Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Weirdo ????

You don't think he might just be a prop for an advert.

ETA just seen him on the full tv advert, I'd suggest he's an actor ! Get a grip of yourself with the "weirdo" accusations ffs.

Calm down, man, it was a pretty clear joke (though seemingly a poor one) at the expense of the rightous brigade that think everyone else is flouting restrictions whilst they are obeying them. That advert is exactly the sort of stuff they come out with. 

Step daughter works for East Ayrshire Council and they have been given a heads up that the plans for restriction easing for 26th are being brought forward.

To when? The only large difference made would be if brought forward to Monday, but even then most places wouldn’t be ready.

26 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Step daughter works for East Ayrshire Council and they have been given a heads up that the plans for restriction easing for 26th are being brought forward.

How would that work? Nowhere will be able to open on short notice.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How would that work? Nowhere will be able to open on short notice.

Wouldn't put it past the SG to come out on Tuesday and say "data allows it so crack on with the reopenings with immediate effect" fully in the knowledge that many businesses are planning towards the 26th anyway so won't bother actually opening until then.

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Maybe more likely that some elements from further down the line are brought forward?

Yeah surely it’s more likely that things like meeting another household indoors are brought forward to April 26th rather than allowing non-essential shops to open a week earlier with zero notice on Monday?

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:
1200 religious leaders saying how decisive the vaccine passports would be. I dont often agree with religious types but they're right on this occasion 
"An unethical form of coercion" was their actual words 

I assume you mean divisive?

Aye. Spelling isnt my forte...nor is auto correct 

Edinburgh Council put out a notice saying that police would be fining anyone drinking outside in the meadows etc as it’s still against Covid restrictions. I had completely forgotten that was even a rule, but that must be one of the most ridiculous of the entire lot. You can’t drink outdoors in a massive open park incase... you spread a respiratory virus. Feel free to meet up in big groups, but everyone just have a fruit shoot or it’s a fine. 

Calm down, man, it was a pretty clear joke (though seemingly a poor one) at the expense of the rightous brigade that think everyone else is flouting restrictions whilst they are obeying them. That advert is exactly the sort of stuff they come out with. 
Sorry pal, wooshed me totally but "weirdo" talk annoys me. We seem to have slipped into a situation that anyone who has a different opinion is now a "weirdo". A year ago that would have been pretty poor form, just another negative consequence of this shit show.

More positively great to see both Troon beaches really busy today. Folk in the sea, BBQs going and the cafes, chippies and ice cream shop going like a fair with big queues. Only downside there was a 35 minute queue for Morrisons by 1.30, thankfully I was in at 10.00 [emoji41]

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Sorry pal, wooshed me totally but "weirdo" talk annoys me. We seem to have slipped into a situation that anyone who has a different opinion is now a "weirdo". A year ago that would have been pretty poor form, just another negative consequence of this shit show.

More positively great to see both Troon beaches really busy today. Folk in the sea, BBQs going and the cafes, chippies and ice cream shop going like a fair with big queues. Only downside there was a 35 minute queue for Morrisons by 1.30, thankfully I was in at 10.00 emoji41.png

I was at Irvine and it was fucking hoaching 🏖 

11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Edinburgh Council put out a notice saying that police would be fining anyone drinking outside in the meadows etc as it’s still against Covid restrictions. I had completely forgotten that was even a rule, but that must be one of the most ridiculous of the entire lot. You can’t drink outdoors in a massive open park incase... you spread a respiratory virus. Feel free to meet up in big groups, but everyone just have a fruit shoot or it’s a fine. 

Isn’t drinking outside illegal?

19 minutes ago, Ylf said:

tested positive for covid. feel shit. sore head throat and feeling weak. need to self isolate until a week tomorrow. worked all the way through this and get it now. gutted

Hope you're feeling better soon buddy. If it's any consolation the vast majority of folk I know who've caught it(not including patients) feel better after a few days. 

Edited by Louis Litt

26 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The cynic in me says it's more just a handy excuse to try avoid the inevitable drunken shenanigans later. 

6 minutes ago, PWL said:

The cynic in me says it's more just a handy excuse to try avoid the inevitable drunken shenanigans later. 

Ditto Scotrail's 'but Covid!!!!111!!!!' fear-mongering drivel to try and deny people the right to have a crisp, cold can on their services.