Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Isn't Wales doing better % wise because they have an older population and therefore rightly got more vaccine earlier?

That much older than Scotland that they have vaxxed 10% more of their adult population? Seems unlikely to me.

20 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That much older than Scotland that they have vaxxed 10% more of their adult population? Seems unlikely to me.

That Twitter account also tweets a lot of shite.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55855220

BBC figures put Wales at 59.1%, Scotland at 51.9%, England at 51.6% and NI at 49.9%

E1sZsNa.png

10 hours ago, Aladdin said:

An interesting article.  I wonder how applicable it is to the UK where an abundance of over-caution may seem to be used to signal opposition to the tories?

People have become overly entrenched in their views and have split into hand wringing third wave fetishists, free-marketeering libertarians and moon howling anti-vaxxers all shouting at each other.

I think you see and hear that a lot now everywhere. People who dont really think about a viewpoint critically other than how it fits into their "group thinking/anti other group thinking" and anything said that is interpreted as being from an opposing group is shouted down without even the slightest consideration of reason, facts etc

Im of the opinion and its my experience that we usually have far more in common than disagree about once you scratch the surface and have a reasonable discussion. Problem is with some people its difficult to have reasoned debate.

Its possible/probable social media is the main cause of it all now

6 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

BBC figures put Wales at 59.1%, Scotland at 51.9%, England at 51.6% and NI at 49.9%

E1sZsNa.png

I'm well aware it's some baiting Tory VL who runs that account, but even the above graphic still shows a 7.2% difference between first doses.

25 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'm well aware it's some baiting Tory VL who runs that account, but even the above graphic still shows a 7.2% difference between first doses.

Admitting you're well aware it posts shite but you were ok posting it to support your argument isn't a great look.

E1sZsNa.png&key=020ec98f28f41dec2e54b083

This graphic shows the % of the total population vaccinated whereas the previous tweet shows the % of adults.

HTH.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-56986847

This is a concern.

Presumably vaccinations, hospitalisations, number in ICU in Moray are on a par with the rest of the country. But here we are already getting freaked out at an upturn in infection numbers.

Fast forward a couple of months when infections across Scotland will no doubt be higher than they are at present, presumably the calls for going up the levels (perhaps even for Lockdown #3) will become pretty loud.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-56986847
This is a concern.
Presumably vaccinations, hospitalisations, number in ICU in Moray are on a par with the rest of the country. But here we are already getting freaked out at an upturn in infection numbers.
Fast forward a couple of months when infections across Scotland will no doubt be higher than they are at present, presumably the calls for going up the levels (perhaps even for Lockdown #3) will become pretty loud.

It says in this report that many of the cases are asymptomatic so some jobs in Moray will not be allowed to get started again because people are not feeling unwell, hospitals are not overwhelmed and people are not dying. Absolute headcases.

15 minutes ago, Donathan said:

This graphic shows the % of the total population vaccinated whereas the previous tweet shows the % of adults.

HTH.

Really wish media outlets would pick one measurement and stick to it as it's starting to become a bit confusing.

Since we aren't yet vaccinating children, we should stick with figures for the adult population. 

It says in this report that many of the cases are asymptomatic so some jobs in Moray will not be allowed to get started again because people are not feeling unwell, hospitals are not overwhelmed and people are not dying. Absolute headcases.
What funding is going to available going forward for when England has correctly binned the lot and we are still going up and down levels and binning folks livlihoods at the drop of a hat?

Every single health board has shown a pretty consistent decline in hospital numbers since the peak, but NHS Grampian specifically has more than trebled in the last month. From 4 to 13. [emoji23]

Worth keeping an eye on if you’re a public health official, which this woman is, another trebling in the next month would likely see more hospital cases in Grampian than the rest of the country combined. But come on. 10 or 11 more in hospital than expected isn’t the end of the world.

9 hours ago, Michael W said:

It's the latest part of the ongoing mental disintegration of #FBPE twitter. Anything Johnson does in relaxing restrictions  must be vehemently opposed because Brexit is wrong. I would write it off as internet bubble/echo chamber stuff, but the opinion polls which are seemingly randomly selected seem to bear it out as well, and Conservative voters aren't exactly falling over themselves for relaxations either, even if less opposed to them. 

Don't get me wrong, I've no time for the man, but these cranks would have us locked down forever if they could. The irony that they now want to ban all travel in/out the UK is not lost either. 

This whole shite is startin to remind me of the old firm with their pathetic tit for tat behaviour, celtic fans bring Palestinian flags + rangers fans bringing isreali ones ( the same c***s who 15 years ago were giving Nazi salutes) rangers bum the poppy = celtic fans protest the poppy

Boris wants to relax lockdown = leftists want more lockdown

15 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

This whole shite is startin to remind me of the old firm with their pathetic tit for tat behaviour, celtic fans bring Palestinian flags + rangers fans bringing isreali ones ( the same c***s who 15 years ago were giving Nazi salutes) rangers bum the poppy = celtic fans protest the poppy

I honesty don't think it's quite as clear a separation here as it is in the states. There has been (slightly!) more nuance around the debate here, and you'll find people who would claim to be on the left supporting a lifting of measures (plenty on here in that boat), plus, one of the major parties hasn't essentially been feeding lies to their believe-anything-they-say base. 

16 minutes ago, Paco said:

Every single health board has shown a pretty consistent decline in hospital numbers since the peak, but NHS Grampian specifically has more than trebled in the last month. From 4 to 13. emoji23.png

Worth keeping an eye on if you’re a public health official, which this woman is, another trebling in the next month would likely see more hospital cases in Grampian than the rest of the country combined. But come on. 10 or 11 more in hospital than expected isn’t the end of the world.

Aye - all of this stuff, including monitoring variants and their impact on vaccine efficacy are absolutely legitimate things for the health service and government to be doing.

The mistake is directly linking it to restrictions which is what we see on the news. I think they'll live to regret scaremongering over minor outbreaks in the long term.

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

E1sZsNa.png

Wales are well ahead on the first dose, but everything else is much of a muchness.

Are NHS Grampian confirmed "leftists" as their spokesperson is the only one in that article even mentioning that Moray might not be ready for L2 ?