Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You've clearly not bothered to digest what I wrote, and quit with the shitebag nonsense.   Let's put it another way, did you seriously expect the SG (or any Govt) to go from closed door matches (two games at Hampden last month empty), to committing now to a full house for the Euros in 10 weeks time? UEFA themselves had capped crowds at 30% of capacity and only removed that a couple of weeks ago when it became clear one or two venues were prepared to try for more than that. Even our glass half full chum in Westminster wasn't that daft, he's leaving it to 3 weeks later before allowing a few more into Wembley.

It would have been great to get in more than 25% capacity, but it was never a realistic prospect.

No i read what you wrote, but I entirely disagree with it. Yes i fully demand much higher crowds at football games. 
USA with similar levels of vaccination have stadia with much higher % of crowds-100% and you know what, yes they still have some cases of covid, but people are getting back to normality. 
You’ve got another post further up going ‘its no surprise they have closed doors’ aye but thats the thing, we should be actively asking them ‘why’ why cant we have nice things? Show me your evidence for this? Also show me the NHS being overwhelmed now because that was the basis for this all in the first place, I mean it ‘was’ overwhelmed and we locked down, fair dos, but its not, so open up or tell us what youre hiding. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its going to reach a tipping point soon that people will not allow this to continue for months and months further. 
Yes to a section of society this virus is dangerous, absolutely, no one is denying it, that is why we’ve basically shut the shop and cancelled everything thats happened for a long period of time, but we’ve also invested in fantastic vaccines, i mean the lads at pfizer, az and moderna etc should be tripping over nobel prizes, great bunch of lads. We’ve developed very effective treatments and we can map the genome of the virus and mutations very very quickly. Even then vaccines work. 
Its absolute helen lovejoy/howard hughesism nonsense that we see from people on this now. How can people argue that its dangerous to be outside standing on a terracing or whatever when the actual scienfuckingtific evidence says you’re actually more likely to get hit by fucking lightening than die from covid that you caught outside at a football game. Every single thing you do, comes with a risk, people the risk of driving a car, shagging a married woman whilst her man’s at work, eating food from a shite burger van or taking the plunge on an allocate on arrival holiday. The most vulnerable have that pfizery goodness flowing through their veins, let them out to play, lets get Isa back to the bingo before she dies of copd, lets get bill back in the pub with his pals before the lack of stimulation makes his dementia worse etc. 
Some people are happy staying locked down making their own sunshine and ripping the heid off it at the first outbreak of people having the audacity to visit their granny or whatever. Guess what? No one is making those c***s leave the house, i’ll even go to the shop for them if they need milk and a gallon of hand sanitiser. Absolutely done with this shite. Get the vaccinated world opened up and help all the other c***s get vaccinated too. 

People already showing the politicians what they want by maxing out every loosening, resulting in ever more desperate and patronising shite in knee jerk reaction from Boris et al.

Said before, I dont buy the stats we keep seeing about support for measures. Maybe the folk likely to fill in surveys are the folk likely to sit in the house trying desperately to ensure they never have to manage their own risk again, but whilst you are doing that, i'll be having my life back. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No i read what you wrote, but I entirely disagree with it. Yes i fully demand much higher crowds at football games. 
USA with similar levels of vaccination have stadia with much higher % of crowds-100% and you know what, yes they still have some cases of covid, but people are getting back to normality. 

Frankly I really don't think we should be following the USA's lead when it comes to Covid.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Frankly I really don't think we should be following the USA's lead when it comes to Covid.

Well, I for one would be quite happy to be at a stage where 25% of the population was fully vaccinated and we had enough doses to offer vaccines on a ‘just turn up if youre over 16’ basis like they are all over the country. But if that’s an outrage to you then fair enough. 

Well, I for one would be quite happy to be at a stage where 25% of the population was fully vaccinated and we had enough doses to offer vaccines on a ‘just turn up if youre over 16’ basis like they are all over the country. But if that’s an outrage to you then fair enough. 

I never said that.  Maybe let it go for the night.

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I never said that.  Maybe let it go for the night.

You said we shouldnt be following their lead as if what they are doing currently is somehow objectionable to you? 
If youre struggling to find that evidence as to why its unsafe to have bigger (or indeed any) crowds at games thats fair enough.

You said we shouldnt be following their lead as if what they are doing currently is somehow objectionable to you? 
If youre struggling to find that evidence as to why its unsafe to have bigger (or indeed any) crowds at games thats fair enough.

We don't need to follow anyones lead, we would be fine just following our "data not dates" mantra which would allow for a pretty speedy return to normality. 

