Coronavirus (COVID-19)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jason-leitch-forewarns-the-big-24019105

And yet on any given day some supermarkets will have more people, inside,  in them than there will be in some of the 2nd division grounds which are open to fresh air

Just tell us we should be in permanent lockdown, all businesses and industries can fold, no travel, no drink, no enjoying yourself unless you go to church.  It would appear that all the efforts going into vaccinations and been futile and a complete waste of time and money.  It is time this arsehole and his sidekicks were properly challenged in the supposed Adult Conversation we were promised. 

Edited by Elric

The overly cautious, "keep everyone safe at all costs" approach from the SG is farcical and it is arrogance in the extreme. 
None of us actively want to see anyone become ill or die, but most rational  people can see that may happen. You cannot stop death, diseases and viruses are a fact of life. 
Leitch and his ilk seem to think they can prevent death through massively disruptive restrictions that will destroy our economy and society.  
Why the SG allow their advisors to go on main stream media and run their mouths about what will happen is beyond me.
Its absolute diddy behaviour tbh. Leitch clearly hasnt considered that these are emergency powers, or he doesnt understand what an emergency is. They should be removed at the earliest opportunity and in the meantime, this idiot should be removed from the discourse

The Leitch comments are pretty much the worst-case scenario that we’ve been fearing for some time.

A complete nonsense. I’d love to think he’s thinking only about Celtic Park and Ibrox when he’s considering logistics, and not Albion v Annan in front of 178 people. But we’ve no real option but to take him at his word on that - I don’t buy into any idea that big bad Jason is keeping us all locked down because he’s some kind of zero Covid zealot, he’s pretty much a mouthpiece and will be parroting current thinking. It’s alarming.

There are clear gaps between what the UK Gov is saying - social distancing ending, events coming back, theatre shows in training etc - and their actions - Euros final ‘maybe’ 50% capacity, theatres planning for 50% capacity, etc. But currently in Scotland the words are shite and so are the actions. We’ll wet ourselves in September or October and fans will be barred again.

The big thing for me is no one seems to ask these advisors or politicians why.

Why do we have to continue social distancing and wearing masks when we are all vaccinated?

Why do restrictions have to continue when there are only 67 people in hospital with COVID?

Why can we not speed up the opening up process?

Why are fans not allowed back in stadiums for the last few weeks of the season when numbers are so low?

Has leitch been to a football match before? He’s ridiculously over complicating sitting/standing outside.  

Travel restrictions  are gone, so that removes any worry of away fans. 

We are meant to be in level 0 by the end of June.    If we aren’t looking to remove all restrictions shortly after in time for the new season where everyone has had there first dose and only the healthiest young adults haven’t been 2nd dosed then what’s the fucking point?  

The problem with levelling any sort of criticism at Leitch or the SG as evident in the prior tweet, is that you get lumped in with the biggest moon howling anti vaxxers in society. 

Most of us on here who are fucking irritated at him and his ongoing shite are certainly not anti vaccines and I'd say most were understanding of restrictions and lockdowns when they were needed. The time for restrictions being required to the extent they are is long since passed though 

I can't bring myself to enjoy criticism of him from the 'all our children are being injected with cancer' mob any more than I can stomach the 'we just don't know' lot who rally around him and thank him for keeping us safe like complete fucking morons. 

It’s been said a few times but I feel it needs brought up again. The advisor ‘team’ the SG have gone for is imbalanced. Where’s the economist amongst them? All I can see are two under qualified morons who want to keep businesses closed for another 3 weeks yet, and even when opened, have to open with reduced hours. And one of said two actually thinks the vaccines won’t work against future variants.

Another one in the eye here for the blatant lies that this was to protect the NHS.. There are less than 70 people in hospital and are around a dozen in ICU. If this is enough to concern let alone overwhelm the healthcare system then serious questions need to be asked of Scotgov's handling of it, given the substantial portion of the budget that's allocated there. 

But of course that's not the case at all and we all know it. It's that the goalposts are continously shifted by a government that doesn't want to have the adult conversation it promised and is terrified of loosening restrictions owing to predictions of doom from its publicity-seeking preferred advisor despite all the available evidence that the vaccines work. 

That are continue to get away with this shite they serve us is criminal. Then you have that p***k Leitch spouting more jam tomorrow empty promises about football matches, including yet  more odious "safety" theatre. 

