Coronavirus (COVID-19)

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Have you tried not reading this shite?

For a while now I have routinely ignored every news bulletin, tried my best to avoid covid articles and generally only pop on here to see the updated figures. The vaccines are doing their job and everything will be gone soon, the hot air in the media is now best ignored. 

The other important thing to remember is the headlines will be sensationalist.  The reality is, when you do a bit of reading, that any "third wave" will likely be quite small and shouldn't pose any significant problems to the NHS, provided vaccines continue to do what they have been doing until now.  

This article appeared last night and does mention the possibility of a third wave, but on the whole is quite optimistic about the future of the pandemic:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56988070

85* new cases of COVID-19 reported
11,273* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
0.8%* of these were positive
0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
13 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  ( up from11 )
69 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 58)
2,846,834 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,373,882 have received their second dose
* Please note that Public Health Scotland are aware of data flow issues from UK Government testing sites since around 3pm on Tuesday 4 May that are currently being investigated. These data flow issues could be contributing to the lower number of cases reported today, however, it is not yet possible to know this for certain until this issue is resolved.
Bit of a jump in hospital numbers there (relatively speaking). Hopefully just a blip and the cigars will be sparked back up again over the next few days.

Daily Cases Update:  A day of nothing really to report in terms of cases.  Glasgow imminent to go lower than Edinburgh.  Toray Teuchterville is now the UKs most dangerous authority.  Pretty sure like Clachs it will be down to diddly squat in a week or so.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 26th April to 2nd May  were 1165 now 1169 up 0.34%. Positivity was 1.1% now 1.1%.   Cases per 100k were 21.3 now 21.4

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  22.9 to 22.6 down 1.31%, England 23.2 to 23.0 down 0.86%,  Wales  10.5 to 10.7 up 1.90%, Northern Ireland 34.2 to 34.6 up 1.17% 

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Turkey 366 to 295, Sweden 350 to 342, Croatia 352 to 308,  Netherlands 316 to 266, France 286 to 230,  all destinations over 230 cases per 100K     

At the other end as we wait for Traffic Lights you have.  Iceland 23, Albania 25, Finland 26, Portugal 28, Malta 30  that must all stand a decent chance of going green.  Other sun worshiper areas currently are Bulgaria 111, Spain 118, Greece 124, Italy 137, Cyprus 547

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Shifty Tories should be in lockdown club

Moray  78.3 to 81.4  Shitshow continues although the press speculating it could be kept in Level 3 in 2 weeks time is pure bullshitt

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

East Dunbartonshire  42.3 to 41.4  .  Kessington East still Scotland's most dangerous neighbourhood.

East Ayrshire  36.9 to 41.0 

North Lanarkshire  32.5 to 33.4 

Fife   29.7 to 28.9 

West Lothian  24.6 to 27.3 

Glasgow City  28.1 to 26.9 Another 4.27% drop so close to Edinburgh.

City Of Edinburgh   26.3 to 26.5

East Renfrewshire    22.0 to 26.2   

Falkirk  24.2 to 24.2     

West Dunbartonshire   23.6 to 23.6

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

Clackmannanshire    17.5 to 19.4  

South Lanarkshire  19.3 to 19.3 

Dumfries & Galloway 18.1 to 16.8 

North Ayrshire  14.8 to 16.3 

Aberdeen City  14.4 to 15.3  

Stirling  14.9 to 14.9 

South Ayrshire    13.3 to 13.3   

Perth & Kinross  15.8 to 13.2  Another excellent 16.46% drop

Renfrewshire    14.0 to 12.3  Amazing another 12.14% drop.

Aberdeenshire  11.1 to 11.5

Highlands  11.0 to 11.0

Angus  6.9 to 9.5 

Dundee City   9.4 to 8.7  Amazing only 13 cases. I have just heard of another outbreak at Harris Academy. About their 20th. So numbers to filter through.

