Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Dave Cormack speaking in definitive terms about crowds coming back in the summer in our season ticket speel.

I’d have thought him and his respective numbers might be a bit more vocal by now about demanding guarantees on numbers, or at least a “roadmap” - still dreaming of him taking Clownshoes apart live on Off the Ball.

29 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Been told that Angus Council are enforcing 9pm closures. Bizarre if true but not surprising.

Actually I am quite surprised - considering that the Council leader has a habit of conducting half his business from one of Arbroath's pubs 😂

178 new cases of COVID-19 reported

25,392 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

0.8% of these were positive

5 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

12 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (unchanged)

70 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 75 yesterday)

2,796,810 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,184,629 have received their second dose

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

45 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Dave Cormack speaking in definitive terms about crowds coming back in the summer in our season ticket speel.

He did this last season too, he's full of shite and not worth listening to.

5 deaths is a real pisser after being so low of late but still encouraging otherwise. Let pubs sell a drink, plenty of wee pubs locally that don't have beer gardens still snookered for no apparent reason that I can see.

I highly doubt we'll see any word of change in rules or bringing forward anything before the election.

But if those case/hospital figures continue to go down at their present rate we'll be averaging about 150 cases a day and be below 50 people in hospital by this time next week. I'd be hoping that shortly thereafter - maybe the following Tuesday, we'd get some more stuff brought forward assuming everything is moving on the right track.

We're currently knocking off almost 50k vaccines a day as well. Looking at the figures we need to be at about 1.25m second doses by May 1 - which we're obviously making easily - and 1.9m second doses by June 1. That means 650k to do next month, just over 20k a day.

Hopefully that means we can get back to doing 25k + first doses a day next week. That would knock off first doses for all over 40s and the majority of 30-39 year olds.

4 hours ago, 101 said:

Has anyone who has had their second dose had it much earlier than 12 weeks? My dad got his second dose after 9 weeks which seemed to early for our strategy of rattling through the first dose.

I'm getting my second vaccination (Pfizer) next Tuesday which will be 8 weeks and a day after my first. My mother got her second vaccination (AZ) last Saturday, 12 weeks to the day after her first. Both in Forth Valley. 

On 28/04/2021 at 14:31, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:  What a brilliant day as cases down another 4.69% and overall to 24.5 per 100K.  Infectivity drops again now to 1.2%.

We are now lower than England for the 1st time in weeks.  Clachs top spot to15th in 5 days !  Stirling in 23rd having also been top.  Strange to see such a rural area as Moray reaching the heady heights of 2nd. No localised outbreak just general (Tory ?) teuchters.  Also still kicking off in Upper Torysville in D&G at 564 cases per 100K     Actually D&G which was Covid free in bottom spot is about to go higher than Clachs that was top at the time !!!!

Hamlets at the ready in South Lanarkshire. Who would have thought that.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 20th April to 26th April  were 1407 now 1341 down 4.69%. Positivity was 1.3% now 1.2%.   Cases per 100k were 25.8 now 24.5

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  25.3 to 24.8 down 1.98%, England 25.2 to 24.8 down 1.59%,  Wales  12.7 to 12.3 down 3.15%, Northern Ireland 39.2 to 37.8 down 3.57% 

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 383 to 370,  Croatia 378 to 364,  Netherlands 331 to 329, France 330 to 311,  all destinations over 250 cases per 100K

Special mention for Turkey as a popular destination down to 435 from 498 but now in Lockdown, Cyprus getting even worse at 705 from 641 !!

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

North Lanarkshire 55.4 to 46.6  Back on the decline brilliant 15.88% drop.

Moray  40.7 to 45.9  Teuchters go 2nd top. how bizarre.

East Ayrshire   43.4 to 43.4

East Dunbartonshire    40.5 to 43.3  

South Ayrshire  43.5 to 37.3    Also on the decline excellent 14.25% down.

