cases in Moray can give a real world example that cases no longer equate to hospitalisations / death and any future outbreaks in other parts of the country are treated with less knicker wetting.

Like someone said before, are these cases in Moray resulting in hospitalisations and deaths?  I can't find any reporting of this happening. It appears to be the opposite occurring irl.

19 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Spot on.

It might get people talking about things like natural immunity from previous infection too, which seems like it’s an inconvenient truth for the zealots.