Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This is reasonable.

For what it’s worth I reckon we’re better off not being the absolute quickest to vaccinate. The “we just don’t know” is bad enough as it is, but it’d be far, far worse if the real world data from Israel (which clamps the likes of Sridhar a beauty) wasn’t available.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Were they not using the vaccine that appears to be less effective? Outstanding if true and sympathies to the #variants crew. 

The vast majority of their vaccination program, so far at least, is using China's CoronaVac. It does look like the second dose is even more crucial for this one than others in terms of efficacy. Make no mistake, though, this is better than most influenza vaccines.

This is what awaits post mass-vaccination, combined with recovered natural infection. Don't let the moon howlers attempt to state otherwise.

They are still quite restricted despite "opening up". Hospitality is only available to those vaccinated (some sort of passport system) and bars, restaurants, concert venues and stadiums all still have capacity reductions and SD measures in place. Sounds pretty much where we are heading.

The Scottish government twitter page with a very poignant message here which has made me think twice about inviting family members who I haven’t been allowed to see for 6 months into my house.

A34EE78A-9D08-478A-AAC4-177554AEAA9D.jpeg

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

1 year since someone passed off their pissing about on the job as a tribute to the heroes of the NHS

Disgraceful that Philip didn't get a similar send off.

52 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 hours ago, Elixir said:
This is what awaits post mass-vaccination, combined with recovered natural infection. Don't let the moon howlers attempt to state otherwise.

They are still quite restricted despite "opening up". Hospitality is only available to those vaccinated (some sort of passport system) and bars, restaurants, concert venues and stadiums all still have capacity reductions and SD measures in place. Sounds pretty much where we are heading.

There was an article on here last week saying that, whilst there is a vaccine passport system officially in place, it's rarely enforced.

There was an article on here last week saying that, whilst there is a vaccine passport system officially in place, it's rarely enforced.
As may well be the case here eventually. Ultimately we are a few weeks behind them but it seems we will be roughly mirroring their progress.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

The Scottish government twitter page with a very poignant message here which has made me think twice about inviting family members who I haven’t been allowed to see for 6 months into my house.

A34EE78A-9D08-478A-AAC4-177554AEAA9D.jpeg

Looks like we've found one of the weirdos that hangs around parks to get a picture so he can screech about third waves. 

Looks like we've found one of the weirdos that hangs around parks to get a picture so he can screech about third waves. 
Weirdo ????

You don't think he might just be a prop for an advert.

ETA just seen him on the full tv advert, I'd suggest he's an actor ! Get a grip of yourself with the "weirdo" accusations ffs.

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Weirdo ????

You don't think he might just be a prop for an advert.

ETA just seen him on the full tv advert, I'd suggest he's an actor ! Get a grip of yourself with the "weirdo" accusations ffs.

FFS lighten up, can you not see if was made in jest. 

Nobody really believes that the man in the picture does anything but his comments are reflective of the people who post in twitter about people in the parks and 3rd waves 

Edited by The Stig

26 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The “We’re not giving in” part really fucking offends me anyway and I’m sure it does the same for everyone sense who hasn’t seen their families in 6 months.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

They've said they'll essentially bin all restrictions, except border measures for the time being, in a few weeks if rates stay as they are. They're also now two or three weeks post their big religious festival with lots of mixing, and infection rates have still plummeted.

Meanwhile, I see those forward thinking, progressive scientists are now trying to play the role of right-wing, populist authoritarian by banning people from India from coming here. Of course, many supposed 'left-wingers' are crying out for this same action.

Remind me, just over a year ago what calling for a ban on Indians coming to Britain would be labelled?

Things like this won't be forgotten. Still, anything goes under the guise of 'iT's A gLoBaL pAnDeMiC!!111'.