Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Well the odds are stacked against you and the rest of us on that front, due to an attitude of outright snobbery towards those who enjoy such things, IMO. Despite the #data

Perhaps but there is no accounting for businesses deciding to shut early, I would out in Edinburgh the night before and that was ruined by Scotrail.

Roll on normality after the election and the new government coming in.

In better news Spain are holding test events in May with the hope of getting tourists back in June I assume a lot will hang on the EU ruling if you need a vaccine passport to travel and if that requires 2 doses, if so could rule out significant proportions of young people.

In better news Spain are holding test events in May with the hope of getting tourists back in June I assume a lot will hang on the EU ruling if you need a vaccine passport to travel and if that requires 2 doses, if so could rule out significant proportions of young people.
Would that mean if we wanted to go on a family holiday we'd need to leave the kids behind? Result!

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I don't know why they don't just invent a combo-jab that protects you against everything.

Medical records show that where a mix of pancuronium bromide and potassium chloride has been administered, the typical subject has contracted ZERO diseases over the subsequent decade. Why don't the authorities want this to be more widely used? Control, people. They use fear of disease to keep us in line. 

24 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, 101 said:

Would that mean if we wanted to go on a family holiday we'd need to leave the kids behind? Result!

Haha! Depends how old they are I guess under 16 you will be fine between 18 & 16 it depends what the EU rule is the age for vaccination passports, probably 18 in all likelihood.

20 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Here we go............ 

image.png.f47ab5e7deb327ee70a695eeb18faa87.png

Head in hands stuff, this. No vaccine gives 100% protection. 4 cases out of how many vaccinated? 

"Worryingly" - no, not worrying. Plus, no details on if these people were hospitalised or died, or just tested positive,

Head in hands stuff, this. No vaccine gives 100% protection. 4 cases out of how many vaccinated? 
"Worryingly" - no, not worrying. Plus, no details on if these people were hospitalised or died, or just tested positive,
This is whats highly annoying about all of this. And your opinion is likely to be shouted down by Ur YoU a ViRoLoGiSt LiKe??? types, but the issue isnt that its happened. The experts can and will study that, its the pish poor reporting of it thats been rife throughout the seemingly never ending fear campaign. Ask no questions, seek no details, just fire it out in a punchy wee tweet.

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Wow. That London stat is incredible. So far behind!!!

TBH, I think Scotland is actually doing pretty well at the moment. Wales aren't that far ahead.

I was looking at the Scottish stats and noticed Glasgow and Edinburgh lagging for first doses. I've just assumed that it's because 'major' cities have a higher proportion of their population in the age groups yet to be vaccinated - probably way off the mark though.

If the people that got it become seriously unwell, I'll worry about this development. 4 cases is a tiny sample and at any rate Israel does continue to report a small number of cases a day, of which at least a few must be amongst the vaccinated. 

Until serious illness is reported, this is yet more sensationalism. We know the vaccines don't stop every case (even of a non-variant) - the trial data told us that! 

Edited by Michael W

There will be concern about the Indian variant because of how out of control Covid is in India. Would we be as concerned if India was in the position the UK was with vaccines?

Probably not.

Has anyone who has had their second dose had it much earlier than 12 weeks? My dad got his second dose after 9 weeks which seemed to early for our strategy of rattling through the first dose.

15 minutes ago, 101 said:

Has anyone who has had their second dose had it much earlier than 12 weeks? My dad got his second dose after 9 weeks which seemed to early for our strategy of rattling through the first dose.

I got mine 10 weeks apart.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is a very big reaction to a news snippet that specifically includes a caveat that these don't mean the vaccine isn't effective.

Is this your first time on this thread mate?

My wife is due hers on Monday, just over 9 weeks since her first.