Coronavirus (COVID-19)

59 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So come the end of June you'll only be able to meet in groups of 6 from 3 households indoors and in groups of 8 from 3 households outdoors while near enough everyone has had the first vaccine :lol: 

Whatever compliance is GENUINELY required to get us out the last throes of this, is in serious danger of being completely undermined by this months long projection of pointless overreach.

Folk need to start doing what they want. Especially those who are vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yas! My mate is very excited about his visit as his wee man has been a fucking legend all through this lockdown and just really wants to see monkeys tear his maws car to bits and see the lions. 

Tell your mate to give this wee shite a boot in the nuts if he sees him.

F61A58E6-BF1B-4F37-B9EB-9C31807ABDEC.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whatever compliance is GENUINELY required to get us out the last throes of this, is in serious danger of being completely undermined by this months long projection of pointless overreach.

You go first and let us know how you got on.

The Helen Lovejoy's and iSAGErs of this world will be absolutely fizzing at the scenes of packed revellers eating and drinking on the streets of London etc today. PowttJS.gif

Of course, the Scottish Government has decided it's better to ruin the economy some more just to look a bit more safe, for absolutely no benefit, when it's due to be a beautiful, sunny week in Scotland's capital. bQshDtu.png

I don't really believe that the governments think folk will not be meeting up and doing their own thing . They are just covering the bases(passing the buck) onto the public if any variant appears that can make the younger/healthier folk sick as they'll not be vaccinated till later in the year.

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

On the second point, I agree that even with a full vaccination there is a core of people who will not want to give us back our old lives. When, really, will we stop with the face masks? The public health nutbags who have taken control will keep the Covid show on the road until every person in every nook and cranny of the planet has had a vaccine, and even then they'll be sounding the variant klaxon every week to keep people convinced that at any moment, lockdown will return.

Reading that back, I sound like a loony but as we emerge from lockdown this is more and more what I am convinced of.

From Peter Hitchens' article yesterday:

Maybe I misinterpreted the article, but I gave blood last month and was told to take my mask off when I went over to the beds. They said whilst giving blood the mask was to be off 

I know of nobody that is sticking to the rules anymore. Visiting friends, family etc has been going on for a while now. The younger folk I know are literally on it every weekend at parties.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well..... Obviously I will. I have no intention of not letting people come visit me, or visit them until well into the summer. 

I've dates in July when I'm going north. My folks will have had the Jag by then. My son's booked in for a week at PGL end July too.

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I know of nobody that is sticking to the rules anymore. Visiting friends, family etc has been going on for a while now. The younger folk I know are literally on it every weekend at parties.

A lot of people have been doing this a lot longer. Ain't that right. 

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So come the end of June you'll only be able to meet in groups of 6 from 3 households indoors and in groups of 8 from 3 households outdoors while near enough everyone has had the first vaccine :lol: 

This was already the case was it not? It could be eased faster obviously marginally until the election but they could for 6 from 3 in the April easements.

Just now, mizfit said:

Only reason I can’t see them bringing it forward this side of the election is possible accusations of using it to gain favour from the electorate.

I don't think it will be wholesale changes but some changes will be brought forward unlikely to be anything that changes businesses reopening to save messing people about imo.

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well..... Obviously I will. I have no intention of not letting people come visit me, or visit them until well into the summer. 

Day 526 in the Bairnardo Bunker:  Thanks to the panic spread by the government  everyone still is too terrified to visit me.  It seems that Germophobia is running rampant as every time I contact one of my friends to propose a meeting they say they are washing their hair that day. No-one wants to come and view the 200 page dossier on the Leitch-Sridhar axis. The struggle continues.