Coronavirus (COVID-19)

When the daily briefings were on, these things were asked (in some cases as hypotheticals because we hadn’t yet reached this point). 
Nicola Sturgeon almost always answered with words along the lines of “I make no apologies for keeping people safe”.  It’s the sort of emotive language that’s designed to prevent argument and debate. 

A major issue with the daily briefings was that the journalists were allowed one question then they moved on. There was no debate. The politician or advisors answer was final and we were supposed to take that as gospel.

20 minutes ago, Elric said:

.  Why are we, the majority,  constantly being hammered for the actions of a minority?  With the SG it appears if you are in a minority everything will be done for you but if you are in the majority then f**k you no one cares about you but give us your vote anyway.

https://www.conservatives.com/join

Is this how they will be pivoting to 'vaccine-induced endemicity' - by claiming it's actually 'almost eliminated'! Weirdos.

"The big unknown for now, is physical distancing. What are we going to do with physical distancing in September, or December? When you start to reduce physical distancing, you've got to have the virus almost eliminated in your country to make it safe."

True, but it's very convenient that all these trials are taking place in England.
Clear to see that SG would be quite content to allow England to do all the leg work.
I'm not sure it matters where. There's a hell of a lot of work involved with all the contact detail gathering and controlled monitored testing pre and post event.

A major issue with the daily briefings was that the journalists were allowed one question then they moved on. There was no debate. The politician or advisors answer was final and we were supposed to take that as gospel.
The biggest issue was the inane questioning in the first place !

30 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

That’s my problem with it. Journalists have questioned dates v data and what not, but they’re given a generic answer and then they move on. The format is useless

47 minutes ago, Steven W said:

True, but it's very convenient that all these trials are taking place in England.

Clear to see that SG would be quite content to allow England to do all the leg work.

They are taking place in England because the Scottish Government has no interest in anything that might accelerate the road map. They are happy with the current restrictions. 

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
34 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

The biggest issue was the inane questioning in the first place !

There is that too.

It's easy to get annoyed when journalists never ask questions that you think are important, but some of the stuff they asked (essentially wasting their opportunity) was just incredible.

Was really weird to watch the SG essentially go completely unchallenged for 12 months, despite having journalists asking them questions immediately following their briefings 5 days a week.

See when these utter sociopaths come out with these statements - what is the actual endgame, then? How do we ever return to pre-pandemic life in the eyes of these people? And as has been touched on, why do journalists not press them on these baseless assumptions? Surely they too want to return to meaningful life. I never thought I would despise so many 'scientists' before, but I do. They're not normal human beings.

A government adviser has warned the public not to rely solely on the vaccine as a means of bringing an end to the pandemic.

Professor Peter Openshaw, a member of the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group, described the vaccine as "one of the tools in our toolbox".

But he told the Andrew Marr show: "It is absolutely vital that we don't think there's just one thing that's going to save us all.

"We really do know that lockdown works - and that public events, mass events, will feed the spread of the virus."

He added: "We mustn't take our concentration off that and think that just by vaccinating we are going to be out of the situation."

See when these utter sociopaths come out with these statements - what is the actual endgame, then? How do we ever return to pre-pandemic life in the eyes of these people? And as has been touched on, why do journalists not press them on these baseless assumptions? Surely they too want to return to meaningful life. I never thought I would despise so many 'scientists' before, but I do. They're not normal human beings.
A government adviser has warned the public not to rely solely on the vaccine as a means of bringing an end to the pandemic.
Professor Peter Openshaw, a member of the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group, described the vaccine as "one of the tools in our toolbox".
But he told the Andrew Marr show: "It is absolutely vital that we don't think there's just one thing that's going to save us all.
"We really do know that lockdown works - and that public events, mass events, will feed the spread of the virus."
He added: "We mustn't take our concentration off that and think that just by vaccinating we are going to be out of the situation."

What "situation" are we in when no one is being admitted to hospital because of covid?

12 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Just got round to reading about this, holy fck. Safety of the car parks 🤣  about 100 cars at the likes of Ayr U, half of which are players/staff/directors etc, yet you can ram into a heaving Sillverburn/Braehead car park no questions asked. One way systems as well? Even the supermarkets have ditched this nonsense. Why the hell is he still allowed to spout this garbage 

4 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

surely once people have had 2 vaccinations they can go back to normal living , whats the delay in saying that?

Or is their some good reason why its still a risk, I haven't seen anything to suggest that it can be a risk unless I have completely missed that

Once the elderly/vulnerable have been double dosed we should be back to normal. Fcking nonsense waiting until ever last fit and healthy 18 year old is double dosed before we go back to normal living 

I was quite prepared to give Leitch the benefit of the doubt but with him talking about no away fans until the end of NEXT fucking season I'm pretty much done.
If I was in charge of a lower league club, I'd be canvassing support from other chairmen about simply opening up and allowing people to come to games and let the Leitch and the others attempt to close me down if they think they can.
I am genuinely coming to that conclusion because further delay is intolerable.
We can always close the grounds again in winter if there's a surge in deaths/hospitalisations.
I think we're going to have to seize control of this out of the hands of these unelected advisors as members of the public and maybe we've reached that point. I wonder if we are at the point where mass civil disobedience is needed to get the change we want. This is the Poll Tax all over again.

I see Raab has just said there is every chance SD will continue beyond 21 June and should not be thought of as a "restriction". Utter nonsense.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

I see Raab has just said there is every chance SD will continue beyond 21 June and should not be thought of as a "restriction". Utter nonsense.

This is the sort of indirect simping that does no one any favours on here. The discussion is about the Scottish Government and their advisors and you've posted about Raab.

At least the English have had thousands at cup ties. We're nowhere near that.

There should be a few thousand minimum at the OF game this afternoon.

Once the elderly/vulnerable have been double dosed we should be back to normal. Fcking nonsense waiting until ever last fit and healthy 18 year old is double dosed before we go back to normal living 
Relax - clubs like Ayr will not be affected come June never mind August. Leitch was talking about clubs presenting a case to their local council to allow crowds over 2000. It's still bollox but Ayr should be fine as things stand.

This is the sort of indirect simping that does no one any favours on here. The discussion is about the Scottish Government and their advisors and you've posted about Raab.
At least the English have had thousands at cup ties. We're nowhere near that.
There should be a few thousand minimum at the OF game this afternoon.
Whit !!!

This thread is simply for Scottish Govt lead discussion. I never knew we had gained independence.

UKG stating SD should not be seen as a restriction and you think that's an irrelevant distraction. Wow !

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Whit !!!

This thread is simply for Scottish Govt lead discussion. I never knew we had gained independence.

UKG stating SD should not be seen as a restriction and you think that's an irrelevant distraction. Wow !

In the context of the post you replied to it is an irrelevant distraction, yes. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Relax - clubs like Ayr will not be affected come June never mind August. Leitch was talking about clubs presenting a case to their local council to allow crowds over 2000. It's still bollox but Ayr should be fine as things stand.

I can see the SG going down the route of "until every last club is allowed full capacity, then nobody is" Pretty much like the bollocks nobody is safe until everyone is safe.