Inverclyde  11.6 to 7.7

Scottish  Borders  6.9 to 6.9

Midlothian  2.2 to 3.2

Argyll & Bute  1.2 to 2.3     

East Lothian  3.7 to 1.9  2 Cases

Orkney Island  4.5 to 0.0 

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

Western Isles   0.0 to 0.0

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:
19 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
85* new cases of COVID-19 reported
11,273* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
0.8%* of these were positive
0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
13 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  ( up from11 )
69 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 58)
2,846,834 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,373,882 have received their second dose
* Please note that Public Health Scotland are aware of data flow issues from UK Government testing sites since around 3pm on Tuesday 4 May that are currently being investigated. These data flow issues could be contributing to the lower number of cases reported today, however, it is not yet possible to know this for certain until this issue is resolved.

Bit of a jump in hospital numbers there (relatively speaking). Hopefully just a blip and the cigars will be sparked back up again over the next few days.

Worth noting that elective surgeries etc are getting back up to speed so theres potential that some of these numbers could be in hospital ‘with’ covid rather than ‘because’ of covid. 

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

That's not true at all. One thing the polls show is that British people are often quite pro-restrictions.

I would place more emphasis on what people actually do than how they answer questions on the phone. Shops have been heaving all through this, holidays are booked up all over the UK and generally anytime the opportunity arises to get any normality back people jump at it. 

People often treat surveys as quizzes and try to create a positive impression of themselves. There was a survey a while ago where a large number of respondents said they had self isolated for over 20 days due to symptoms which was obviously utter pish and a result of trying to sound responsible or even just choosing the last option read to them. 

It's really great when you've been cigaring it level 1 numbers for about 6 weeks straight and you still can't sit down in a pub with a drink or visit your family and pals (legally).

Get this election out the way then get on to sorting this pish out.

Yeah, Pal who just turned 40 got his letter today too but still waiting on mine and other friend in late 40s hasn't had theirs either. Does seem a bit random at times when people get it.

Edited by Rodhull

3 hours ago, Aladdin said:

They havent necessarily.  Given Moray apparently has a population of only 95,000, a localised outbreak can have a massive effect on their rate per 100,000.  Given the lower population density, you would hope it could be nipped in the bud quite quickly.

Not sure if its been mentioned already but Elgin Academy has been linked to 48 cases since the 14th of April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-56994830

Blue letter came for the wife today. She's getting her jag on Tuesday.
Nothing for me yet.
If it's at a mass vaccination centre rather than a GP just go with her and there's a fair chance you'll get it at the same time.

Unless it means taking a day off unpaid or something then it's maybe no worth taking the chance.

11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah, Pal who just turned 40 got his letter today too but still waiting on mine and other friend in late 40s hasn't had theirs either. Does seem a bit random at times when people get it.

Think it depends where you live.  I’m in the NHS tayside area and got my letter a few days ago.  None of my mates back in Edinburgh who are all roughly the same age as me have had theirs yet.

Has there been an update of what age group is being offered the first dose now (assuming no underlying conditions)?

Just off travelling tabby, we seem to be motoring through the 40-49 age group right now. Are they still doing it in 5 year blocks? Are we on 45-49 right now?

Letter through today saying all adults in my house are eligible to get jagged ASAP because I was shielding. Wife already had it as she's nhs, but good to see they're doing this and surely a sign they're battering through the target groups np

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Has there been an update of what age group is being offered the first dose now (assuming no underlying conditions)?

Just off travelling tabby, we seem to be motoring through the 40-49 age group right now. Are they still doing it in 5 year blocks? Are we on 45-49 right now?

I'm 41, live in Aberdeen and I'm going for mine on Sunday.  No underlying conditions (that I'm aware of).   

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I get that impression in Glasgow anyway, from my household it looks like its going down that age block fairly quickly at the moment. I get mine tomorrow , 46 (and a 1/3).

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

41 year old in my work getting his on Friday, another who I believe is under 45 has already had their first dose.