Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Saturday had promised a trip to the big Tesco and maybe a sausage roll for lunch.

Now looking like drive to Otter Ferry for a walk on a beach, restock beer fridge from Fyne Ales, coffee at Inveraray, chippy from Oban, and drive home at sunset. Absolutely magnificent.

Sunday I'm heading to Glasgow to walk the mural trail. I haven't been inside a city for five months. Can't wait to see a taxi or a pigeon. Might even buy a Pret just to keep the city fat cats happy. May divert home via Barry's Southside to visit this much vaunted beer cave in person.

Shaping up to be the best weekend!

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Christ the first reply to that. “The Euros scare me. Fan zones in London scare me and I live in Scotland”. 

Hopefully a cracking use of sarcasm. 

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Did Sturgeon actually say during her briefing that 'Scots travelling to England could bring the virus back into Scotland'?

The audacity if she did, given England has a lower rate of infection than Scotland.

So what will they do when hundreds of thousands Scotland fans go down to London in June? 

So what will they do when hundreds of thousands Scotland fans go down to London in June? 
"We'll be coming, we'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road. When you get the symptoms of the Tartan Army variant, we'll be coming down the road."

It's not as catchy as the original but it's the best I could come up with.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

"We'll be coming, we'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road. When you get the symptoms of the Tartan Army variant, we'll be coming down the road."

It's not as catchy as the original but it's the best I could come up with.

When we breach the quarantine we're really gony show, the world a brand of covid that they could never know

to the tune of allys tartan army?

Can't tell if Johnson is just desperately trying to prevent vaccinated people from abandoning his restrictions or not tbh.

The wider impact of his words on vaccine hesitancy, of course, won't have been considered.

So a 4 nation approach to international travel re-opening. Maybe at last seeing that maintaining restrictions up here whilst England is open makes absolutely no sense.
The Jet2 announcement this week clearly signaled that and it's going to be a slow, pitfall laden journey I fear even as a uk wide approach.

15 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Saturday had promised a trip to the big Tesco and maybe a sausage roll for lunch.

Now looking like drive to Otter Ferry for a walk on a beach, restock beer fridge from Fyne Ales, coffee at Inveraray, chippy from Oban, and drive home at sunset. Absolutely magnificent.

Sunday I'm heading to Glasgow to walk the mural trail. I haven't been inside a city for five months. Can't wait to see a taxi or a pigeon. Might even buy a Pret just to keep the city fat cats happy. May divert home via Barry's Southside to visit this much vaunted beer cave in person.

Shaping up to be the best weekend!

Pish in the layby. 

Big city news, Pret is still shut, Gregg's sausage rolls are available. 

The Jet2 announcement this week clearly signaled that and it's going to be a slow, pitfall laden journey I fear even as a uk wide approach.
I don't think there will be too many green countries come 17th May, but there will be some which is a start.

17 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So a 4 nation approach to international travel re-opening. Maybe at last seeing that maintaining restrictions up here whilst England is open makes absolutely no sense.

What was said?

On 05/04/2021 at 13:36, superbigal said:

Deathrace 2000  with Sly Stalloneimage.jpeg.13d86ab3ca897d1f3702463b979292d6.jpeg

Here is the current European Covid Version for the last 7 days in deaths per million of population.  Countries with population over 2 million.

We continue to look "less bad" as Vaccine as well as lockdown clearly kicks in.  

The USA at 1,733 in 11th place would be the1st non European country if it was a world list.

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Czech  2,517 to 2,614    Up  3.85%

Hungary 2,252 to 2,487   Up 10.44%  

Bosnia  2,071 to 2,293   Up 10.72%  

Bulgaria  1,967 to 2,116   Up 7.58%    Climb 1 place

North Macedonia  1,891 to 2,046   Up 8.20%   Climb 2 places

Belgium 1,989 to 2,021   Up 1.61%   Drop 2 places

Slovenia  1,960 to 1,986   Up 1.33%  Drop 1 place

Slovakia  1,836 to 1,962   Up 6.86%  Climb 2 places

Italy  1,838 to 1,898   Up 3.26%  Climb 1 place

UK 1,861 to 1,865   Up 0.22%   Drop 2 places

Portugal 1,659 to 1,663   Up 0.24% 

Spain 1,619 to 1,636  Up 1.05%

Poland 1,453 to 1,564  Up 7.59%  Climb 2 places

Croatia 1,483 to 1,556  Up 4.92%  Drop 1 place

France 1,479 to 1,516  Up 2.59%  Drop 1 place

Edited by superbigal

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

What was said?

Basically that they're looking for a 4 nation approach but that “It may well be the case that we do have to endure restrictions in international travel for a bit longer as the price we pay for much greater normality here in Scotland.” 

51 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
54 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Great news about the travel ban being lifted. It's been a long winter stuck in deepest darkest South Ayrshire! Buzzing for a day out to Portpatrick emoji41.png

Imagine the Crown outside if it's a nice day on 26th, even worse the holiday weekend after

I'm welling up just thinking of it! Happy faces enjoying the sun! Odds on its pissing it down 😬