Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Pato said:

Can you imagine how rank rotten the COVID jokes will be at the fringe this year

How many shows do you think will use some sort of zoom gimmick or be themed entirely around lockdown? I'll happily give the city centre a miss in August...

7 minutes ago, Pato said:

oh gawd yes. A gallery of horrors.

Don't get me wrong I like the fringe in normal years but there's no danger I'm going near it until there's not one story dominating news headlines.

Yep, I normally enjoy a wander around the mile and seeing some shows, but it'll be like the years after indyref and brexit all over again.  No variety at all.  

21 minutes ago, super_carson said:

How many shows do you think will use some sort of zoom gimmick or be themed entirely around lockdown? I'll happily give the city centre a miss in August...

You know what we need is a reminder of just how shite the last year has been by medium of oxford educated interpretative dance and ‘improv’. 

My dad's had to go into hospital. Nothing serious, but I was up checking his mail and his second dose letter has arrived. Unlikely he'll be out before Monday when his app is. 

Anyway, I phoned the ward and the nurse I spoke to said NP, they'll stick him on the list and he'll be done in there on their weekly jag rounds. I mentioned he had had Pfizer for his first dose, and she said it's just your luck what you'll get. 

Anyone heard of this? I didn't realise they were happy to mix vaccines between doses, or have I maybe just spoken to someone who doesn't know the script? 

6 minutes ago, madwullie said:

My dad's had to go into hospital. Nothing serious, but I was up checking his mail and his second dose letter has arrived. Unlikely he'll be out before Monday when his app is. 

Anyway, I phoned the ward and the nurse I spoke to said NP, they'll stick him on the list and he'll be done in there on their weekly jag rounds. I mentioned he had had Pfizer for his first dose, and she said it's just your luck what you'll get. 

Anyone heard of this? I didn't realise they were happy to mix vaccines between doses, or have I maybe just spoken to someone who doesn't know the script? 

As far as I was told when I got my 1st jab last week wull,you get the same again for your 2nd jab...

Phone back. He’ll need to get Pfizer. She’s maybe not picked up on what you’ve said.

17 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Phone back. He’ll need to get Pfizer. She’s maybe not picked up on what you’ve said.

Yeah I thought that. I guessed she maybe thought I was asking him to get a specific jag for his first. I'll speak to them again about it, cheers. 

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

All the people who have been shouting about the dangers of Covid and Long Covid are obviously going to be scrambling to get these bad boys implanted. 

Implant this right into my grey matter.

Actually what will be the software updates be like?

1 minute ago, strichener said:

They will be designed to improve your written English.😁

Bill Gates make me write good?

I went through a couple of your recent posts looking for a grammatical error or poor punctuation to hit you back with but apparently you're already running the latest patch.

52 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Mixing jags is in a trial phase at the moment (was on the news today).  Unless you've signed up for a trial you should be getting the same second jag as first.

As far as I'm aware Pfizer is the in hospital jab and AZ is the main community one now.

Best to tell them though but it should be on his records anyway

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

If it's convenient I would nip into the vaccine clinic he was due to be seen at, at the end of the day they might have a dose to get your started, if you've not already had one.