Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Why is crowd capacity at level zero being delegated to LAs and what have LAs said on the matter ?

Leitch can spout all the keich he wants but my understanding is rightly or wrongly capacity come August will be totally at the mercy of the relevant council. In that scenario surely LAs will be busting a gut to let as many in as possible (guidelines ???) given the financial benefits to the local economy a matchday brings.

Has any club even announced a willingness to apply to the LA for crowds above the 2k guidelines as they are perfectly entitled to do so ?

ETA all this will be moot if the UKG lift all restrictions on 21 June. That's the real key here as Scotland, NI and Wales will have little option but to follow suit.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
Has anyone else noticed a lot less folk wearing masks in shops now? Was in Asda yesterday morning and there was definitely a few more maskless than before.

Morrisons here still has 2 guys on the door enforcing it at all times. No mask no entry without the exemption lanyard thing although to be fair they do give you one for free if you have forgotten it. Big issue here is we are a one supermarket town unfortunately.

I’ve never seen anything like that in Inverness, in any of the big supermarket chains.  Possibly just the store manager bring overly cautious.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
For the first time in my life I'll be voting for someone other than the SNP next week. The platforming of Leitch and The Guys is the main reason for that.
No idea who to give my constituency vote to, but I cannot endorse the last 12-18 months by putting a cross in the box next to Sturgeon's name.

Unless you're in her constituency, I don't think her name will be there?

Hadn't thought of that - aw wait I am in her constituency and my heid doesn't button up the back

I’ve never seen anything like that in Inverness, in any of the big supermarket chains.  Possibly just the store manager bring overly cautious.
No idea if it's store or company policy but been like that since day 1. We still have clicker monitoring of capacity and queuing at peak times too ( was massive last weekend as store is at the beach) but as I said we are a one supermarket town.

Its not that awful long ago folk in this thread were queing to to call a tory anyone who said "we are relying on England to drive the loosening of restrictions"

I wonder how much longer anyone can hold that view. 

Also, I am taking my oldest to a birthday party later. Parents wont be staying obviously, as that would be too many households but my question is...

How will I ensure I dont kill my family or murder a pensioner in cold blood when I am parking the car?

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Our Tesco has the security guard monitoring you on the way in for masks. 

1 hour ago, stuart87 said:

The big thing for me is no one seems to ask these advisors or politicians why.

Why do we have to continue social distancing and wearing masks when we are all vaccinated?

Why do restrictions have to continue when there are only 67 people in hospital with COVID?

Why can we not speed up the opening up process?

Why are fans not allowed back in stadiums for the last few weeks of the season when numbers are so low?

When the daily briefings were on, these things were asked (in some cases as hypotheticals because we hadn’t yet reached this point). 

Nicola Sturgeon almost always answered with words along the lines of “I make no apologies for keeping people safe”.  It’s the sort of emotive language that’s designed to prevent argument and debate. 

36 minutes ago, Scosha said:

What worries me most about Leitch’s comments is that if he’s talking about distancing at the football, then surely the SG are considering just keeping social distancing in place for the foreseeable? Hopefully England’s actions force their hands. 

Didn't the SG say last week that SD would only be relaxed anytime in the forseeable for "flagship events of International Significance" ?

Obviously this doesn't include the Euros because that's for the plebs. Boris has likely told her that there must be no SD in place for COP26.

Mate went to a pub/restaurant on Friday. You have to come in the main door and walk through the restaurant area to get to the drinking marquee and come back the way if you want to go to the toilet,  They had to sit with a soft drink while eating their meal while a few yards away people were chucking booze down their throats. Just how the f**k can Sturgeon and her motley crew justify this?  

On a side note I saw in the paper yesterday that there are hopes that the minimum price per unit for alcohol will rise to 65p per unit.  Why are we, the majority,  constantly being hammered for the actions of a minority?  With the SG it appears if you are in a minority everything will be done for you but if you are in the majority then f**k you no one cares about you but give us your vote anyway.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its not that awful long ago folk in this thread were queing to to call a tory anyone who said "we are relying on England to drive the loosening of restrictions"

Also, I am taking my oldest to a birthday party later. Parents wont be staying obviously, as that would be too many households but my question is...

How will I ensure I dont kill my family or murder a pensioner in cold blood when I am parking the car?

Park in a supermarket carpark. Only car parks at football stadiums pose a safety threat.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Even now if you question any decision or lack of decision on twitter with NS or JL etc you absolutely do get labelled a ‘tory’ or a ‘yoon’. Look the tories absolutely fucked their response to the start of this pandemic and fluked the ‘we’re pannicked so just buy lots of every vaccine’ strategy, but they are the only ones currently giving any semblance of an idea as to when this will end. JL on twitter this weekend with more absolute nonsense is just a complete farce, get this c**t so far to f**k with his ‘talk to us all like naughty children’ approach to public health messaging. 

Even now if you question any decision or lack of decision on twitter with NS or JL etc you absolutely do get labelled a ‘tory’ or a ‘yoon’. Look the tories absolutely fucked their response to the start of this pandemic and fluked the ‘we’re pannicked so just buy lots of every vaccine’ strategy, but they are the only ones currently giving any semblance of an idea as to when this will end. JL on twitter this weekend with more absolute nonsense is just a complete farce, get this c**t so far to f**k with his ‘talk to us all like naughty children’ approach to public health messaging. 
Said before, normal, law abiding people who have enough intelligence about them to see the lack of credible risk that now exists are being turned into criminals by an over zealous deployment of emergency power. Its a total disgrace. Im a vote lost* for the SNP this week.

*sigh.... Yes I know it doesnt really make any difference before the defend at any cost types steam in

49 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, Steven W said:

These are not "English" trials. They are UKG trials and therefore the data they provide is freely available to all devolved authorities. Scotland, Wales and NI do not need to be hosting trial events.

True, but it's very convenient that all these trials are taking place in England.

Clear to see that SG would be quite content to allow England to do all the leg work.

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Has anyone else noticed a lot less folk wearing masks in shops now? Was in Asda yesterday morning and there was definitely a few more maskless than before.

I’ve been round Asda without a mask before and not a word was said on entry by the covid enforcer in high-vis.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Said before, normal, law abiding people who have enough intelligence about them to see the lack of credible risk that now exists are being turned into criminals by an over zealous deployment of emergency power. Its a total disgrace. Im a vote lost* for the SNP this week.

*sigh.... Yes I know it doesnt really make any difference before the defend at any cost types steam in

It's a pity we won't get to find out, but I don't know which would be more amusing. The look of bewilderment on the likes of NS's face or the absolute meltdown from the ÜberNats if the SNP take a hammering on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's a pity we won't get to find out, but I don't know which would be more amusing. The look of bewilderment on the likes of NS's face or the absolute meltdown from the ÜberNats if the SNP take a hammering on Thursday.

We wont. And so we will remain with a choice of whether to break the law and have a life, or respect the law and just exist. 

And even those of us who disregard the nonsense of clowns like Leitch and go back to behaving like normal human beings will still have to sit back and watch friends and family lose their livelihoods on the bonfire of common sense the SNP seem intent on having. 

Edited by Bairnardo