Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Obviously these are all fantastic developments (not to mention an absolute minter for the Leitch's and Devi's of this world), but what the hell has happened to trigger such a change of tone and opinion essentially overnight?!

That absolute junk 'science correspondent' Thomas Moore from Sky penned an article the other day about how this modelling and variants meant our summer was torpedoed, as the vaccines alone weren't enough. heh.png

Another loser who thinks this crisis has elevated his importance and wants it to drag on as long as possible. The reality is that continued irrelevance awaits. tfw.png

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Obviously these are all fantastic developments (not to mention an absolute minter for the Leitch's and Devi's of this world), but what the hell has happened to trigger such a change of tone and opinion essentially overnight?!

Being laughed at by the British public? Solidarity following the death of auld Phil? DdHDBUq.png

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That absolute junk 'science correspondent' Thomas Moore from Sky penned an article the other day about how this modelling and variants meant our summer was torpedoed, as the vaccines alone weren't enough. heh.png

Another loser who thinks this crisis has elevated his importance and wants it to drag on as long as possible. The reality is that continued irrelevance awaits. tfw.png

Thomas Moore has been my own personal Covid hate figure. Thoroughly enjoyed his time in the limelight, getting tangibly excited by the slightest hint of bad news (the Bristol variant being a "variant of the variant") and generally just being a very poor journalist.

Can't wait to see the back of him.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Who apparently, if you believe reports, make up the vast majority (well over 60%) of people in the country.
That is a shocker right there.

I understand being worried about vulnerable friends and relatives but this level of paralysing fear for something which carries substantially less risk of death than driving your car?

I just don't understand that at all.

I understand and sympathise with them, the media along with the various governments have scared a large chunk of folk shitless, fair enough in the early months but I've not really witnessed the dial being switched down to a fair level so far. 

Need things like those Indian figures to inject a bit of urgency into the vaccination rollout across the globe. 

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

tenor.gif

May as well laugh at this as it won't be up to anyone within the SG or advising it to decide.

As soon as the UK Gov permits foreign travel, those in Scotland will be able to make use of it.

It might mean the slight inconvenience of needing to travel to Newcastle or Manchester first, but many are already happy to do so anyway.

A classic example of someone getting their voice on record so they can play the "I warned you" card in case it does become an issue, but when it doesn't, can just hide behind "we just didn't know" trope and carry on as normal.

Guest Bob Mahelp
41 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The 'experts' have been struggling since day one of the pandemic. If they'd all got it right from the beginning, we wouldn't have had the chaos of the last 13 months. 

I've learned to take these scientific pronouncements with a pinch of salt. The newspapers that publish these articles tend to have an agenda.....for instance, The Telegraph (and other right wing papers) are vehemently anti-lockdown and 95% of the 'expert opinions' they publish will back up the agaenda that they hold. 

The Grauniad on the other hand, have a definite handbrake-on agenda, and continually publish 'death, death and we're doomed' articles. 

I think that this is just another example of that. For each government expert saying that we have nothing to worry about, another one will pop up saying we have. 

It's probably been like that for the last 12 months. 

26 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The 'experts' have been struggling since day one of the pandemic. If they'd all got it right from the beginning, we wouldn't have had the chaos of the last 13 months. 

I've learned to take these scientific pronouncements with a pinch of salt. The newspapers that publish these articles tend to have an agenda.....for instance, The Telegraph (and other right wing papers) are vehemently anti-lockdown and 95% of the 'expert opinions' they publish will back up the agaenda that they hold. 

The Grauniad on the other hand, have a definite handbrake-on agenda, and continually publish 'death, death and we're doomed' articles. 

I think that this is just another example of that. For each government expert saying that we have nothing to worry about, another one will pop up saying we have. 

It's probably been like that for the last 12 months. 

Tbf they have struggled because they have, at every turn, worked off the assumption that absolutely nothing previously known about viruses could be applied to SARS-Cov-2, only to later realise that it does.

Perhaps had they not done so, and in turn we had not tried to go down the unrealistic route of trying to stop absolutely anyone catching or dying from an airborne respiratory virus, we might have spent the last 14 months having rational discussions about it rather than hysterical doom mongering, and living with sustainable measures in place rather than excessive "hard" lockdowns and inconsistent, arbitrary restrictions.

Edited by Todd_is_God

39 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Surprised Sky haven't asked JL or DS yet. 

Scotland's three biggest slavers about covid:

Leitch - dentist

Sridhar - nutritionist/anthropologist

Bauld - social scientist

QLFMjQU.png