Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We've been screaming at him for not providing dates so we can get a feel for when restrictions might be relaxed.
Now he's giving dates and you want to scream about it not being data driven.
I'm not defending Leitch here but he can't win with some folk.
Whos screaming?

I'm only pointing out that the SG initially made a point of saying easing restrictions would be based on data. All the data looks excellent but relaxations are now being based on specific dates.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Whos screaming?

I'm only pointing out that the SG initially made a point of saying easing restrictions would be based on data. All the data looks excellent but relaxations are now being based on specific dates.

I took those dates as an outline based on where they expect the data to be at that time, but if the data is good they can open up faster, as has happened this week. I would agree that I'd like to see it a bit more accelerated though, I reckon in 3-4 weeks we'll have about as close to elimination of the virus as you can get. 

16 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

I notice when the pubs are back selling alcohol indoors on the 17th of may ,we could have limited opening hours, pool and snooker are classed as indoor contact sports, I think the people that make these rules up have never been inside a pub in there lives, it's a crock of shite, what worries me is we don't seem to have an end game, what are the criteria for going down the levels, how long will they be in place for?, there are risks in everything we do and the vaccine seems to be smashing the virus, outdoor crowds at sporting events should be allowed for the beginning of next season but will they?, it's all pretty frustrating.  

Of course snooker/ pool is a contact sport.

10 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Reading the past 100 posts it seems like some people really need to take a break from this thread.

Or at least fucking lighten up.

I was just thinking the same. We get a new HG thread, and this one suddenly blows up. What's that all about?

Johnson yesterday, Trudeau today. Both added to the increasing list of world leaders encouraging their populations to get vaccinated whilst undermining the programme with their words. 

The brass neck of them to complain if people start deciding they don't want to get vaccinated because they feel there's no point. 

What [emoji23]?
What third wave is he on about? Also, restrictions are currently in place but are being eased as the vaccination roll out continues.

It does seem alarming that governments are agitated to keep lockdowns and restrictions in place despite vaccinations. Is it reflection of traumatised public opinion, or are governments scared to make a decision now?

Get the swiss cheese model in the bin by the way. Patronising shite.

2 minutes ago, super_carson said:

What third wave is he on about? Also, restrictions are currently in place but are being eased as the vaccination roll out continues.

It does seem alarming that governments are agitated to keep lockdowns and restrictions in place despite vaccinations. Is it reflection of traumatised public opinion, or are governments scared to make a decision now?

Get the swiss cheese model in the bin by the way. Patronising shite.

I think a lot of folk on here forget that the users of P&B are not a particularly diverse cross-section of society.

There have been various polls, taken from far more representative samples, that show an overwhelming support of measures to keep restrictions in place.

22 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

What emoji23.png?

'It's important that we work from facts.....the UK is facing a very serious third wave'

A VERY SERIOUS THIRD WAVE

*23 deaths yesterday*

Aye, 'facts' right enough you blackface wearing oddball.

I think a lot of folk on here forget that the users of P&B are not a particularly diverse cross-section of society.
There have been various polls, taken from far more representative samples, that show an overwhelming support of measures to keep restrictions in place.
Unfortunately I think you're right. Far too many people are either too scared (due to constant fear mongering from media and public health advisors) or comfortable with lockdown (furlough, working from home etc. and all the advantages that brings) for there to be any mass protests.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I know you're not suggesting otherwise but polling data should be nowhere near the data involved in making decisions regarding covid restrictions. 

They still have to fit in this nonsense:

Is the UK close to herd immunity?

The UK is likely to be a way off this milestone - if it is ever reached.

Again, herd immunity is not something that can be argued with, it is simply an inevitable natural phenomenon.

14 minutes ago, super_carson said:
17 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Unfortunately I think you're right. Far too many people are either too scared (due to constant fear mongering from media and public health advisors) or comfortable with lockdown (furlough, working from home etc. and all the advantages that brings) for there to be any mass protests.

I think in this country if people are not personally affected by something then they couldn't care less