Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Roughly 50% of folk not turning up at the mass vaccination centre in Dundee today. I know some of these will be folk that have genuine reasons for not making it and I also know that the helpline number can be a pain in the arse to get through to but it's quite frustrating to see the amount of resources wasted for a reasonable amount of folk to just not be arsed turning up.

As if you needed additional reasons to go nowhere near fucking Blackpool. jose.png&key=36a9cf2880030028fa3707f8ec7045350392a53b9d866f3f23b238b220c17437
Posted at 17:09

Blackpool plans testing scheme for hotel guests

Visitors to Blackpool could be asked to take Covid tests at their hotels in a bid to keep outbreaks at bay once the seaside town fully reopens.

The town's council is in talks with local hospitality businesses about rolling out the voluntary tests.

Concerns about the impact of an influx of tourists on case numbers were raised at the authority's audit committee.

The town has often suffered high infection rates throughout the pandemic.

Read more.

Why would you take a voluntary test when you are on holiday and run the risk of having to self isolate? Seems like another ridiculous plan.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Roughly 50% of folk not turning up at the mass vaccination centre in Dundee today. I know some of these will be folk that have genuine reasons for not making it and I also know that the helpline number can be a pain in the arse to get through to but it's quite frustrating to see the amount of resources wasted for a reasonable amount of folk to just not be arsed turning up.

What genuine reason could you have for not making it

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

Perhaps not many people in Dundee can read?

Illness, work, drop off/pick up from school, other appointments. There's plenty of genuine reasons that someone couldn't make it in. When I said the helpline number they give you is a nightmare I mean it is at times impossible to get through to and it appears that the advice they are giving out isn't exactly helpful.

That being said I would say that a vast majority of the people not turning up are either people who don't want the AstraZeneca which they've changed over to in Dundee today, or folk that just can't be arsed turning up.

Real world data out of Qatar showing that Pfizer still smokes the 'South African variant' - but crucial that the second dose, i.e. completed vaccination, is given for this to happen. It's also becoming more clear that there's not much difference between Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca.

Illness, work, drop off/pick up from school, other appointments. There's plenty of genuine reasons that someone couldn't make it in. When I said the helpline number they give you is a nightmare I mean it is at times impossible to get through to and it appears that the advice they are giving out isn't exactly helpful.

That being said I would say that a vast majority of the people not turning up are either people who don't want the AstraZeneca which they've changed over to in Dundee today, or folk that just can't be arsed turning up.
I think we're now getting into the age groups in which a significant minority will be leading fairly chaotic lifestyles, particularly in deprived areas. People with drug/alcohol issues are going to be far less likely to turn up.for appointments. It.would be interesting to know if people turning up who are obviously under the influence would actually get vaccinated

6 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

New York opening their stadia back up to bigger crowds from May 19th but splitting them up into vaccinated and unvaccinated sections with 100% and 33% capacity respectively. Seems like a massive waste of time when they'll all be queuing up together, in the same concourses, using the same toilets and taking the same public transport home.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2021/05/05/broadway-and-baseball-tickets-to-go-on-sale-as-new-york-reopening-plans-take-shape?cid=id-app15_m-share_s-web_cmp-app_launch_august2020_c-producer_posts_po-organic

America going back to the dark old days of blatant segregation. What next the back of the buses/subways only to be used by the unvaccinated? Youd think they'd have learned their lesson by now 

Edited by Thereisalight..