Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's pretty much exactly as you wrote it.

You clearly said all NZ have to do is vaccinate their population.

Did you actually mean all they need to do is vaccinate their population before joining us in the "why the f**k did we even bother" camp?

Yes, all they have to do is vaccinate their population then they'll have parity with us in that regard, there will be a disparity in deaths per head and levels of freedom over the previous year. 

46 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I've added them to the list: 

People in parks 

Young people

Football fans

People that took foreign holidays 

Bournemouth beach goers

Protestors

Unpaid carers

Anyone else? 

Well this is turning into quite the list isn't it? Teachers, scientists, neighbours, couples in supermarkets, unmasked runners and now vaccine queue jumpers too. 

I fear that the scum now constitutes the majority of the public of are once great country 🇬🇧 and therefore fear the forthcoming third wave* in 2 weeks' time

*we're agreed that it is the third wave and not the fourth, yes? 

Edited by Michael W

52 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I've added them to the list: 

People in parks 

Young people

Football fans

People that took foreign holidays 

Bournemouth beach goers

Protestors

Unpaid carers

Anyone else? 

Fat people & people attending a vigil need added.

23 minutes ago, Snafu said:

So why don't you philipy them in if it bothers you so much.

Where did I mention it bothering me? 

Philipying is for Philips. 

Edited by ayrmad

Not sure this has been shared

Independent Sage is becoming more and more bizarre.  The guy who claimed we would have herd immunity today (if you redefine Herd immnity to mean something completely different to how every other person understands it) has now said that the r number is 1.8.

52 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I’m under 30 and I’ve just registered as an unpaid carer.

Purely because it winds up ayrmad.

1FED871F-CBD9-40CE-830F-28CBB129A687.gif.a97ba1c60cdd62f2ecca9d2abbcb88e7.gif

I believe boundaries are there to be challenged rather than to conform to. 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

What a sad life to be looking at people in their 20s and 30s getting their jabs and thinking they're just at it. My gf and I have both had first doses, me because of a prior condition (which has zero effect on my life but am I f**k turning down the offer) and her because she works with vulnerable people. The country's full of paid and unpaid carers, but also full of gormless bitter folk who hate the idea of something good happening to others.

Lotta people think they're the One Good Boy in the world who deserves their treats. f**k knows how they get through life. Probably by voting Conservative every chance they get.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

If there's any justice, the under 30s queue jumpers will have got the AZ vaccine.

I know The Guys and they agree with me that queue jumpers are low class so they're getting the AZ vaccine.

54 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Can I have teachers on the list.

Seem an offy lot of them on this site, whining c***s the lot of them.

I'm being a whiny c**t bröther because it's been 12 months and I still haven't been able to hear this at a deafening volume

5 hours ago, strichener said:

Tbf, your success rate is pretty miniscule.  Let's ignore cumulative and speak about percentages.  I'm sure you'll be well below the "experts".  

Even more stark if you take the number of times that you posted the same inaccuracies with conviction.  

His "over as public health crisis" last August being a prime example.

Disappointing to see the unelected head of the fed hitting out with that tone of argument. Aye its frustrating that the criteria seems to include everyone who calls the police for help with their own job but to have a go at what’s possibly a small minority is an own goal, but not really surprising given his previous gaffes, truly the prince philip of police representative bodies. Issue should be taken up with the government not an unsubstantiated hidden ‘other’. Im a carer, im vaccinated, I know what I do for the person I care for so f**k anyone who has an issue. More people should review the criteria for unpaid carers too. 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

There are nearly 14 million people providing unpaid care to a vulnerable person whether that's through age, disability (my own situation) or whatever. To suggest that there's a rampant epidemic of people frauding the system to jump ahead by a couple of months is absolutely mental.

ayrmad having a mare again.

Yes - there will always be people who try to game the system but we are undoubtedly talking miniscule numbers.

26 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Not sure this has been shared

Independent Sage is becoming more and more bizarre.  The guy who claimed we would have herd immunity today (if you redefine Herd immnity to mean something completely different to how every other person understands it) has now said that the r number is 1.8.

Aren't Chile mainly using that pish Sinovac vaccine that even the Chinese are saying has poor efficacy? Not really comparable situations imo. Literally doing everything to try and keep everyone in panic.

Listening to another epidemiologist on the radio this morning and it struck me that these are the sort of people who would read that there is a 1 in 10,000 chance of being struck by lightning, look out the window on a glorious day, see a tiny black cloud, shit it and not go out. 

I think we are now reaching the point where the tangible benefits of the "road map" are being seeing in England at least. 2 weeks away from that for us, but crucially, I think we are at the point now where a backward step will not be accepted by the masses.

And just to add on before this gets quoted, I suspect YouGov surveys showing deep rooted support for current and stricter measures are a lot of shite.

The Lovejoy types are reaching the point where they will simply be allowed to quietly drown in their tears