Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There are other factors in why Australia had less cases and less deaths nothing to do with the measures the government took, they still locked down at the same time as we did.
Maybe next time we have a mere hint of a virus outbreak in China (for example) we should respond immediately by setting fire to the countryside to scare the tourists into not coming here.
There's probably thousands of people there climbing the walls and hating that c**t Morrison for wanting to keep us locked down forever and completely f**king the economy.
But the grass is greener over there right now, at least until the next round of bushfires.

Pretty much all of this is wrong.
The number of deaths was everything to do with government decisions. Closing the borders and a strong focus on track and trace was the difference.
The January bushfire had a minimal effect on inbound travel.
Morrison initially argued against locking down and then was keen to ease restrictions early; it was the State governments which forced him into it.
The economy is recovering better than expected and is performing better than most.
No one is climbing the walls as we've all been able to go to the pub, the beach, the footy (with some restrictions and intermittent local lockdowns) for months. Recent State elections in WA and Qld delivered landslides for governments who locked down.
The only bit you got right was calling Morrison a c**t.

Fire up the Cohibas, imo

• 199 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 9,797 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.4% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that register offices are now generally closed on weekends)
  • 21 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 154 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 2,668,723 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 590,174 have received their second dose

Am i right in thinking positivity is usually a wee bit higher on Monday figures? 

ETA: I mean the test positivity - not the level of positivity on the forum resulting in clouds of cigar smoke. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

46 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Even sadder that he gave me a greenie for saying he's thick.

image.thumb.png.6c455dd0e26c6fb9f35b5d707f226998.png

Why shouldn't I, it made me laugh. 

Edited by ayrmad

13 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
  • 2.4% positivity

Am i right in thinking positivity is usually a wee bit higher on Monday figures? 

Yes, Monday seems to be higher than the 7 day average each time. This is the lowest Monday positivity since 28 September.

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

What a sad life to be looking at people in their 20s and 30s getting their jabs and thinking they're just at it. My gf and I have both had first doses, me because of a prior condition (which has zero effect on my life but am I f**k turning down the offer) and her because she works with vulnerable people. The country's full of paid and unpaid carers, but also full of gormless bitter folk who hate the idea of something good happening to others.

e88298f75f19b598b2eba0c336611f9c.png&qua

Alright gang - opinions please. My folks have asked if my two kids (aged 15 and 10) would like to go and spend the night with them this week. Pre-covid they stayed with them once a week. They stayed once last summer, but that's been it.

Mum has hat both jabs, dad has had one and their opinion is certainly in the "f**k it" category. They want to have a fun night with the grandkids. 

I'm inclined to just let them go. Can anyone here tell me why not (aside form the fact it's currently not legal)?

16 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Fire up the Cohibas, imo

• 199 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 9,797 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.4% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that register offices are now generally closed on weekends)
  • 21 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 154 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 2,668,723 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 590,174 have received their second dose

ETA: I mean the test positivity - not the level of positivity on the forum resulting in clouds of cigar smoke. 

Yes - it was 2.5% last Monday.

I think it’s always best to look at the figures from 7 days ago for a comparison rather than the day before. Not that the media know that mind - every day you see reactionary headlines like “cases/test positivity up/down from yesterday!!!”.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Alright gang - opinions please. My folks have asked if my two kids (aged 15 and 10) would like to go and spend the night with them this week. Pre-covid they stayed with them once a week. They stayed once last summer, but that's been it.

Mum has hat both jabs, dad has had one and their opinion is certainly in the "f**k it" category. They want to have a fun night with the grandkids. 

I'm inclined to just let them go. Can anyone here tell me why not (aside form the fact it's currently not legal)?

don't announce it, just do it. That's what everyone who's breaking the rules is doing these days

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

No reason not to let them go, I’d crack on. 

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:  Another decent day as we have total cases down 4% to 2000, cases 36.6 per 100K and positivity down again to 1.8%   However the English dip below 30 so will surely close the Borders to the Rona ravaged Scots ?

Clackmannanshire still the UKs most dangerous Council while Inverness Clachnacuddin's vicinity is Scotland's most dangerous neighbourhood.  Let's here it for the Clachs.  Couple of new additions to the Smoking room. Welcome P&K and East Lothian.  I am going to change qualification criteria "a la Scotgov" to 25 tomorrow.

Let's also take our hats of to the good old Swedes ☠️ who now have Europe's most ravaged country rising quickly to 428 cases per 100K.  

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 3rd April to 9th April  were  2086 now 2000 down 4.12%. Positivity was 1.9% down to 1.8%.   Cases per 100k were 38.2 now 36.6

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average   30.7 to 29.9 down 2.61%, England 30.1 to 29.3 down 2.66%,  Wales  19.3 to 18.3 down 5.18%, Northern Ireland 30.7 to 29.7 down 3.25% 

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 357 to 428, Poland  391 to 355,  Serbia 414 to 352,  France 293 to 352, Hungary 422 to 350,

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

UK's worst covid hole club

Clackmannanshire  131.9 to 102.8  Down over 22% but still the UK number 1 for at least 1 more day.

Under 100 Club could do better club

North Lanarkshire  64.2 to 64.2   

West Lothian 69.9 to 61.2  Down 12.44% great day

Glasgow City  65.5 to 60.8  Decent day over 7% drop 

Renfrewshire  62.0 to 60.3

Falkirk 50.3 to 53.5  Still on the rise again !!!  

Stirling   51.0 to 48.8

Fife  47.4 to 48.5

Moray 38.6 to 43.8 

Dundee City  43.5 to 42.9

South Lanarkshire 38.1 to 39.6    

East Ayrshire   41.0 to 39.3 

Under Scottish Average club 36.6

East Renfrewshire  35.6 to 35.6  

East Dunbartonshire  35.0 to 34.1

Aberdeen City 29.7 to 30.2 

Havana & Malt Whisky club Sub 30.0

West Dunbartonshire  24.7 to 29.2  Clinging on in the smokey room.

East Lothian  39.2 to 27.1 Brilliant 30% drop and can light up again. 🚬

Perth & Kinross 31.6 to 23.7 Excellent 25% drop 🚬  

City Of Edinburgh 22.7 to 22.5

Aberdeenshire  19.5 to 20.3

South Ayrshire  16.0 to 18.6   

North Ayrshire  20.0 to 17.1 

Inverclyde   9.0 to 14.1

Angus  17.2 to 13.8  Down over 65% in 3 days. Smokies back into Smoky territory. 

Highlands  13.1 to 12.3  75% of all cases in Inverness Merkinch,  Most dangerous place in Scotland.

Midlothian   16.2 to 10.8  Simply outstanding down 33.33%

Argyll & Bute  8.2 to 5.8

Scottish  Borders  4.3 to 3.5

Dumfries & Galloway 1.3 to 2.0  

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0

Western Isles   0.0 to 0.0

Orkney Island  0.0 to 0.0  

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Let them go. You will regret if you don't do it.

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I've told all my kids that they can visit with the grandkids whenever they want,when Nicola & Boris show me proper figures to show I shouldn't then I'll reconsider. 

Edited by ayrmad

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

Of course everyone lives in the same town as all their relatives.  Define far away.  An hours drive?  Two?  It's still an utterly stupid definition of being a carer despite your odd attempts to justify it.

You were the one who claimed that every adult in the country could cite unpaid carer status. They quite clearly can't going by the actual definition of visiting relatives rather than the one you furiously concocted in your own head.

That's really not my fault champ. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg