Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
I don't think there will be too many green countries come 17th May, but there will be some which is a start.

I suspect it will be the end of June date for Green countries and it will be slow going.

Nah, we'll get some on 17th May, if only so BoJo saves face.  Gibraltar and Portugal probably favourites for Europe.

Edited by Burnieman

18 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Pish in the layby. 

Big city news, Pret is still shut, Gregg's sausage rolls are available. 

Anyone getting any bakery products out of Gregg's deserves a lockdown for life.

So what will they do when hundreds of thousands Scotland fans go down to London in June? 

Given that this is around 6 weeks after the date where travel to England is explicitly permitted, I'm going to say "absolutely nothing".

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Basically that they're looking for a 4 nation approach but that “It may well be the case that we do have to endure restrictions in international travel for a bit longer as the price we pay for much greater normality here in Scotland.” 

That rhetoric about 'the price to pay for greater domestic normality' triggers me something rotten.

Hopefully she means actually agreeing to what looks like happening in England, as that should make travel from July onwards to Europe a goer. Usually when bringing up a 'four nations approach' they mean trying to get the UK Government to bring in mandatory hotel quarantine for everyone, which is just not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That rhetoric about 'the price to pay for greater domestic normality' triggers me something rotten.

Hopefully she means actually agreeing to what looks like happening in England, as that should make travel from July onwards to Europe a goer. Usually when bringing up a 'four nations approach' they mean trying to get the UK Government to bring in mandatory hotel quarantine for everyone, which is just not going to happen.

I get why they need to be careful when most of Europe is looking a bit dodgy, but that in theory should be looking much better come July with vaccinations ramping up, and defo by August.

Pour cold water over the vaccines in response to a few folk going to the pub is a fucking minter. Some neck slagging off the French or anyone else in the EU. This price just as bad.

Can't handle the fact that people are increasingly voting with their feet.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Given that this is around 6 weeks after the date where travel to England is explicitly permitted, I'm going to say "absolutely nothing".

That’s a fair point actually. Assume the travel restrictions being binned are only between Scottish LAs? What is the date that they’ve said travel between Scotland and England definitely allowed as I haven’t seen this?

That’s a fair point actually. Assume the travel restrictions being binned are only between Scottish LAs? What is the date that they’ve said travel between Scotland and England definitely allowed as I haven’t seen this?

The original 26th April date for England (and other UK nations I guess) is staying in place. The justification was because that was when our hospitality rules roughly aligned with theirs.

20 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is that dogging back on?

Not the same thing exactly but i noticed that our local "health suite" was open last night. I'm guessing that they don't do an outdoor option and that not all services are compatible with wearing a facemask. 

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Are we likely to see high numbers of first doses again? Will there be greater supply in the future? 1st doses have been very low for a while now. 

Only relative to the age groups eligible for uptake, I'd imagine, along with any people who have previously been offered it but were swithering for whatever reason.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The original 26th April date for England (and other UK nations I guess) is staying in place. The justification was because that was when our hospitality rules roughly aligned with theirs.

I had thought Sturgeon had originally said April 26th might only be for travel between Scottish LAs rather than into England, but that’s great stuff, cheers.

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Are we likely to see high numbers of first doses again? Will there be greater supply in the future? 1st doses have been very low for a while now. 

Should ramp up considerably to the point there is no waiting list needed when more vaccines get approved for use.

On 12/04/2021 at 14:35, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:  Another decent day as we have total cases down 3% to 1940, cases 35.5 per 100K and positivity down again to 1.7%   

Now I am sure the good citizens of Perth & Kinross, Edinburgh, North & South Ayrshire, Midlothian, East Lothian, Inverclyde, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Highlands, Borders, D&G all under 25 cases per 100K,  are all absolutely ecstatic about the prospect of going to Level 3 in another 2 weeks.  Not only that it is only 5 weeks in total till they get to level 2. What a fuckking joke !!!!!

Let's also take our hats of to the good old Swedes ☠️ who now have Europe's most ravaged country rising quickly to 428 cases per 100K.  

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 4th April to 10th April  were  2000 now 1940 down 3.00%. Positivity was 1.8% down to 1.7%.   Cases per 100k were 36.6 now 35.5

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average   29.9 to 28.7 down 4.01%, England 29.3 to 28.1 down 4.10%,  Wales  18.3 to 18.1 down 1.09%, Northern Ireland 29.7 to 28.9 down 2.69% 

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 357 to 428, Poland  391 to 355,  Serbia 414 to 352,  France 293 to 352, Hungary 422 to 350,

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Under 100 Club could do better club

Clackmannanshire   102.8 to 91.2  Down over 11% and also down a place to the UK no2 behind Barnsley "Thas Reyt"

North Lanarkshire  64.2 to 64.2  No change for 2 days as Scotland drops near 10%

Glasgow City  60.8 to 58.4

Renfrewshire  60.3 to 57.5   

West Lothian 61.2 to 56.3 

Falkirk 53.5 to 51.0

Fife  48.5 to 47.9  Once again those pesky St Andrews Undergraduates are at it. This time a "friendship group" FFS

Dundee City   42.9 to 44.9

Stirling  48.8 to 44.6

Moray 43.8 to 43.8

East Ayrshire  39.3 to 40.2

East Renfrewshire  35.6 to 39.8    

South Lanarkshire 39.6 to 38.1    

Under Scottish Average club 35.5

Aberdeen City  30.2 to 30.6

East Dunbartonshire  34.1 to 27.6

West Dunbartonshire  29.2 to 28.1  

Havana & Malt Whisky Sub 25.0 but still no prospect of level 2 for 5 weeks club

Perth & Kinross 23.7 to 21.7