Coronavirus (COVID-19)

27 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hibs will be doing a ballot per game for those that renew/buy season tickets for home games next season.

So you could go to watch Hibs play Livingston at home but miss out the next home game against Hearts for example. 

Why should fans miss out though? Serious question. Outdoor transmission is less than 1% according to reports and those most likely to die or get seriously ill from covid will be vaccinated. What are they waiting for? Apart from variants! or “we just don’t know, so we’ll be safe rather than sorry” 😑

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why should fans miss out though? Serious question. Outdoor transmission is less than 1% according to reports and those most likely to die or get seriously ill from covid will be vaccinated. What are they waiting for? Apart from variants! or “we just don’t know, so we’ll be safe rather than sorry” 😑

Grounds should have the majority of fans back in stadium at least by the end of summer. 

The thought of say, a few thousand people rattling about a sanitised derby and those absolute whoppers making it seem like we should be somehow grateful about that prospect, is yet another tragic delusion on their part.

5 hours ago, Elixir said:

The thought of say, a few thousand people rattling about a sanitised derby and those absolute whoppers making it seem like we should be somehow grateful about that prospect, is yet another tragic delusion on their part.

Those few thousand will have sit through 90mins of a 0-0 draw tbf. 

What do we think they will announce later today? 

Would love a simple question about why hospitality us opening up (and I am including the next relaxation in May in this)  with more restrictions than it opened with last July. 

All the vulnerable people have been vaccinated. Maybe I am too stupid but I just can't see a justifiable reason for this. 

Not one. 

10 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

‘Everyone visiting a hospitality setting must remain at least 1 metre apart from the next person, unless from the same household or a carer.’

That is probably the worst rule yet of these new restrictions. But you can sit in a church with 50 people or walk around a shop without any issues :lol: 

Would not be surprised if any venues ignore that shocking rule. The SG couldn’t give a toss about the hospitality industry. 

You have to be 2m apart in a place of worship.

You're not sat next to people for hours in a shop.

Indoor hospitality is opening weeks before other UK nations.

There are hundreds of examples of the SG not doing enough of introducing "shocking rules" you really don't have to embellish them.

Nothing new unless I've missed something.
It'll presumably just be confirmation of what we already know about the 26th April.
Patience is being seriously stretched at the moment. I understand people are more risk averse than me but I can't put into words how much I loathe those people restricting my choices considering the lack of hospitalisations and deaths. Legally forced mask wearing is the big one for me. I'm close to butchering someone with a blunt pencil over that one.
Cant go to football, cant travel out the country, no gigs or theatres and your going Tonto over having to wear a wee bit of cloth over your gub for the 1hr a week you might be in a shop. All about priorities I suppose !!!

10 hours ago, madwullie said:

Anyone know if hospital visiting rules are likely to change in the next batch of relaxations? 

Unfortunately still says "at least 1 person" so worth calling the hospital until the hospital is in Level 1 restrictions when it's "at least 2 people" and level 0 is back to normal albeit probably still requirements for test and protect to have your details and the like.

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Would hope so. You are probably looking at the 1 person, 1 hour a day scenario unless it’s for end of life care.

Yeah me too. 

End of life care is currently allowed at Wishaw. Thankfully that's not why I need to visit. 

I have read that down south each hospital has its own rules but I'm unsure if up here it's the same or its a blanket guideline 

41 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Would love a simple question about why hospitality us opening up (and I am including the next relaxation in May in this)  with more restrictions than it opened with last July. 

All the vulnerable people have been vaccinated. Maybe I am too stupid but I just can't see a justifiable reason for this. 

Not one. 

All about power - do not allow people to think for themselves - do as I say.

Yeah me too. 
End of life care is currently allowed at Wishaw. Thankfully that's not why I need to visit. 
I have read that down south each hospital has its own rules but I'm unsure if up here it's the same or its a blanket guideline 

Not sure what other health-board policies were but that was what Fife had in place. I presumed it was the same across the whole of Scotland.

23 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
It'll presumably just be confirmation of what we already know about the 26th April.
Patience is being seriously stretched at the moment. I understand people are more risk averse than me but I can't put into words how much I loathe those people restricting my choices considering the lack of hospitalisations and deaths. Legally forced mask wearing is the big one for me. I'm close to butchering someone with a blunt pencil over that one.

Cant go to football, cant travel out the country, no gigs or theatres and your going Tonto over having to wear a wee bit of cloth over your gub for the 1hr a week you might be in a shop. All about priorities I suppose !!!

As I've said many times before, for staff in retail and hospitality it isn't "an hour a week"

Consider them when discusing the enforced wearing of masks, which do little.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Tbf I feel similar. I don't want to go to the football, travel, go to gigs, theatres or do a multitude of other things whilst wearing a mask so for me until the mask requirement is lifted I won't be doing these things anyway. I realise that's maybe a minority view but there we are. And that's without even going into wearing one for 12 hours a day at work (despite spending that whole time in close proximity to the same people and therefore it probably being useless anyway).