8 hours ago, super_carson said:

Rugby-related but I had an interesting chat with one of my club committee members tonight. There was a meeting among the Premiership clubs last night to agree on a structure for this season, and any contingency plans with it.

Apparently there will be no club fixtures played in December or January at the request of the Scottish government, in the event of a winter lockdown. Now I would add at this point that I'm not sure if this is a "just in case" scenario thats easier to plan, or of the SG are already assuming/planning a lockdown again next winter.

Now, in an attempt to avoid any heid's gones, I'm not sure who represented the SG to the SRU either and whether or not they are a decision maker, or just another bureaucrat drunk on emergency powers.

Was told similar a few weeks ago, the same person told me last year that non pro sport would be off for the year which proved to be accurate. 

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its going to reach a tipping point soon that people will not allow this to continue for months and months further. 

People said that 12 months ago. Whilst I sincerely hope you are right and agree with everyone in here saying we need to accelerate the opening up of everything immediately, if the last couple of years have shown us anything it's that the vast majority of this country are quite happy to submit to our betters and do exactly what we are told with the minimum of fuss.

Whilst many people are clearly now ignoring many of the restrictions around meeting up with friends and family etc, short of large scale protests (which won't happen) there is nothing we can do about the opening up of the economy, crowds at fitba, being able to pop into the shops without a mask etc etc. 

Yes to a section of society this virus is dangerous, absolutely, no one is denying it, that is why we’ve basically shut the shop and cancelled everything thats happened for a long period of time, but we’ve also invested in fantastic vaccines, i mean the lads at pfizer, az and moderna etc should be tripping over nobel prizes, great bunch of lads. We’ve developed very effective treatments and we can map the genome of the virus and mutations very very quickly. Even then vaccines work. 
Its absolute helen lovejoy/howard hughesism nonsense that we see from people on this now. How can people argue that its dangerous to be outside standing on a terracing or whatever when the actual scienfuckingtific evidence says you’re actually more likely to get hit by fucking lightening than die from covid that you caught outside at a football game. Every single thing you do, comes with a risk, people the risk of driving a car, shagging a married woman whilst her man’s at work, eating food from a shite burger van or taking the plunge on an allocate on arrival holiday. The most vulnerable have that pfizery goodness flowing through their veins, let them out to play, lets get Isa back to the bingo before she dies of copd, lets get bill back in the pub with his pals before the lack of stimulation makes his dementia worse etc. 
Some people are happy staying locked down making their own sunshine and ripping the heid off it at the first outbreak of people having the audacity to visit their granny or whatever. Guess what? No one is making those c***s leave the house, i’ll even go to the shop for them if they need milk and a gallon of hand sanitiser. Absolutely done with this shite. Get the vaccinated world opened up and help all the other c***s get vaccinated too. 
I keep reading about tipping points but with the topic in question ie football how exactly ? No club is going to throw open its doors while ordered by govt not to. There will NEVER be that sort of civil disobedience in this country. The mythical public tipping point only applies to something they can actively influence and those are pretty minor, probably only meeting inside their own property. Tipping point is a moot point.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Reading the past 100 posts it seems like some people really need to take a break from this thread.

Checks thread, counts back 100 posts, finds no drunken rambles from myself, agrees wholeheartedly .

Edited by dirty dingus

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Surely just firing anyone who has a fever on arriving at a hospital into a covid area is not standard procedure?

Was quite a big drop in hospital patients yesterday (-21), I'm not expecting that big a drop today.  Would be nice though.  Does anyone know the average daily drop for the last month or so? 

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The absolute insanity of the goings on  in that article is terrifying. 

Coughing your lungs up isn't seen as aerosol generating. 

The data currently shows that coronavirus infections in Scotland are at a low level and are continuing to decrease, hospital numbers low and likewise ICU admissions well down on where they were. Since we're not putting dates on it, perhaps Leitch should be telling us at what level we can expect measures to be relaxed ahead of schedule, if possible. He won't, though. He and his counterparts in Westminster have made a point of shirking this throughout the pandemic. 

People are entitled to be taking a pop at the cheap concessions they're being thrown as a "reward" for four months of utter misery. 

Edited by Michael W
Typos

I notice when the pubs are back selling alcohol indoors on the 17th of may ,we could have limited opening hours, pool and snooker are classed as indoor contact sports, I think the people that make these rules up have never been inside a pub in there lives, it's a crock of shite, what worries me is we don't seem to have an end game, what are the criteria for going down the levels, how long will they be in place for?, there are risks in everything we do and the vaccine seems to be smashing the virus, outdoor crowds at sporting events should be allowed for the beginning of next season but will they?, it's all pretty frustrating.