Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve just read her tweet and actually not expecting much now tbh. Essentially just said she’s going to confirm we are on track for April 26th. Mentioned potential easing for mental health support, so maybe being allowed to do contact outdoor sports or something like that is best we can hope for.

I think she might ease visiting each others’ houses indoors to some extent. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think she might ease visiting each others’ houses indoors to some extent. 

I love your optimism but can’t see it when we are barely allowed to meet people outdoors where it’s as safe as possible. However, I’m praying that you are right!

To be honest if they just ditched the travel nonsense rather than wait another pointless 2 weeks that would be something.
That would be fucking excellent, but probably too optimistic [emoji23]

They might as well fire indoor household restrictions into the bin as well considering no one gives a shiny shite about them. I've been visiting my folks pretty much the whole time, they're both in poor health and need help with odd stuff around the house. I am fucked if I'm making my old man who had cancer last year hang about in the garden so we can spend time together. Utter nonsense.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I love your optimism but can’t see it when we are barely allowed to meet people outdoors where it’s as safe as possible. However, I’m praying that you are right!

Probably over optimistic but when she’s spoken about mental health in the past it’s been closely aligned to talking about visiting people so I’m just hopeful!

Guest bernardblack
5 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Things that should be announced but won't:

We have realised that two hour slots for hospitality will just encourage pub crawls and more mixing therefore we have decided to scrap that fucking stupid idea. 

When the pubs were open in August/September I was having a pint with a mate and a pal of ours was in for a pint by himself. 
Asked if he could join our table and was met with a “no you’re not allowed to do that” Swiftly decided that we should all go elsewhere. 
Was lunacy

12 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Just seen the news article about the "different" form of Edinburgh festival this year. What was the point in vaccinating folk if we're still doing this in August? IMG_20210413_102646.jpeg

good god that looks fuckin shite!  Really hope this isn't the entertainment sectors version of the taylor report, only even more OTT and unenjoyable than the Falkirk stadium

9 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's going to be like the January sales when pubs and restaurants open. 

Has been like this in supermarkets for past year since only place been open throughout. So I'm looking forward to restaurants being open 🙂

Edited by Robin.Hood

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

To be honest if they just ditched the travel nonsense rather than wait another pointless 2 weeks that would be something.

Yeh that outdoor sport and something token indoors are libraries open? Something like that.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

If this happens, I will take it as absolute proof that she reads the Pie and Bovril coronavirus thread.

they'll be an increase in the amount of folk you can outside an little more, followed by sturgeon walking away with a smirk thinkin ah hud them guan there eh they thought they were goin for a pint!

Canvassing for the election door to door was due to be allowed a week or so back but wasn't because Scotland's case rate wasn't below 50.

Now it is below 50 I expect that to one of the things announced because it's far more important than anything the rest of us actually want to do.

25 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Just seen the news article about the "different" form of Edinburgh festival this year. What was the point in vaccinating folk if we're still doing this in August? IMG_20210413_102646.jpeg

Any big event like this needs to be well prepared in advance, which means they have to plan now for something that will definitely go ahead even if the restrictions don't loosen as much as they'd hope. Worst case scenario and all that. I don't think it necessarily means that all of this will be required in August.

Edited by craigkillie

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Canvassing for the election door to door was due to be allowed a week or so back but wasn't because Scotland's case rate wasn't below 50.

Now it is below 50 I expect that to one of the things announced because it's far more important than anything the rest of us actually want to do.

Would be some definite heads gone if this was the case!