Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Lyle, i get your point, but, you have to agree, we just dont know... we really dont. 

The worst I’ve had this year was a blocked nose at the start of December. Since then I’ve had no other ailments. Usually I’m choked with the cold from November-February.

So, is today the day that the numbers in hospital drop below 100? Would be a great barrier to get through.  

Wife is still convinced we're all doomed and we'll be like this for the next year. Her latest is that our booked Centre Parcs holiday in late November will be restricted and we'll only get in the fancy pool once in our visit - get that right to f...! 

Devi on Breakfast time spreading woe again. Sturgeon will have us back into lockdown after the election.

These “experts” are worried about the imminent drying up of their daily paid appearances on news channels, column inches and large social media followings. Already talk of JVT ending up on strictly come dancing.

Something tells me Sturgeon is still shiteing it, retweeting a story from a Daily Record editorial which looked like it was written at crayon aimed towards the sort of people who are gullible enough to donate to the Cairo go fund me. Basically dont expect restrictions on travel to end anytime soon. Hopefully the UK gv’t forces her hand. 

Last year's Cheltenham Festival must have been held indoors for some reason.
i think its best not to pay much attention to this revisionism or goalpost shifting and just focus on crossing the finishing line.
I've never been convinced SAGE are independent and prefer the truth even if its tough than being told something someone thinks you want to hear. I think most of us now have a pretty decent bullshit filter on the subject.
We are all getting vaccinated, its around 60% of the population now and any need for restrictions should be binned once the over 50's and vulnerable have received their second jag. We can't live like this forever, its f**king depressing. Once the leaderships get the confidence that sports and music events create minimal or no infectious outbreaks due to people being vaccinated then they should allow increases, there shouldn't be any more excuses. I'm hoping this time next year we have attendances at sports events back to normal and packed venues with no virus outbreaks.

While it’s true that virus rates in the Cheltenham area were higher than other parts of England during the early stages of the pandemic, there is absolutely no evidence that the festival itself was a super spreader event.

We didn’t have the testing capacity to understand whether actual festival attendees were more likely to become infected.

Also, even if they were, that doesn’t necessarily mean that transmission took place outside. Cheltenham attendees may be outdoors by day, but they pack into the town’s bars, restaurants and nightclubs by night. Those settings may well have led to transmission more so than the event itself.

18 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

image.thumb.png.a5766775c3295eee2ad46f5c97a79e64.png

Clearly hating every minute of her increased media profile.

Proof, if proof was needed, that for the likes of Sridhar, Covid has become a game.

Constant focus on Covid, Covid, and nothing but Covid, has created a tunnel vision where nothing other than getting covid to zero matters to them.

It's up to NS to pop her wee bubble, but I don't see any desire for her to do so.

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Well that's your opinion,  there's going to be public inquiries into this and the whole complete mess and hopefully it will be impartial and not politically influenced.

I have my doubts.

Those bits in bold alone indicate you will be reluctant to accept anything that suggests transmission at the racecourse was minimal at best, though.

I think it will be impossible to ever pinpoint exactly where an infection occurred, especially in a large outdoor gathering.

Personally i'm more interested currently in studies into whether the vaccines prevent the vast majority of serious illness (they appear to), whether they greatly reduce the risk of transmission (they appear to), and what this means for being able to re-classify Covid-19 as an ILI that, whilst it will still kill some people, can be viewed in the same light as other viruses that do the same, and we can all get on with enjoying the things we each like to do in life.

Continued worrying about numbers of positive tests whilst next to no-one is actually getting ill is starting to grate as it looks like the only people who can't see where this is heading are those with the power to do anything about it.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

She’s living completely rent free in some of your heads.

I’m loving the rage she engenders. I can almost see the wee vein at the side of your foreheads throbbing whenever she is on TV.  Absolutely glorious.

I sympathise with those absolute raging at her tbh.

If she was some weirdo chiming up then you could easily go "aye, ok hen"

But she is an advisor close to NS, and NS has said in the past she listens very closely to what she says.

Thankfully borders are reserved, and Scots will be able to leave the UK as and when the UK Gov decide. Scottish holidaymakers won't be left behind, but the Scottish aviation, travel and tourism sector might.

It's not an issue currently, as the UK border is closed, but it will be interesting to see which way NS pivots once that changes.