Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, budmiester1 said:

all the political parties are in full agreement with this decision, everyone gets to claim a wee bit of the glory.

I've never witnessed much desire for this simplistic approach in our Parliament over the last decade or so. 

12 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I know of nobody that is sticking to the rules anymore. Visiting friends, family etc has been going on for a while now. The younger folk I know are literally on it every weekend at parties.

Good on them, hopefully they have no jealous grasses in the immediate vicinity. 

6 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Weirdo.

Well no Greg, you can, you just ask people entering the country to show a negative Covid test if you're being a complete fucking pussy about it.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Just don't broadcast it as there are bawbags that can't help but report others. 

I don’t really know what you mean by broadcast it, other than showing up at the door and going inside. Unless you mean social media, but don’t really use it so won’t be doing that.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

When will the SG, Clownshoes Leitch and 'the guys' get round to explaining exactly why people and businesses in fucking Orkney and the Western Isles must sit on their hands for another few pointless weeks with f**k-all risk from the big bad virus, while a megacity like London with the same if not lower current rates of vaccination can be opened up somewhat instead?

An actual scientific reason to explain the purpose of Scotland's protracted lockdown is of course; not mealy-mouthed pish. 

They would need to get an adviser with an actual background in science for that to happen.

10 hours ago, madwullie said:

I mean for all the jokes about variants in here, the real issue is the vast swathes of the world that don't have access to the hundreds of millions of doses certain western countries are hoarding. There is every chance some places will have wave after wave until non-vaccine produced HI kicks in. It doesn't need to be like that. And yes, of course the longer the virus runs rampant, the more chance of more variants of concern arising. As I say, in our jagged up utopia that shouldn't prove an issue for us, but that doesn't really help the millions of other poor c***s in the world denied access, partly through our greed. 

I would have hoped it would be a priority for us to tool up the poorer nations ASAP and squash the virus totally - foolishly it never crossed my mind that vaccine nationalism and greedy hoarding would be even remotely the issue it's turned out to be. I suppose if I'd thought about it for even half a second it would have been fucking obvious though. 

I was reading the other day that part of the contractual obligations signed up to by the trump admin is that no doses from the states are allowed to be given to any other countries at all. Fucking sound 👍 

Erm yes, it's a disgrace that the world hasn't got its act together for a novel virus that no c**t had heard of fifteen months ago, to develop and magically distribute 7 billion plus vaccines across the entire globe already. 

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

I'm also not sure that you understand the difference between ordering more than what is required and the actual physical supplies that developed countries are still trying to secure and use as quickly as possible. Which countries are sitting on a vast mountain of already produced and delivered vaccines? 

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t really know what you mean by broadcast it, other than showing up at the door and going inside. Unless you mean social media, but don’t really use it so won’t be doing that.

Just do it rather than mentioning it to people you may think have your best interests at heart, I know of 2 in recent weeks who've had visits from the boys in blue, fortunately not been in a position to dish out fines by the time they arrived. 

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Just do it rather than mentioning it to people you may think have your best interests at heart, I know of 2 in recent weeks who've had visits from the boys in blue, fortunately not been in a position to dish out fines by the time they arrived. 

I do wonder what happens in these situations. Do they hand out a fine and then watch you leave, or arrest you if you don’t?

On the visitors front, I have been to my parents a few times but kept outside except for one day when hail stones came down and we went into the conservatory. But from now on we're going inside. 

The wife - an ardent pro-Lockdown person if ever there was one - was invited to her pal's house for a coffee last week. I was surprised, but she went, and went inside. 

Thinking about it, I've seen my neighbours all have visitors, and my parents neighbours as well. Not sure if anyone is actually sticking to these rules any more. 

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I do wonder what happens in these situations. Do they hand out a fine and then watch you leave, or arrest you if you don’t?

I would assume that they dish out the £200 fines then wait, if those involved don't leave I'd imagine they dish out those big 4 and 5 figure ones we read about. 

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

can't get twitter at work, what does it say?

Do you think people will behave responsibly post reopening of pubs:

Almost everyone says no

Will you behave responsibly:

Almost everyone says yes

Edited by Ross.