Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

What evidence do you have that the paperwork that they've filled in is untruthful? 

Because I know they're not caring for anyone. 

Edited by ayrmad

Some laugh it's the Scottish Police Federation complaining about queue jumpers after their tears and snotters about police officers not getting to jump the queue themselves.

Greeting about 'armchair experts' only applies when criticising the actions of police officers it seems and excludes police unions trying to dictate public health policy.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

And it's happening, more and more in their 20's and 30's are popping up declaring they've had their 1st jab. 

Does it really matter when all the vulnerable people have been done first?

If this was happening when they were ploughing their way through the 70 year olds I agree it wouldn't have been right but it wasn't. 

4 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

All they need to do is complete the form on the Scottish government website , its short and does not ask many questions.

https://register.vacs.nhs.scot

No checks are done from all the people I know who have done this, within days they get their vaccination and a second appointment date.

I think due to the numbers doing this and posting about it, its come to light how open to abuse the system is, but also puts an end to the under 30's not wanting vaccinated .

It asks enough questions that the first time I fired random responses into the form there, it said 'You are not eligible for a vaccination at this time'. 

Once again, nearly one-fifth of the population is estimated to provide some form of unpaid care role. What evidence is there that the 'numbers doing this' are excessive then?

You still haven't explained what their prioritisation has got to do with you either, given that you're not on any clinical priority list. The level of ignorance and small time resentment being displayed about this is wild. 

What a sad life to be looking at people in their 20s and 30s getting their jabs and thinking they're just at it. My gf and I have both had first doses, me because of a prior condition (which has zero effect on my life but am I f**k turning down the offer) and her because she works with vulnerable people. The country's full of paid and unpaid carers, but also full of gormless bitter folk who hate the idea of something good happening to others.

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

14 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

All they need to do is complete the form on the Scottish government website , its short and does not ask many questions.

https://register.vacs.nhs.scot

No checks are done from all the people I know who have done this, within days they get their vaccination and a second appointment date.

I think due to the numbers doing this and posting about it, its come to light how open to abuse the system is, but also puts an end to the under 30's not wanting vaccinated .

For the sake of argument, there is literally nothing to stop anyone of any age registering as an unpaid carer so there’s no point having a gripe about the 20s and 30s.

There are nearly 14 million people providing unpaid care to a vulnerable person whether that's through age, disability (my own situation) or whatever. To suggest that there's a rampant epidemic of people frauding the system to jump ahead by a couple of months is absolutely mental.

I'm not angry about it.  Just pointing out it's a system open to abuse.  Some of the definitions of carers are also stretching it a bit and most people could fit into one of these categories.

https://www.mygov.scot/becoming-a-carer/

Visiting a relative once a month makes you a carer?  OK then.  I could register under that category probably along with every other adult in the country.

15 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Does it really matter when all the vulnerable people have been done first?

If this was happening when they were ploughing their way through the 70 year olds I agree it wouldn't have been right but it wasn't. 

It's of no concern to me either way. 

An update for the NHS Covid tracking app for England & Wales has been blocked for breaking the rules set by Google and Apple.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56713017

I particularly liked the following paragraphs:

“When questioned, the Department of Health declined to discuss how this misstep had occurred.

Scotland has avoided this pitfall because it released a separate product - Check In Scotland - to share venue histories, rather than trying to build the functionality into its Protect Scotland contact-tracing app.”

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I'm not angry about it.  Just pointing out it's a system open to abuse.  Some of the definitions of carers are also stretching it a bit and most people could fit into one of these categories.

https://www.mygov.scot/becoming-a-carer/

Visiting a relative once a month makes you a carer?  OK then.  I could register under that category probably along with every other adult in the country.

I think you'll find that the document says visting a relative far away once a month as an example of a caring activity. Not popping across town to your aunt's for a cup of tea.

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of this bizarre, seething resentment. 

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

That'll be why you've collected a dossier of people who you definitely know are rigging the system, despite having no actual insight into their home and family lives. 

46 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Have heard of plenty going down the carer route in recent weeks. 

28 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No, they fill the paperwork in stating their caring for someone with an underlying health condition. 

27 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

And it's happening, more and more in their 20's and 30's are popping up declaring they've had their 1st jab. 

20 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Because I know they're not caring for anyone. 

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

giphy.gif

That'll be why you've collected a dossier of people who you definitely know are rigging the system, despite having no actual insight into their home and family lives. 

Why would I not have insight into their home and family lives.?

I think you'll find that the document says visting a relative far away once a month as an example of a caring activity. Not popping across town to your aunt's for a cup of tea.

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of this bizarre, seething resentment. 

Of course everyone lives in the same town as all their relatives.  Define far away.  An hours drive?  Two?  It's still an utterly stupid definition of being a carer despite your odd attempts to justify it.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

It's not that difficult. I went through an ordeal of a two and a half hour phone call to the DWP last week to chase up the letter on this year's pension increase as I need it for the NHS Highland payment side of her care home fee. Still waiting for that but I received an application for the attendance allowance which I don't need since everything she needs from day to day is at the care home. I used to receive attendance allowance when I looked after her at home, I never used it on myself only to assist in her needs and I stopped the benefit immediately when she left for the care home.

I can see how easy it can be abused if the DWP just throw money at everything that moves.

I'm not suggesting for a second that there won't be a small number of people who have gamed the system but to suggest it's anything other than that when there's no evidence for it is nuts.

Edited by Gaz