Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Ok Tory Boy.  Whatever you say. 

Other parties are as terrified as the governments in all nations of the UK to say f**k the restrictions and get everything opened up.  This is entirely down to the way every government in the UK fucked it and caused the death toll we currently have.

Given access to the government data, scientists, civil servants etc. they may (or may not) have taken different decisions and implemented different policies.  We’ll never know.  It is however perfectly reasonable to say the government fucked this (and continue to f**k it to stop me living the life I want to lead) so I’m not voting for them.

to say no other party is offering an alternative is disingenuous

12 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Not really, no other party would do anything any faster if they win the election instead of the sno, perhaps the tories but even then it’s not guaranteed and they haven’t made any promise about it for the election

No, but the SNP have made it quite clear they are going to go much, much slower than the rest of the UK. Introducing uncertainty into industries already struggling in a way that isn't being done so down South.

Why are the SNP so determined to go slower than the UK Gov, and leave entire industries off of their road map?

That is the question.

Edited by Todd_is_God

37 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No, but the SNP have made it quite clear they are going to go much, much slower than the rest of the UK. Introducing uncertainty into industries already struggling in a way that isn't being done so down South.

Why are the SNP so determined to go slower than the UK Gov, and leave entire industries off of their road map?

That is the question.

But that’s just not true. I was in Leeds this week for work, and I had to have my meal outside.  In Scotland, i could have eaten inside, but of course, we are behind what is happening everywhere else....

I don't really understand this argument.
Remembering that we are talking about SG policies, and the SG election, then there is only one party in a position to appoint advisers, only one party being advised by said advisers, and only one party forming policy based on their interpretation of said advice.
"But who is saying different?" is a ridiculously weak argument against anyone unhappy with their namby pamby, ultra cautious, micro-managing approach. Up there with "but who'd do better?" when discussing the poor performance of a football club's management.

I get that someone may not want to vote for the SNP on the basis that they are not happy with restrictions - the problem then arises - who do you vote for?

No other mainstream party is offering anything fundamentally different - you are therefore left with the minor parties and the a-z of fruitloops.

I fail to understand how voting for a party that's going to do the same is somehow going to make a difference.

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

8 people in a stadium? Surely not? Even our stadium has more than 8 people in it on a  matchday right now 

I watched a Swedish game on 17th Apr - Hammarby v Mjallby.

There was fans in the stadium, not many around 200, plus all the hospitality boxes were full to the brim  Singing was happening, so the camera showed where it was coming from,  loads of folk all in suites having a great time (pished). 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56966731
Unlimited numbers at funerals in England from 17th of May and unlimited numbers at Weddings from June. 
As long as the venue can have them socially distanced.

Same issue here, limits are supposed to be going up to 100 and 200 with Levels 1 and 0, but distancing still applies - so unless you're getting married in an enormous venue then in reality the limit is far below this.

The lack of advance guidance on practicalities is becoming a real struggle - you can't plan a wedding in the two weeks before it and the wedding industry needs some sort of help to plan, although a photographer I know was told by their MSP that "there's no such thing as a wedding industry"

I'm very much pro-independence so will be voting Green/Green on Thursday here in Scotland's favourite city, Inverness.  

I've been a soft SNP voter in the past, but I like the cut of the Green's jib this time around, plus Patrick Harvie is a great politician.

Edited by TheScarf

A group co-chaired by Phillipa Whitford and some no mark lib dem has asked the government to halt the resumption of foreign travel because of the potential for unknown variants. 
Should we just go full blown Meiji Japan at this point and close to all external influence or something? At what point will a virus which experts believe will never leave us be deemed not likely to mutate? 
If you cant do what you love, if you cant see the people you love, but its alright to go to work and not do anything, thats not living. 

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

A group co-chaired by Phillipa Whitford and some no mark lib dem has asked the government to halt the resumption of foreign travel because of the potential for unknown variants. 
Should we just go full blown Meiji Japan at this point and close to all external influence or something? At what point will a virus which experts believe will never leave us be deemed not likely to mutate? 
If you cant do what you love, if you cant see the people you love, but its alright to go to work and not do anything, thats not living. 

how does f**k off sound Phillipa?

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They are absolute psychopaths. Whitford in particular has taken Sridhar's cult of personality to heart something awful. It's verging on mental illness at this point.

As for those voting Green - do you actually know what they stand for, other than it sounding nice on the outside? They are genuinely insane. But if a world of veganism, car-shaming, extremely limited aviation and international travel replaced by 'holidaying' in your own suburbs is your thing - crack on I guess.

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

They are absolute psychopaths. Whitford in particular has taken Sridhar's cult of personality to heart something awful. It's verging on mental illness at this point.

As for those voting Green - do you actually know what they stand for, other than it sounding nice on the outside? They are genuinely insane. But if a world of veganism, car-shaming, extremely limited aviation and international travel replaced by 'holidaying' in your own suburbs is your thing - crack on I guess.

Aye, but FREEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMM

44 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Perhaps Whitford and the Lib Dem can tell us what they think is an acceptable level of coronavirus in the rest of the world before travel can resume. They won't, though - you never get a clear answer out these people and they will be quite happy to say "31st of July" before volleying the can further down the road once that date approaches, because UnKowN VaRIaNtz!!!!1

It's also not as if unrestrained foreign travel is coming back any time soon. There are numerous countries that we simply cannot enter at the moment, or have in place measures that deter the vast majority of British travellers. Similarly, coming back into the UK is also problematic in a lot of cases due to quarantine and/or testing reasons, not to mention 10 nights at your own expense in Scotland. These measures deter most people of working age, whose employment is incompatible with such measures. 

These freaks are just squeezing the last possible dregs of political capital out of "WE CARE MORE" type pearl clutching before the entire population is vaccinated and everything is opened back up and absolutely nothing happens. They should be shunned and not given any media exposure. 

Unfortunately, they will no doubt take encouragement from getting retweeted by Sturgeon and Sridhar