Glasgow City  39.0 to 37.3

Fife   31.9 to 32.4 

Perth & Kinross  31.6 to 28.3

West Dunbartonshire  30.4 to 28.1

Dundee City   24.1 to 27.5  Posh folk in the Ferry take it over average 

Falkirk  28.0 to 26.7 

City Of Edinburgh   26.1 to 26.5   

Under Scottish Average club 24.5

East Renfrewshire   16.7 to 24.1  Poor day

Renfrewshire   26.2 to 23.5  Down 10% below average again.

Clackmannanshire   31.0 to 21.3  Disappearing down the charts again. Today 31.29% and under average.

Dumfries & Galloway  18.1 to 20.8  Scotland's most dangerous neighbourhood. Upper Nithsdale 564.4 !!!

South Lanarkshire  24.6 to 20.3  Brilliant smell the Cigars down 17.48%

The  🚬 Club Sub 20.0

North Ayrshire  21.5 to 19.3   Light up again

West Lothian   18.0 to 18.0

Aberdeen City  15.3 to 14.0

Inverclyde  15.4 to 12.9

East Lothian   11.2 to 12.1   

Stirling 11.7 to 9.6

Highlands    7.2 to 6.8

Argyll & Bute  8.2 to 5.8

Aberdeenshire   7.3 to 5.7

Orkney Island  4.5 to 4.5  1 Case

Angus   3.4 to 4.3    

Scottish  Borders 0.9 to 2.6  

Midlothian  2.2 to 2.2   2 Cases 

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

Western Isles   0.0 to 0.0

Edited by superbigal

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

I’d have thought him and his respective numbers might be a bit more vocal by now about demanding guarantees on numbers, or at least a “roadmap” - still dreaming of him taking Clownshoes apart live on Off the Ball.

One club speaking is no use

They all need to in the same way as they will all follow the social media boycott at the weekend (despite a club meeting deciding not to and then being overruled by the SPFL so we have to do it)

The SFA clearly are not interested just now , thats been clear from listening to Broadfoot on Radio Scotland now they have the crowds for the Euros 

I believe Saints have a plan to sell tickets by stand rather than seat for the initial part of the season but with infections falling and vaccination rates so high there is no reason not to have crowds of 5000 plus come the start of the Premier Sports league cup in July. Anything less is a complete failure.

Just went for a haircut and a walk through town. Busiest places by far the beer gardens and seating areas outside pubs. Must admit if I could’ve found a seat at one I’d have left the car and had a good scoop today.

Out on Saturday for a few though thankfully.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/apr/28/crime-against-humanity-arundhati-roy-india-covid-catastrophe

A Long Read about the current disaster in India. The part about the government announcing a lockdown with 4 hours notice and huge numbers of migrant workers with no income having to walk hundreds of miles back to their villages with large numbers of them dying en route is devastating.

58 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Strange to see such a rural area as Moray reaching the heady heights of 2nd. No localised outbreak just general (Tory ?) teuchters. 

Can't vote if you're self isolating :thumsup2

Seeing things like this irritates me somewhat. There should be no need for Scotland to "test" small, socially distanced outdoor crowds in a few months time when data from the likes of this will be available.

34 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Moray causing a flap.

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Concerns over 'surging cases' in Moray
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-56927421

BTW - get a test if you have the skitters ???

Typical excuse.

Cos we were always good up to now we are more susceptible.

I reckon Joanna's has been reopened on the fly.

Moray causing a flap.

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Concerns over 'surging cases' in Moray
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-56927421

BTW - get a test if you have the skitters ???
I don't get this bit -

"There is a real fear, that with unlocking and the May Day weekend, if individuals don't act responsibly and stick with the guidelines they could create the perfect storm in the area."

What is the perfect storm in the current situation? Vaccines are dealing with the virus at every turn and it's not as if hospitals are going to be overwhelmed any time soon.

3 hours ago, anotherchance said:

I think you'll find that Dave Cormack is the more likely to fit the description "Clownshoes" in such an exchange.