Coronavirus (COVID-19)

As much as vaccine passports are a lot of shit, it is nice to see the rhetoric regarding herd immunity and realising that this nonsense is eventually going to be in the bin where it belongs sooner or later.

The case numbers in India are worrying, the rate of increase in this 2nd wave is frightening, hopefully our scientists are involved in trying to rule out new variants. 

Edited by ayrmad

Thailand just had it's highest daily numbers today.  967

They are saying it's the UK variant.  Next week is our New Year and millions of people are on the move, the Government have not put a ban to this, in fact encouraged the travel to stimulate the economy.  

Some hospitals in Bangkok are refusing to test people as is the policy if they are found positive they then MUST accommodate that person in that hospital, no going home, in this country, therefore the Government/Army are setting up 10,000 field hospitals, yes this is correct 10,000 hospitals all over the country.  

Things are going to get bumpy.

and as I type this, there is the first of many family members just arrived from Bangkok.  Well, it was nice knowing you all.😟

Just now, oaksoft said:

Thailand is yet another country which appears to have dragged its heels over getting their arses in gear and vaccinating people.

The report I read said they only approved vaccines in March.

This really beggars belief.

0.3% of the population have been vaccinated.  We don't have many jags to hand out, we never signed up to the WHO vaccination program, our government was too proud for a handout, we will go it alone.

ASEAN are not doing very well at the jagging game.

3944979.jpg 

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

India, along with most other countries, have sat on their arses for MONTHS without vaccinating enough people.

As of today, they haven't even reached 10% of the population vaccinated.

I would be pretty certain that our scientists are very well involved in ascertaining which variant is causing that massive spike.

The delay and/or lack of action in vaccinating people has been a global scandal for most countries in the world.

Not disagreeing on the vaccine rollout worldwide but that growth rate is very concerning.

I'm not someone that celebrates anything until it's over the line so I've certainly never took it for granted that a variant couldn't pop up that pays lip service to the vaccines, hopefully an easily explainable reason for the increase. 

Edited by ayrmad

I understand why they didn’t reveal hospital and ICU numbers during the Easter weekend but why now this weekend too? Is it to take away attention from how quickly the numbers are going down - so people don’t start complaining? Was pretty angry to see cases still in there but these more important stats left out.

Over the past month or so I find myself getting angrier and and angrier at restrictions and the travel one in particular. 

I keep an eye on various wildlife-watching Facebook groups and there's been a sighting of something pretty rare for Scotland across the water in Kinghorn/Burntisland over the past week or so.

The idea that I can't travel 30 miles to sit in my car with some binoculars and a camera has me in a f**king, seething mess. 

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Over the past month or so I find myself getting angrier and and angrier at restrictions and the travel one in particular. 

I keep an eye on various wildlife-watching Facebook groups and there's been a sighting of something pretty rare for Scotland across the water in Kinghorn/Burntisland over the past week or so.

The idea that I can't travel 30 miles to sit in my car with some binoculars and a camera has me in a f**king, seething mess. 

I'm not suggesting the whole population do as they please but I'd be out with my binoculars if it was making me feel like that. 

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not suggesting the whole population do as they please but I'd be out with my binoculars if it was making me feel like that. 

Keeping a close eye on the sighting reports group as it's popped up at odd times and the species hasn't been100% confirmed. It was only yesterday that someone who would actually be able to identify it finally got a clear look and he reckons he's 90% sure of what it is.

If it starts appearing regularly then I'll be heading across for a look.

Edited by Rizzo

3 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Keeping a close eye on the sighting reports group as it's popped up at odd times and the species hasn't been100% confirmed. It was only yesterday that someone who would actually be able to identify it finally got a clear look and he reckons he's 90% sure of what it is.

If it starts appearing regularly then I'll be heading across for a look.

Hopefully it appears regularly for yourself and other like-minded folk. 

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Having walked a considerable distance yesterday and seen every play park rammed with nil social distancing, nil masks etc its abundantly clear that the population have said f**k it to restrictions.

The SG et al can kid on to their hearts content that Having everything shut is somehow making a difference, its not people are doing what they want to try and make life as tolerable as it can be.

The fact that there are 20 cases in ITU, there are  areas of the country where there are no cases  but alas you cannot play indoor sport, can't go to the pub, can't have a meal in a restaurant, can't have people round your house, can't go to football, can't visit a museum, can't go to a castle etc etc is absolutely laughable.   Vaccines anyone, hello ffs.

So yes quite rightly people are saying f**k it, enough is enough, get these nonsensical restrictions in the bin where they belong.

I'd suggest you go where the hell you want.

The SG won't be able to ignore the numbers forever, unfortunately the nearer we get to the election the more any easing will be viewed as electioneering and I'm not sure how that fits in with her apparent need to look sympathetic and statesmanlike to the fearful ones. 

45 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

I understand why they didn’t reveal hospital and ICU numbers during the Easter weekend but why now this weekend too? Is it to take away attention from how quickly the numbers are going down - so people don’t start complaining? Was pretty angry to see cases still in there but these more important stats left out.

Probably just not paying folk to work over the weekend now, makes sense really no point paying someone to collate the NHS figures and then stick them on the gov.scot site.

What would this achieve? The numbers they release on Monday are going to be the same whether they release figures over the weekend or not.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

On hospital/ICU numbers, was told last night that for the first time since Feb/March 2020, Raigmore Hospital is now COVID-free. The COVID ITU is completely empty. Let’s hope it continues!

Open the pubs (in Inverness)

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Open the pubs (in Inverness)

Are you mad? There might be a Raigmore variant which evades vaccines and is 835x as deadly just about to rip through Inverness and fill the ICU overnight. We just don’t know. Pubs shut until May 2022 and can only walk your dog in circles around your house just to be safe.

It is good that despite a very clearly lesser lock down with schools remaining open, numbers of a MoRe DeAdLy StRaIn!!!! Continue to drop. If only we could establish that the vaccines are having some effect on this. We just don't know though, so the safest thing to do is to credit this progress to people not being able to consume alcoholic beverages in a public setting.