Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I don't get this bit -

"There is a real fear, that with unlocking and the May Day weekend, if individuals don't act responsibly and stick with the guidelines they could create the perfect storm in the area."

What is the perfect storm in the current situation? Vaccines are dealing with the virus at every turn and it's not as if hospitals are going to be overwhelmed any time soon.

Maybe the perfect storm will come along and sweep that silly Forres fucker Doogie Malcolm Malcolm Ross into the sea.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Im absolutely choking for a pint. Choking. Thought id be fine to wait until the 17th but theres real concern here that this craving sinply cannot be left until then

I'm away to see if I have better luck today, had a good feed at the "Wee Restaurant" in NQ now off pint hunting.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Im absolutely choking for a pint. Choking. Thought id be fine to wait until the 17th but theres real concern here that this craving sinply cannot be left until then

I'm the same, cannot be bothered with the whole hassle of booking tables etc. to get a pint but may venture out either this weekend or next early doors and try and find a quiet beer garden, these current restrictions are not helpful to the gent who just wants to sit in peace himself with a quiet pint as most places are catering for tables of four or  six

21 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'm the same, cannot be bothered with the whole hassle of booking tables etc. to get a pint but may venture out either this weekend or next early doors and try and find a quiet beer garden, these current restrictions are not helpful to the gent who just wants to sit in peace himself with a quiet pint as most places are catering for tables of four or  six

Just have to put on all of your best charm and see who will accommodate. Id like to think most establishments would welcome a gentleman of your or my calibre with their best "act daft and get a hurl" routine in full flow

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Sitting inside eating a meal = absolutely fine. 

Drinking inside = PUTTING LIVES AT RISK, SCUM. 

Think it's time we outed the peeping Toms for what they are: torn-faced grasses and the only people in Britain that hanker ambitions of being a Covid Marshall. 

Clearly no intention to have any major opening of international travel going by this development with Uni"s making representation to establish a scheme for foreign students arriving in September for the new term to avoid hotel quarantine !!!

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Overseas students could bypass Scottish hotel quarantine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56929807

9 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Shocking, don't they know Covid attacks people drinking alcohol indoors, coffee and soft drinks are fine, drinking alcohol inside is so dangerous.

More knicker wetting pish...

Have it on good authority the covid is nailed to x & a big fan of Minor Threat, Youth Of Today et al.

19 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Shocking, don't they know Covid attacks people drinking alcohol indoors, coffee and soft drinks are fine, drinking alcohol inside is so dangerous.

More knicker wetting pish...

Closing pubs did make a difference in getting infections under control in November/December. 

It also probably caused us to have a longer tail versus England. 

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Makes a mockery of those wanting the introduction of LFT/Vaccine passports for life to get back to the way it was pre March 2020. Once the elderly/vulnerable are double dosed there should be no need for mass testing etc. Its all just another way for friends of the Govt to line their pockets and to keep the Devi/JL/Simps of this world feel "safer" 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I ended up having an unplanned couple of pints of cold draft Vitamin T last Tuesday night and they were absolutely fucking glorious. 

The downside is that I am now gasping for more.

3 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I think you'll find that Dave Cormack is the more likely to fit the description "Clownshoes" in such an exchange.

I don’t doubt he went in head first and made it look like a one man crusade to save Scottish fitba, but a large part of that was because he got very little backup - so it was easy for Leitch to personalise it as the rantings of a lunatic.

I was reading an article about the covid Marshals and how their role could potentially last until 2023. Seriously what the actual fck? Cant the government and advisors  see how much impact the vaccines have had and see there is very little deaths occurring and numbers in ICU/hospital are rapidly declining. Why do they need jobsworths to tell grown adults to stay 2metres apart and sanatise their hands regularly just incase someone gets a wee cough 🙄

Edited by Thereisalight..