Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Heart disease making a strong comeback just in time for the pubs and kebab shops to open.

Think folk sitting in their house for weeks on end and getting just eat deliveries for lunch will ensure that heart disease keeps near the top of the pops for a few years to come.

Nice to read that the ludicrous vaccine passport wont be needed for the fans going to Hampden for the Euros. Hopefully in that case they wont be needed at ANY grounds in 21/22. Would be a riddy if 12000 could go to Hampden without one but 250 folk would need one to go to Stair Park 

20210414_212633.thumb.jpg.ae1976b3f74a8d056052a8c49eb3218b.jpg

First post in the thread but have been enjoying firing out the green dots to @Inanimate Carbon Rod, @Marshmallo and all of the other guys who "just do know".

Solidarity with all the lads north of the border desperate for a pint in a pub. Hope it comes for you sooner than currently planned.

Cigars very much out tonight.

Screenshot_20210414-213221_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.11c8483763800c6707e00b25b092464a.jpg

My dad's had to go into hospital. Nothing serious, but I was up checking his mail and his second dose letter has arrived. Unlikely he'll be out before Monday when his app is. 
Anyway, I phoned the ward and the nurse I spoke to said NP, they'll stick him on the list and he'll be done in there on their weekly jag rounds. I mentioned he had had Pfizer for his first dose, and she said it's just your luck what you'll get. 
Anyone heard of this? I didn't realise they were happy to mix vaccines between doses, or have I maybe just spoken to someone who doesn't know the script? 
If you phone his GP, they SHOULD be able to rearrange his appointment if you don't feel comfortable with the hospital's lucky dip approach.

Covid no longer the leading cause of death in Scotland. It falls behind cancer and dementia according to the BBC. Yet we still cant be too safe in allowing fans back to shitholes like Somerset, Stair Park etc 

You can never be too careful in allowing fans back to shitholes like Somerset

My work had an employee engagement session/horror show this morning on Teams. They appear to be using Covid (including all the favourite cliches of variants, mutations (and someone literally said "we just don't know" at one point) to justify a series of god-awful working from home measures.  I genuinely can't wait until they try to force these measures on staff, having ignored their concerns and massively f**k it up before having some sort of humiliating climbdown. Utter shite. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

20210414_212633.thumb.jpg.ae1976b3f74a8d056052a8c49eb3218b.jpg

First post in the thread but have been enjoying firing out the green dots to @Inanimate Carbon Rod, @Marshmallo and all of the other guys who "just do know".

Solidarity with all the lads north of the border desperate for a pint in a pub. Hope it comes for you sooner than currently planned.

Cigars very much out tonight.

Screenshot_20210414-213221_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.11c8483763800c6707e00b25b092464a.jpg

You enjoy that cigar, brighter days are coming. 

40 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Fair do's - Lets see this put into practice then.

I was contacted by Test & Trace last week as my son was "exposed" to the virus while playing outdoor football for a couple of hours and is currently isolating (again). A total nonsense, and high time we got a bit more sensible with all this. Outdoor transmission is neglible, and surface transmission appears likewise.

30 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Fair do's - Lets see this put into practice then.

I was contacted by Test & Trace last week as my son was "exposed" to the virus while playing outdoor football for a couple of hours and is currently isolating (again). A total nonsense, and high time we got a bit more sensible with all this. Outdoor transmission is neglible, and surface transmission appears likewise.

Yeah it's ridiculous. It's been known worldwide that touching stuff is negligible and aerosol transmission is the biggest spreader for fucking ages. At least in America the media report and acknowledge this - more or less f**k all here, or when they do it's like its some amazing new breakthrough discovery.

Guaranteed there are still people bleaching their messages when they get home from the shops. I know my sons' primary school "quarantine" all letters to be sent home for 72 hours before sending. The messaging (or at least, the development of messaging when the science has moved on) has been appalling throughout here.