That were are reduced to Sridhar desperately pointing at India and claiming this is what will happen here of we are not careful is beyond parody. It could well happen here, I guess, except the UK isn't India, where:

- The vast, vast majority of the population hasnt been vaccinated

- Healthcare is well below Western standards and is not accessible to the entire population 

- 86 million people live in extreme poverty

- Millions of people mixed freely at state-sanctioned religious festivals 

Edited by Michael W

53 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The big concern for me is that leitch, devi are key government advisors.    They have a platform to spout utter shite that is taken as gospel by the media and relayed accordingly to the general population.    Just look at the idiot Devi being called out for deliberately lying about vaccine efficacy a couple of weeks ago, a thing she should again have been sacked for.  She went in a little huff instead.

I can only coclude that the SG are of the same belief as those two moon units and that they're acting at the SG behest to continue spouting drivel which is a truly worrying situation.    As far as I can see the SG seem quite willing and satisfied to continue to have draconian restrictions on peoples lives, destroy entire sections of the economy  in order to keep people safe.  Keep who safe exactly?  A population that already has the most vulnerable vaccinated.  It's truly bizarre and I really don't understand their rhetoric anymore.

Meanwhile the gullible, spoon fed by a inept, incompetent media will continue to believe the nanny state keep everyone in bubble wrap shite being spouted.   What happened to the vaccines are the way out of this?  What happened to protect the Nhs - your hospitals are empty?  What happened to restrictions won't last longer than needed?  What happened to meaningful debate and adult conversations? What happened to the science says - wait the vaccines are amazing, outside transmission isn't going to happen - ah hang on that doesn't suit our angle so f**k it?

Its beyond fucking parody it really is.

I know it will not be popular on here but a message really needs to be sent to the SG that the people of Scotland are sick of this constant nanny state shite, ever since MacAskill & his hypocritical crusade to ban alcohol, the SNP seem driven to interfere excessively with regards to Public Health. It may set Independence back for a few years but enough is enough & there needs to be a challenge to that Political Party to drop their utopian stance.

Churchill Downs looks absolutely bouncing ahead of the Kentucky Derby.
Meanwhile, in one of the most vaccinated countries on the planet, Hamilton Park will remain closed tomorrow, and until who knows when...
A third capacity was allowed at the Kentucky derby but point taken a third capacity at Hamilton today circa 5k would have been glorious. Another 2 weeks to wait yet too.

These are not "English" trials. They are UKG trials and therefore the data they provide is freely available to all devolved authorities. Scotland, Wales and NI do not need to be hosting trial events.

What worries me most about Leitch’s comments is that if he’s talking about distancing at the football, then surely the SG are considering just keeping social distancing in place for the foreseeable? Hopefully England’s actions force their hands. 

10 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Well we can't have people enjoying themselves you know.

We just don't know despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Absolute joke.

Our "quarantine" finishes on Tuesday after our second jag, quite frankly we'll be going wherever we can to wherever's open, and why more isn't open I don't know.

Lockdown was to save the NHS being overwhelmed (by Covid cases). Now that over 50% of the population is vaccinated (and the most vulnerable fully vaccinated) there is as much chance of the NHS being overwhelmed as the Dons winning the 2021 Scottish Cup.

For the first time in my life I'll be voting for someone other than the SNP next week. The platforming of Leitch and The Guys is the main reason for that.

No idea who to give my constituency vote to, but I cannot endorse the last 12-18 months by putting a cross in the box next to Sturgeon's name.

Has anyone else noticed a lot less folk wearing masks in shops now? Was in Asda yesterday morning and there was definitely a few more maskless than before.

For the first time in my life I'll be voting for someone other than the SNP next week. The platforming of Leitch and The Guys is the main reason for that.
No idea who to give my constituency vote to, but I cannot endorse the last 12-18 months by putting a cross in the box next to Sturgeon's name.
Unless you're in her constituency, I don't think her name will be there?

Has anyone else noticed a lot less folk wearing masks in shops now? Was in Asda yesterday morning and there was definitely a few more maskless than before.
Morrisons here still has 2 guys on the door enforcing it at all times. No mask no entry without the exemption lanyard thing although to be fair they do give you one for free if you have forgotten it. Big issue here is we are a one supermarket town unfortunately.